Thursday's TeaDay 5/01/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Please take a look at the 5 main categories of TeaChat, which is your favorite category?

Welcome
23%
Adagio
5%
Teas and Teaware
68%
TeaCommunity
2%
Misc.
2%

Total votes: 56

May 1st, '08, 11:53

by DangerInRed » May 1st, '08, 11:53

I chose Adagio, because I love reading about, well, everything! It's such an interesting company.

In my cup today is Blue Raven's Tahiti, with just a hint of sugar. Mmmm.

May 1st, '08, 12:20

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 1st, '08, 12:20

I chose the Tea and Teaware section. As much as I love TeaDay, the Tea and Teaware section is where I got to figure out which teas are good, brewing parameters, and to drool over all the pretty pots and cups.

Today, I am drinking White Tip Oolong. It definitely tastes better when it is brewed at higher temperatures.

May 1st, '08, 12:25

by Sam. » May 1st, '08, 12:25

I picked "Tea and Teaware" with "Welcome" (TeaDay) as a close second!

May 1st, '08, 13:34

by scotty X » May 1st, '08, 13:34

welcome edged out tea and teaware simply because even when i'm busy i stop by teaday, plus there are many posts that enlighten me about new possibilities.

today is MAYDAY!!!! the universal worker's holiday, except, you know, in the US. i'll be drinking plenty of tea amidst the populist propaganda i'll have to spout out at work.

May 1st, '08, 14:11

by henley » May 1st, '08, 14:11

ThinkingOutLoud wrote:I had to vote for Welcome: TeaDay since this is the one place I reliably visit.
I think you're like me... sometimes TeaDay is the only thing I have time to read. Usually after kids are in bed I'll try to catch up on all the new posts.

Had vanilla oolong w/bfast today. It's pretty good but I don't think I'll be ordering it again.

May 1st, '08, 14:35

by RussianSoul » May 1st, '08, 14:35

I chose Welcome and TeaDay. And no, Chip didn't bribe me, although I wish he'd send some sencha my way. It's just the thread that I read most. Tea and TeaWare is very close second.

Right now drinking Shui Xian from TeaSpring. Very nice, but I am realizing that high fired oolongs may not become my top teas. I seem to prefer greener stuff.

May 1st, '08, 15:27

by Katrina » May 1st, '08, 15:27

I must confess that I voted for Tea & Teawares...although I feel a bit of a traitor to TeaDay. If the question was where do I spend the most time, it would likely be here at TeaDay. I just feel like without the Tea section I wouldn't have found my way here in the first place.

About to make some White Blueberry.

It's a gorgeous day here in New England, FYI. Definitely needed after a few straight days of rain.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

May 1st, '08, 15:30

by Terrasi » May 1st, '08, 15:30

Maybe if tea and teaware were their own separate sections this would be a more fair fight.

I got my new order today! In my cup: Spring darjeeling.

May 1st, '08, 15:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 1st, '08, 15:50

No tears shed here...TeaChat has long been about tea, only recently has it been about daily TeaFellowship that is unique to TeaDay as well, where any and all tea aficionados are welcome regardless of his/her tastes. TeaDay has sort of become the doorway to TeaChat, rarely does one say, wow, I love the door to that house more than anything, but the door says come on in, you are welcome here.

Still, I love this door. I love the fellowship and the casual sharing, the friendly atmosphere that I find here. This doorway has been instrumental in a 3-4 fold increase in overal forum posts. What is happening, more members are visiting TC and staying longer everyday, participating more in the entire forum.

I walk through this door and into the rest of the forum. There I love the information sharing, the wealth of knowledge. Without all this, TeaDay would just be a doorway to nowhere. There also needs to be substance to justify the doorway.

Another way of looking at is, TeaDay is more about people, the rest of the forum is more about tea. But we came here because we love tea, we stick around because we love TeaChat.

Regarding the bribes, as soon as adagio pays me, I will mail the checks. :wink:

I am enjoying all the responses, especially the wrong ones. :lol:
Last edited by Chip on May 1st, '08, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

May 1st, '08, 16:16

by Eastree » May 1st, '08, 16:16

There's no "Other" option. I like just about every part of the forum. Even though I'm not an avid collector of teaware, for example, I enjoy looking at others' collections when they're posted. And with teas, I sometimes want to try the ones others have had, though it's not curretnly in my stock.

Above all else, though, especially when civil yet fun, the chat is my favorite part of the site. It's great getting to know people who share a passion on a level beyond questions and answers.

May 1st, '08, 17:23

by Chip » May 1st, '08, 17:23

Eastree wrote:There's no "Other" option. I like just about every part of the forum. Even though I'm not an avid collector of teaware, for example, I enjoy looking at others' collections when they're posted. And with teas, I sometimes want to try the ones others have had, though it's not curretnly in my stock.

Above all else, though, especially when civil yet fun, the chat is my favorite part of the site. It's great getting to know people who share a passion on a level beyond questions and answers.
How could I have forgotten IM...tomorrow's poll may be related.

OH, Sencha Tokusen started my TD, now finishing Long Jing...kinda. I will save a steep or 2 for tonight for low caffeine sipping.

Now, my 3rd tea..........
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 1st, '08, 17:55

by ThinkingOutLoud » May 1st, '08, 17:55

I tried two new (to me) teas today for my 2nd and 3rd cups. 2nd was White Peony, which I loved. This should become a new friend. 3rd was Spiced Green. Um, I don't think so. I will try it again, but it left me with a really not nice after taste and I am not enjoying the staying power. I didn't enjoy it in my cup, either, actually. I will probably finish the night with an old friend, maybe Citron Green.

May 1st, '08, 17:55

by CynTEAa » May 1st, '08, 17:55

TeaDay is what I chose. I love Tea and Teaware but seem to really enjoy knowing what is in everyone's cup and sharing what is in mine. I don't always have time to get to the other sections but like passing through the 'lobby'.

Today's cups have been fun. Started with Yunnan Gold of course, but then got to cup some silver needle samples, a white monkey and a pi lo chun. Fun stuff!

Now I have a Nepalese first flush. Light bodied, nice aroma, more fruity with a touch of floral and a a soft sweetness. A tad crisp but not astringent. Ahhhh - Spring!
:D

May 1st, '08, 19:29

by augie » May 1st, '08, 19:29

Show off your pots and cups . . . Where is Tomasini, anyway?

May 1st, '08, 21:39

by daughteroftheKing » May 1st, '08, 21:39

TeaDay is where I check in first and it's greatly improved the overall feel of the board. Sometimes it's as far as I get if I'm pressed for time. Normally, though, I try to look at the latest posts in the other forums.

Started the day with White Darjeeling, went on to Darjeeling 22. The T@3 group really liked Orange Blossom Oolong (New Mexico tea co.; thank you Victoria) this afternoon (along with the "organic" jelly beans somebody brought to share!). Finishing up my day by resteeping the sweet white darjeeling.

Teasweetie -- I really like that Emerald Petals, too. A gentle green and not veggie tasting (I like asparagus, but not in my teacup :) )
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")