Wenzzzday, TeaDay, 4/16/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Yesterday's topic was so interesting, now, back to the future. Do you anticipate changes in your TeaTaste over the next year?

Yes, I am expecting a lot of changes
4
7%
Yes, I am expecting some changes
20
36%
Yes, I am in a more or less constant state of flux
8
15%
I have no idea
16
29%
No, not likely
7
13%
No, definitely not
0
No votes
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
Apr 17th 08 4:49 am
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jun 8th 07 5:00 pm
Location: 3161 A.D.

by Wesli » Apr 17th 08 4:49 am

HAPPY B-DAY KAT!

User avatar
Apr 17th 08 6:30 am
Posts: 1963
Joined: Apr 6th 08 11:02 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada

by chamekke » Apr 17th 08 6:30 am

Happy Birthday, Katrina :D

This year I'm drinking mostly Japanese greens and some oolong. Next year, who knows? I'd like to expand my tea vocabulary, learn more about Chinese teas, and the exceedingly mysterious pu ehr :wink:

In my cup at the moment: Japanese green tea with a touch of jasmine. It's a blend from a local tea shop and, I suspect, contains more bancha than sencha!

User avatar
Apr 17th 08 12:22 pm
Posts: 263
Joined: Oct 19th 07 12:45 am
Location: Massachusetts

by Katrina » Apr 17th 08 12:22 pm

Boy - Thanks for all the birthday wishes. You know how to make a girl feel welcome. :D

The special birthday tea ended up being 3 infusions of the 2007 Spring Oolong from Just 4 Tea. For whatever reason, infusion #2 was absolutely heavenly.

User avatar
Apr 17th 08 12:46 pm
Posts: 5191
Joined: Dec 21st 06 4:33 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

by Salsero » Apr 17th 08 12:46 pm

Katrina wrote:The special birthday tea ended up being 3 infusions of the 2007 Spring Oolong from Just 4 Tea. For whatever reason, infusion #2 was absolutely heavenly.
Mmm I almost bought some of this recently, but didn't. I would be interested in your thoughts on it.

User avatar
Apr 17th 08 2:00 pm
Posts: 263
Joined: Oct 19th 07 12:45 am
Location: Massachusetts

by Katrina » Apr 17th 08 2:00 pm

Salsero wrote:
Katrina wrote:The special birthday tea ended up being 3 infusions of the 2007 Spring Oolong from Just 4 Tea. For whatever reason, infusion #2 was absolutely heavenly.
Mmm I almost bought some of this recently, but didn't. I would be interested in your thoughts on it.
As I've mentioned, I don't have a lot of oolong experience, but I really, really liked this. It was pretty lightly oxidized. The first infusion was very bold and nutty. The second infusion was a bit more gentle, with a beautiful blend of nuttiness and florals. Really aromatic. Absolutely heavenly. The leaf opened beautifully. I didn't think the 3rd infusion was as good (they recommend 2 - 3 infusions) but I think I oversteeped a bit. Since it was my first attempt I'm still playing around with parameters.

User avatar
Apr 17th 08 2:14 pm
Posts: 5191
Joined: Dec 21st 06 4:33 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

by Salsero » Apr 17th 08 2:14 pm

Mmm, sounds good. Thanks.

User avatar
Apr 17th 08 11:49 pm
Posts: 309
Joined: Apr 16th 08 8:39 am
Location: Pennsylvania

by bi lew chun » Apr 17th 08 11:49 pm

I returned to loose-leaf tea after a several year absence in late 2007, and for some reason ended up getting a Tokoname kyusu but lots of Chinese green tea.

I now have a gaiwan & tasting cups coming from Jing Tea Shop, along with a few pre Qing-Ming greens and an Anxi tasting set. I am super excited to 1) try some fresh first-flush teas and 2) expand my oolong experience.

In May I anticipate diving into more Japanese tea, because my kyusu will need some love by then.

User avatar
Apr 18th 08 12:15 am
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th 08 11:00 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA

by Victoria » Apr 18th 08 12:15 am

bi lew chun wrote: ... I now have a gaiwan & tasting cups coming from Jing Tea Shop, along with a few pre Qing-Ming greens and an Anxi tasting set. I am super excited to 1) try some fresh first-flush teas and 2) expand my oolong experience ...
Welcome to TeaChat!!

Oh that Anxi tasting set is just the best ever! One of the ones in there is the best TGY I have ever tasted. The others are great too. Please report back with your impressions!
Enjoy!

Victoria

.

User avatar
Apr 18th 08 3:28 am
Posts: 309
Joined: Apr 16th 08 8:39 am
Location: Pennsylvania

by bi lew chun » Apr 18th 08 3:28 am

Victoria wrote:
bi lew chun wrote: ... I now have a gaiwan & tasting cups coming from Jing Tea Shop, along with a few pre Qing-Ming greens and an Anxi tasting set. I am super excited to 1) try some fresh first-flush teas and 2) expand my oolong experience ...
Welcome to TeaChat!!

Oh that Anxi tasting set is just the best ever! One of the ones in there is the best TGY I have ever tasted. The others are great too. Please report back with your impressions!
Enjoy!

Victoria

.
Thank you. That is very good to hear. Will do!

Lewis