Sunday TeaDay 6/01/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Jun 1st, '08, 21:56

by Space Samurai » Jun 1st, '08, 21:56

Drinking some medium roasted twig oolong from Teance. Smells great, nutty with a bit of honey--it smells like warm honey nut cheerios, actually. The taste is very smooth.

My problem with oolong is it rarely tastes as good as it smells. Its like push-up bras, enticing, but only builds you up for a let down.

Jun 1st, '08, 22:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 1st, '08, 22:13

Space Samurai wrote:Drinking some medium roasted twig oolong from Teance. Smells great, nutty with a bit of honey--it smells like warm honey nut cheerios, actually. The taste is very smooth.
I never heard of this company but I just checked it out. Thanks!

Looks like they are pretty conscientious and up front about their teas. Twig tea - the flavor would be milder right? Since most of the flavor is in the leaves.

Wow, they are overpriced on teaware. I love the cups at the top of the page.
I hate it when they showcase something that is not available for sale.

Jun 1st, '08, 22:23

Re: JIN FO

by augie » Jun 1st, '08, 22:23

Salsero wrote:(Augie: this is the 9 oz size. It's perfect and it's cheap. Don't be intimidated by Victoria's big ones. 15 oz is just weird. In Florida we call them teapots when they get that size!)
You, Salsero, are the devil! :twisted: I asked you kindly not to torment me with that glass Bodum cup in all it's simple elegance. Even if it is reasonably priced. Even worse, you posted it's reasonable price and the link for me to go get the bodum cup, knowing that I am 5 days from a paycheck and eating a lot of Kraft EasyMac and I don't care if my children and dog starve.

Now, I am going to go spend my last $20 bucks on another d@%$# teacup. And, no I am not intimidated by Victoria's whopper of a teacup. I do believe big things come in small packages.

As promised, I have no choice but to retaliate in response to this nastiness. Early tomorrow morning, I will post a photo so vile you (& your Charzard) may be blind for the rest of your Monday. You've left me no choice.

Jun 1st, '08, 22:35

by greenisgood » Jun 1st, '08, 22:35

rockin the rishi tung ting in the gaiwan

Jun 1st, '08, 22:36

by Salsero » Jun 1st, '08, 22:36

augie wrote: Early tomorrow morning, I will post a photo so vile you (& your Charzard) may be blind for the rest of your Monday. You've left me no choice.
*Salsero picks up gauntlet* Since it's come to this: dawn on the outskirts of Vermilion City then!

Charzard and Meowth will be my seconds. Charmeleon and Hitmonlee have offered to be yours. I leave the choice of weapons to you. Who's bringing tea?

Jun 1st, '08, 22:41

by tenuki » Jun 1st, '08, 22:41

Just finished 20+ infusions of some fine 15 yr old Xiaguan shu. Good shu is hard to find.

I got to try one of FLTs new spring harvest teas, a Dong Ding today, mmmmnnn good.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 1st, '08, 22:42

by tenuki » Jun 1st, '08, 22:42

Jane wrote:I had some of my daily Alishan oolong!

more details please. :)
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 1st, '08, 22:42

by Victoria » Jun 1st, '08, 22:42

Salsero wrote:
augie wrote: Early tomorrow morning, I will post a photo so vile you (& your Charzard) may be blind for the rest of your Monday. You've left me no choice.
*Salsero picks up gauntlet* Since it's come to this: dawn on the outskirts of Vermilion City then!

Charzard and Meowth will be my seconds. Charmeleon and Hitmonlee have offered to be yours. I leave the choice of weapons to you. Who's bringing tea?
Chip will bring the tea! Straight from the expo!

Jun 1st, '08, 23:12

by scruffmcgruff » Jun 1st, '08, 23:12

I had some okay da hong pao today. It was interesting comparing my notes from today and 9 months ago; I was far more impressed back then, heh.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jun 1st, '08, 23:25

Stay tuned tomorrow ...

by Victoria » Jun 1st, '08, 23:25

Please check in tomorrow and help welcome back
Team Adagio and Chip & Mary.

We look forward to hearing all the details!

Jun 2nd, '08, 00:00

by kymidwife » Jun 2nd, '08, 00:00

OK, so I started off my day with one of the adagio custom blends, the #1 iced tea delight (thanks Jeff, nice job). This evening, I logged on and saw that today is Oolong day, so I started that celebration with some jasmine #9... (saving the 12 for later).

Ohhhh and I made a nice discovery today... my nephew bought me a glass teapot for Christmas that has never been out of the box. I'd sort of procrastinated about using it because I always use the ingenuitea-type infuser I got from Teavana.... and this teapot he bought me was one of those flowering tea sets, and I just hadn't been into trying the flower thing yet.

So, the flower sets are still unopened, but I used the 5-cup clear glass teapot with the glass inset infuser to make my Jasmine #9. It was just lovely to see the color of the tea developing in the clear pot. I drank those 5 cups hot, and did a 2nd infusion... drank half of it hot, and used the rest to make iced tea... and a 3rd infusion is brewing now... still getting a lovely color and aroma, so I think the 3rd will still be nice.

But... just because it's Oolong day, I wanted to try something new in the oolong family. I have #40 and Pouchong and Ti Kuan Yin all waiting for me... so I picked the Pouchong and it's infusing in my teaball now. Will let you know how it goes!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 2nd, '08, 00:20

by Terrasi » Jun 2nd, '08, 00:20

Salsero wrote:

I enjoy the frequency of pokemon references on this forum.

Some of my green teas taste a bit oddish. (get it? grassy? hahaha, I'm lame.)

Jun 2nd, '08, 00:35

Pouchong initiation

by kymidwife » Jun 2nd, '08, 00:35

OK, so I'm fairly new to oolong, and this was my first pouchong-tasting.

I was really surprised at the light color and minimal fragrance from the first infusion... I think I was expecting something stronger. When I first began sipping, my immediate impression was that it was alittle too light and subtle for me, without much flavor. But, the longer I sipped, the more I could taste it. And it was nice... not my favorite, but nice. It finished more astringent than it started.

I did a 2nd infusion, and again it is a very mild, subtle taste, but I got a more floral aroma this 2nd time. Again, the further into the cup I go, the more astringency and "kick" of flavor I am experiencing.

Very different for me... interesting, enjoyable, smooth and not bitter, ok without sweetener (and I usually sweeten everything). I'm going to infuse one more time and add in some fresh spearmint as I've heard a few recommendations on this combo. In general, I don't see myself craving this one, but I did enjoy it and it won't go to waste.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 2nd, '08, 00:35

by Salsero » Jun 2nd, '08, 00:35

Terrasi wrote:I enjoy the frequency of pokemon references on this forum.
Some of my green teas taste a bit oddish.
:roll:
kymidwife wrote: I used the 5-cup clear glass teapot with the glass inset infuser to make my Jasmine #9. It was just lovely to see the color of the tea developing in the clear pot.
Glass and tea just belong together, don't they!