Wenzzzday, TeaDay, 4/16/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Yesterday's topic was so interesting, now, back to the future. Do you anticipate changes in your TeaTaste over the next year?

Yes, I am expecting a lot of changes
7%
Yes, I am expecting some changes
36%
Yes, I am in a more or less constant state of flux
15%
I have no idea
29%
No, not likely
13%
No, definitely not
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 55

Apr 17th, '08, 00:49

by Wesli » Apr 17th, '08, 00:49

HAPPY B-DAY KAT!

Apr 17th, '08, 02:30

by chamekke » Apr 17th, '08, 02:30

Happy Birthday, Katrina :D

This year I'm drinking mostly Japanese greens and some oolong. Next year, who knows? I'd like to expand my tea vocabulary, learn more about Chinese teas, and the exceedingly mysterious pu ehr :wink:

In my cup at the moment: Japanese green tea with a touch of jasmine. It's a blend from a local tea shop and, I suspect, contains more bancha than sencha!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Apr 17th, '08, 08:22

by Katrina » Apr 17th, '08, 08:22

Boy - Thanks for all the birthday wishes. You know how to make a girl feel welcome. :D

The special birthday tea ended up being 3 infusions of the 2007 Spring Oolong from Just 4 Tea. For whatever reason, infusion #2 was absolutely heavenly.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Apr 17th, '08, 08:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 17th, '08, 08:46

Katrina wrote:The special birthday tea ended up being 3 infusions of the 2007 Spring Oolong from Just 4 Tea. For whatever reason, infusion #2 was absolutely heavenly.
Mmm I almost bought some of this recently, but didn't. I would be interested in your thoughts on it.

Apr 17th, '08, 10:00

by Katrina » Apr 17th, '08, 10:00

Salsero wrote:
Katrina wrote:The special birthday tea ended up being 3 infusions of the 2007 Spring Oolong from Just 4 Tea. For whatever reason, infusion #2 was absolutely heavenly.
Mmm I almost bought some of this recently, but didn't. I would be interested in your thoughts on it.
As I've mentioned, I don't have a lot of oolong experience, but I really, really liked this. It was pretty lightly oxidized. The first infusion was very bold and nutty. The second infusion was a bit more gentle, with a beautiful blend of nuttiness and florals. Really aromatic. Absolutely heavenly. The leaf opened beautifully. I didn't think the 3rd infusion was as good (they recommend 2 - 3 infusions) but I think I oversteeped a bit. Since it was my first attempt I'm still playing around with parameters.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Apr 17th, '08, 10:14

by Salsero » Apr 17th, '08, 10:14

Mmm, sounds good. Thanks.

Apr 17th, '08, 19:49

by bi lew chun » Apr 17th, '08, 19:49

I returned to loose-leaf tea after a several year absence in late 2007, and for some reason ended up getting a Tokoname kyusu but lots of Chinese green tea.

I now have a gaiwan & tasting cups coming from Jing Tea Shop, along with a few pre Qing-Ming greens and an Anxi tasting set. I am super excited to 1) try some fresh first-flush teas and 2) expand my oolong experience.

In May I anticipate diving into more Japanese tea, because my kyusu will need some love by then.

Apr 17th, '08, 20:15

by Victoria » Apr 17th, '08, 20:15

bi lew chun wrote: ... I now have a gaiwan & tasting cups coming from Jing Tea Shop, along with a few pre Qing-Ming greens and an Anxi tasting set. I am super excited to 1) try some fresh first-flush teas and 2) expand my oolong experience ...
Welcome to TeaChat!!

Oh that Anxi tasting set is just the best ever! One of the ones in there is the best TGY I have ever tasted. The others are great too. Please report back with your impressions!
Enjoy!

Victoria

Apr 17th, '08, 23:28

by bi lew chun » Apr 17th, '08, 23:28

Victoria wrote:
bi lew chun wrote: ... I now have a gaiwan & tasting cups coming from Jing Tea Shop, along with a few pre Qing-Ming greens and an Anxi tasting set. I am super excited to 1) try some fresh first-flush teas and 2) expand my oolong experience ...
Welcome to TeaChat!!

Oh that Anxi tasting set is just the best ever! One of the ones in there is the best TGY I have ever tasted. The others are great too. Please report back with your impressions!
Enjoy!

Victoria

Thank you. That is very good to hear. Will do!

Lewis