Tuesday's teaDay 6/10/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The one tea that if it was the last one on the planet, you would NOT brew, let alone drink?

A black
9%
An oolong
2%
A green
2%
A white or yellow
No votes
A pu-erh
9%
A lapsang
13%
A Rooibos
15%
A particular herbal
24%
Yerbe mate
7%
Other
20%

Total votes: 46

Jun 11th, '08, 19:17

by tenuki » Jun 11th, '08, 19:17

Chip wrote: HA, tenuki...number 100 with authority!!! How long were you waiting to do that?
It wasn't planned. I just lead a highly charmed life. :)
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 11th, '08, 19:26

by Pentox » Jun 11th, '08, 19:26

Chip wrote:
Pentox wrote:
Chip wrote:
Photiou wrote:
Salsero wrote:
Chip wrote:Sliced and diced...hopefully no SALmonella since I plan to serve it up sashimi, served up cold, with fukamushi!
This would be the worst demise for me since I don't even like sushi.
Maybe if you ask nicely he can make tempura instead :wink:
No problem Sal, sashimi is not sushi. Sashimi is raw fish preparation. Sushi is generally with rice and rolled with nori.

See, I am easy to get along with... :lol:
Actually sushi is not normally rolled with nori. True sushi typically is just nigiri, which is the style with the rice and a piece of fish on top. There are a few traditional kinds which do use nori, tekka maki, kappa maki, futomaki being a few of the rolled variety. There are also those which are of the nigiri style, which have a band over them, typically unagi, anago, and the like. Then there are the other ones where the nori is used to make a bowl of the nigiri, tobikko, masago, ikura, uni, etc.

Most of the rolled forms of sushi are actually american inventions derived off of some guy who initially created a california roll.
Now here is a guy who knows sushi...

*bows to the master*
*sigh* yeah. worked as a chef for about 3 years. I could practically write a book on California rolls

Jun 11th, '08, 20:10

by tenuki » Jun 11th, '08, 20:10

Salsero wrote: BTW, Ten, great photo at the piano. I mean the one you are about to post tomorrow. I will really enjoy then. Which Bach piece is it? Oh, that's right, you can't know because it hasn't happened yet.
I was slogging through the 'Little Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach' practicing my sight reading and looking for another piece to learn.

btw, if you play piano or are starting again or just starting I would highly recommend the 'Chang Book'. I was suffering through sight reading until I read that, and the lessons learned about _how_ to practice actually apply to everything in life. It's increased my speed of learning a new piece by probably 4 or 5 times at least. Amazing stuff, and... FREE.

Jun 12th, '08, 02:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 12th, '08, 02:08

tenuki wrote:
Salsero wrote: BTW, Ten, great photo at the piano. I mean the one you are about to post tomorrow. I will really enjoy then. Which Bach piece is it? Oh, that's right, you can't know because it hasn't happened yet.
I was slogging through the 'Little Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach' practicing my sight reading and looking for another piece to learn.

btw, if you play piano or are starting again or just starting I would highly recommend the 'Chang Book'. I was suffering through sight reading until I read that, and the lessons learned about _how_ to practice actually apply to everything in life. It's increased my speed of learning a new piece by probably 4 or 5 times at least. Amazing stuff, and... FREE.
Thank you tenuki for an inspirational conclusion to a record setting TeaDay. 108 posts. :D
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!