tuesday TEADAY 5/20/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Besides TEA, what other serious food interests do you have?

Wine
4%
Chocolate
13%
Gourmet cooking
7%
Baking
4%
Beer
15%
Spirits
2%
Fine Dining
5%
Sushi
5%
Ethnic cuisine
11%
Fruits or veggies
5%
Other
29%

Total votes: 55

May 20th, '08, 03:44
Scrolling: scrolling

tuesday TEADAY 5/20/08

by Chip » May 20th, '08, 03:44

Yesterday TeaChatters indicated they preferred domestic vendors by a 3 to 2 margin. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Welcome one and all to another TeaDay. Shall we brew...and then share what is in our cups today...all day? Dont' forget to check out what everyone else is sipping as well. You can also reflect back on your TeaDay if you need to!

Today's topic was suggested by someone...I think their PM got dropped out the back end one day when I received a lot of PMs (PM boxes are way too small). If you are out there, please let me know who you are.

So, today's TeaPoll and discussion topic takes us off the subject of vendors (for now anyway). A little frivolous posting about each other. It is a let's get to know each other day! So, besides Tea, what other food related serious interests or hobbies do you have. I am sure I missed many on the poll. So share now...

I am as always looking forward to seeing everyone on TeaDay! Bottoms up...refill...repeat many times!

May 20th, '08, 04:04

by Terrasi » May 20th, '08, 04:04

I don't know if it counts as a hobby, but I do love to cook.

I also like to eat the food that I cook.

I also like to drink liquid with my food.

When I drink, I drink tea.

Woah.

In my cup: Oolong #8. Is it just me or does it taste like wood?

Also, while I have your attention, can anyone recommend a non-vegetal tasting green tea? I like green tea, but not when it hits me with plant-ee-ness. If non-vegetal and green tea are words that don't like eachother, that's fine too, I'll drink oolong.

May 20th, '08, 04:04

by Salsero » May 20th, '08, 04:04

Tea in the garden anyone?

And what could be more down to earth than Tie Guan Yin from one of those darling, single-serving, vacuum-pack, shiny bags that seem so popular in Fujian these days, served in a basic transferware pot and cup.

May 20th, '08, 05:19

by Beidao » May 20th, '08, 05:19

Dark chocolate. And fish free sushi. And Indian/Asian/Middle East cooking. And sour dough, fresh bread from a local bakery. And of course cats and books and art all that stuff to.

In my cup this morning: Nilgiri FOP. Soon to be followed by some russian samovar tea.

Had an exam yesterday that went very well. So I'm going to celebrate, with tea of course! Lin Yun White Downy... Mao Cha... Dian Hong Jin Zhen... Kukchia... or all of them. Yeah! Why not?

Hit the tea cup!
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

May 20th, '08, 05:33

by Trey Winston » May 20th, '08, 05:33

I do have an interest in wines, particularly French reds. Yum etc.
Terrasi wrote:
Also, while I have your attention, can anyone recommend a non-vegetal tasting green tea? I like green tea, but not when it hits me with plant-ee-ness. If non-vegetal and green tea are words that don't like eachother, that's fine too, I'll drink oolong.
How about yellow tea? That's supposed to have lost most of the grassy flavor. And there's always the whites, of course...

... some of which I'm enjoying right now. Yep, no grassy vegetal taste there.

May 20th, '08, 06:09

by olivierco » May 20th, '08, 06:09

Chocolate, Gourmet cooking, Baking, Fine Dining, Fruits or veggies, Seafood, Cheese, Foie gras...

This morning Yunnan golden tips and now houjicha with my lunch.

May 20th, '08, 07:35

by Beanbean » May 20th, '08, 07:35

I am a pho fanatic. My husband and son both love it too. We travel all over the metro area looking for the perfect steaming bowl of broth and noodles and we are rarely disappointed. There are some excellent pho restaurants in Denver! I am also passionate about Thai food, especially the curries, but my husband isn't quite so enthusiastic. Fortunately, my ten year old son can't say no to a plate of pad thai (mild spice with tofu, thankyouverymuch) so I have a partner for my Thai food addiction as well.

Ceylon in my cup this morning...and it isn't even 6 am!

May 20th, '08, 07:36

by ThinkingOutLoud » May 20th, '08, 07:36

I had to vote "Other," because I really need an "All of the above" answer. I'm a gourmet cook and teach cooking classes, mainly in ethnic food. My kids' friends think they're *weird* because they eat hot curries, sushi, Thai food, etc. at ages 4 and 7. Don't get me wrong, they love a good Happy Meal as much as the next swine swilling tot, but they would eat sushi over it on any day (depending on the toy, of course). I love excellent microbrews and good red wine. Don't get me started on chocolate, esp. this week (sorry, guys). I could go on ....

Irish Breakfast on yet another rainy morning. Ugh.

May 20th, '08, 08:03

by omegapd » May 20th, '08, 08:03

I actually turned coffee and tea into something more than a hobby because I had to give up alcohol. Before then, any wine, beer, rum and whiskey was my hobby. :wink:

Now, tea is about all I have. I like going out for Chinese one day a week but that's as much an interest in food that I have...

EW

May 20th, '08, 08:14

by Selaphiel » May 20th, '08, 08:14

Besides tea I`m interested in whisky, Scottish single malt of course ;) I enjoy fine dining as well, but I`m a horrible cook so I leave that to the ones with the skill :p
I`m interested in taste and aroma in general to put it like that.

Today I`ll start my TeaDay with some Sencha Miyabi.

May 20th, '08, 09:00

by Carnelian » May 20th, '08, 09:00

I am an obsessive from scratch baker, so much so that I'm going to college for culinary arts next year. But I also dabble in practically every other choice (except the alcohol ones of course)

Currently making Ti Kuan Yin.

May 20th, '08, 09:15

by Victoria » May 20th, '08, 09:15

I don't really have any food interests that to come close to tea or that are enough to even mention.

This morning's cup is a black house blend from FLT.

Have a nice day everyone!

May 20th, '08, 09:18

by Salsero » May 20th, '08, 09:18

ThinkingOutLoud wrote:... I'm a gourmet cook and teach cooking classes, mainly in ethnic food. My kids' friends think they're *weird* ...
Wow, I never knew this stuff about you! Cool. It's amazing how kids love whatever they grow up eating. When she was in elementary school, my Venezuelan step-daughter always had first dibs on the eyeballs of the fish.
Last edited by Salsero on May 20th, '08, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

May 20th, '08, 09:19

by hop_goblin » May 20th, '08, 09:19

I find that a few in tea chat are also very interested in homebrewing beer!

May 20th, '08, 09:44

by henley » May 20th, '08, 09:44

Salsero wrote:Tea in the garden anyone?

Okay, I'll join you. Except mine is a glass of sweet tea made w/pom oolong. :wink:

I enjoy cooking & entertaining. So far, this glass is my only tea today.