Munday TeaDay 4/14/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Do you maintain some form of written inventory of your TEA?

Yes I do
27%
No I do not
73%

Total votes: 59

Apr 15th, '08, 00:50

by Sam. » Apr 15th, '08, 00:50

Alright, reading everyone's organization methods is definitely going to lead the OCD in me (I can be very, very OCD) to start up a spreadsheet soon to document all my teas and their parameters. It hadn't even occurred to me!

Apr 15th, '08, 00:53

by auggy » Apr 15th, '08, 00:53

Sam (formerly scarrell) wrote:
Teasweetie wrote:
auggy wrote:Just tried citron green for the first time. The smell was driving me nuts, reminding me of some cereal. I finally figured it out. Fruity Pebbles. Seriously. I think I've gone nuts.
Citron green...fruity pebbles?! How funny!! Citron green was what got me hooked on tea...and, yes, I used to eat fruity pebbles when I was a kid...and when I was a college freshman...! :lol:
Of course I had to go and pull out my tin of citron green to take a big sniff. I guess it sort of does smell like fruity pebbles - so strange! I never would have made that connection. Cereal like that's too sugary. :lol:
I've been known to eat a box in one day. :oops: Mind you, it was a small box. But not as long ago as I would have liked. Ironically, I don't really like the tea. The smell and taste throws me off too much. But now I really want some Fruity Pebble cereal.

Apr 15th, '08, 00:55

by Sam. » Apr 15th, '08, 00:55

I'll stick to my multigrain Life and vanilla soymilk. Yum, yum!

Apr 15th, '08, 00:56

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 15th, '08, 00:56

Katrina wrote:I think instead of this group therapy curing us, we're just converting others to our side.
Not to mention giving those us who already have fun lists ideas to make them more complicated and better sorted.

I am ending my tea day with a nice mug of Foxtrot.

Apr 15th, '08, 01:52

by chamekke » Apr 15th, '08, 01:52

Salsero wrote:I wonder why so many teapeople are IT or math or science or at least OCD. This thread seems to bring out that fact, at least the OCD part. Sometimes it seems like I am surrounded by programmers and systems analysts here.
Another forum on which I'm active has an ongoing poll asking the members to identify their Myers-Briggs personality type. It seems that the predominant "type" on that forum - or at least, among the people who responded to the poll! - is INTJ (generally regarded as the rarest type numerically!). And in general, there is an extremely strong bias in favour of Introverted Thinking.

Now, I know that this is probably not what you meant by IT ;) but I do think that many forums do self-select for folks who are introverted and/or comfortable with information technology (which often translates to analytical/thinking types, which often translates to an IT career choice).

Hence the abundance of spreadsheets :roll:

By the way, although I don't track my teas via spreadsheets - yet - I do track all my tea utensils that way. I also track my tea-related books on LibraryThing. Woo-hoo!

Chamekke
(another IT girl)

Apr 15th, '08, 01:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 15th, '08, 01:58

chamekke wrote:I do think that many forums do self-select for folks who are introverted and/or comfortable with information technology (which often translates to analytical/thinking types, which often translates to an IT career choice).
Which often translates to LOSER. jk :wink:

I like the way you think chamekke, next time you have an opening for a bf position, let me know. I'll fill out an app. Don't worry, I thrive on rejection!

Apr 15th, '08, 02:03

by Chip » Apr 15th, '08, 02:03

chamekke wrote:By the way, although I don't track my teas via spreadsheets - yet - I do track all my tea utensils that way. I also track my tea-related books on LibraryThing. Woo-hoo!

Chamekke
(another IT girl)
WOW...nice book collection.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 15th, '08, 02:31

by olivierco » Apr 15th, '08, 02:31

chamekke wrote: I also track my tea-related books on LibraryThing. Woo-hoo!

Chamekke
(another IT girl)
Nice collection!
If you have the time, I'd like to read your comments on teabooks, especially those that are still available in Tea Book and Magazine Reviews Discussion

Apr 15th, '08, 07:40

by CynTEAa » Apr 15th, '08, 07:40

This TeaDay had pretty high postings. Hmmmm..... L-Theanine anyone? :wink:

My sister would love this thread. I have a picture of perfectly organized dipping sauces she had arranged for her chicken nuggets in the car...on the dash... :roll:

Apr 15th, '08, 10:43

by TimeforTea » Apr 15th, '08, 10:43

chamekke wrote:I also track my tea-related books on LibraryThing. Woo-hoo!

Chamekke
(another IT girl)
Ooh!! I am going to love using this. Thanks for the link. :D

Apr 15th, '08, 13:47

by Sam. » Apr 15th, '08, 13:47

Yea, I definitely bookmarked that LibraryThing link. :D I'll start keeping a catelog of my books this summer!