THURSDAY TeaDay 5/15/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!


When selecting a Tea vendor, how much of an emphasis do you place on price?

Price is the number one consideration when selecting a vendor
2
4%
Price is a high consideration when selecting a vendor
18
32%
Price is a consideration when selecting a vendor
23
40%
Price is of minor consideration when selecting a vendor
8
14%
Price is not a consideration when selecting a vendor
6
11%
 
Total votes: 57

May 15th, '08, 16:51
Posts: 1996
Joined: Jan 14th, '08, 18:01
Location: CA
Contact: Pentox

by Pentox » May 15th, '08, 16:51

Today i'm having the last of my Sayama Yabukita mixed with some Tosa Shimatogawa because I didn't have enough of the Yabukita left. Not bad, but it's no shincha. Oh my shincha how I can't wait to truly enjoy thee.

User avatar
May 15th, '08, 16:58
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

by Chip » May 15th, '08, 16:58

Jack said, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SHINCHA!!!"
Just kidding, just my current catch phrase for all things shincha.

5th steep Hashiri...mmmmmmmmmm...
Last edited by Chip on May 15th, '08, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
May 15th, '08, 17:08
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

by Victoria » May 15th, '08, 17:08

Chip wrote:
Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Bfast just looked too pretty this morning not to share. It's not a professional shot but still thought it turned out pretty good.
Image
Wow! That is gorgeous henley, I love it.

I'm having a nice cup of Adagio Oolong #18 this morning at work. Busy day ahead!
Henley is too modest. I agree, gorgeous, and so inviting even with the girly cups! :wink:
Careful Chip!! There is Orange Blossom Oolong in that girly cup!!

User avatar
May 15th, '08, 17:31
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

by Chip » May 15th, '08, 17:31

Victoria wrote:
Chip wrote:
Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Bfast just looked too pretty this morning not to share. It's not a professional shot but still thought it turned out pretty good.
Image
Wow! That is gorgeous henley, I love it.

I'm having a nice cup of Adagio Oolong #18 this morning at work. Busy day ahead!
Henley is too modest. I agree, gorgeous, and so inviting even with the girly cups! :wink:
Careful Chip!! There is Orange Blossom Oolong in that girly cup!!
I am *gulp* prepared! :lol:

May 15th, '08, 21:13
Posts: 84
Joined: Mar 16th, '08, 22:44

Shincha - Uji Miyabi

by jim109 » May 15th, '08, 21:13

Still waiting for my first Shincha, notified that it won't ship until the 20th of May! I recieved Uji-Kame Giro, good but have to play with it. Cost doesn't seem to matter for a 2oz bag to see if you like a tea. Jim

User avatar
May 15th, '08, 23:04
Posts: 1142
Joined: Dec 2nd, '07, 17:53
Location: New York

by joelbct » May 15th, '08, 23:04

I said not a consideration for the vendor.

Price is a consideration for which tea I buy, yes, but thus far, I think the vendors I order from offer fair prices in general, so I go with whichever vendor has the best tea...

Because in the end, tea is the concern!

User avatar
May 15th, '08, 23:36
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

by Chip » May 15th, '08, 23:36

Had a little Tokusen sencha left and blended it with Hatsumi for a very nice session. These 2 were really different from each other, but turned out they were complimentary!

User avatar
May 15th, '08, 23:44
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jun 8th, '07, 13:00
Location: 3161 A.D.
Contact: Wesli

by Wesli » May 15th, '08, 23:44

Where'd you get the glas gaiwan sallyboy?

User avatar
May 15th, '08, 23:55
Posts: 2327
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 19:46
Location: Seattle Area
Contact: tenuki

by tenuki » May 15th, '08, 23:55

chrl42 wrote:To me, price is high consideration. My emphasis is this, a seller who sets much higher price then it deserves is not a righteous seller. Therefore, I don't expect righteous teas from them.
QFT.

User avatar
May 16th, '08, 00:29
Posts: 668
Joined: Aug 28th, '07, 13:32
Location: Northeast Georgia

by henley » May 16th, '08, 00:29

Chip wrote:Had a little Tokusen sencha left and blended it with Hatsumi for a very nice session. These 2 were really different from each other, but turned out they were complimentary!
Isn't it weird when that happens?

User avatar
May 16th, '08, 01:16
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

by Chip » May 16th, '08, 01:16

henley wrote:
Chip wrote:Had a little Tokusen sencha left and blended it with Hatsumi for a very nice session. These 2 were really different from each other, but turned out they were complimentary!
Isn't it weird when that happens?
Yes, very weird. Quite different, yet they get along so well. Who would have thought.....I never imagined...

Twig tea this evening...another odd combo. Sencha and Gyokuro "twigs"...again it worked really well together. :wink:

Locked