Thursday is TeaDay, 6/12/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Which came first, the Tea Brewing Vessel or Tea?

Clearly the tea brewing vessel
8%
Are you kidding, tea of course
65%
It was a tie
24%
Other
2%

Total votes: 49

Jun 12th, '08, 20:23
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 12th, '08, 20:23

auggy wrote: LOVEly photo - you really do some awesome pics (but the ones of your tea-eating puppy is my favorite!)
Thank you so much! I was on my way outside to collect a branch of these for the iced tea photo:

But on my way I encountered this:

which made me reluctant to bring anymore greens in the house for a bit. :lol: *bawk bawk* :shock:

(addendum: wow, my photobucket images a lot more aliasing than the flickr ones. Anyone who uses photobucket know if I can do something about that?)

Jun 12th, '08, 20:34

by witches brew » Jun 12th, '08, 20:34

Today had a surprising amount of tea in it, but most of it was undrinkable.

I started the morning with a perfect, comforting cup of genmaicha. The afternoon, spent at a vendor's offices, included the obligatory cup of bad green tea (I refuse to call it sencha. It's some powdered capsule thing that gets brewed in a machine. Ick.)

At home, an iced Kagoshima #24 was a mistake. I don't like it cold brewed. It was completely lacking in character. It tasted like spinach water. I think I am just out of sorts today, and want something comforting to drink...

I have a pitcher of tisane steeping now. Rosehips, lemongrass, and hibiscus. Mmmm, talk about comfort.

As for today's poll, it seems like a tie to me. You can't have a brewing vessel without something to brew in it, and conversely, you can't brew something without a vessel to brew it in. Long live the partnership of tea and teaware!
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jun 12th, '08, 20:43

by LavenderPekoe » Jun 12th, '08, 20:43

henley wrote:
fodder0 wrote:Been on vacation, took TOO much teaware and tea, but I would have gone crazy without it.
I understand completely. I had a small bag packed w/just tea & teaware. Didn't drink all the tea I took but enjoyed having it w/me.
Heh, people expect it from me, even if we are flying I have at least 8-16 teas with me. :)

Ok, I am editing since I just caught up.

Auggy, I am sorry about your laptop. My mom and hubby both have Dell's and they have been fine. My Mom's DVD drive broke and they sent her a new one without so much as a question.

BTW, I love my MacBook, but I don't/won't tell anyone what to get. It's too personal.

As far as tea today, hmm, I had a 2nd brew of Oolong #8, some Vanilla oolong, and 2 steeps of Darjeeling #22, I think. Then there were two keylime martinis at dinner. Very fruffy, mostly cream.

Now I am really full. I have eaten way too much the last few days. I may make some blood orange for the evening, though.
Last edited by LavenderPekoe on Jun 12th, '08, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 12th, '08, 20:50

by tenuki » Jun 12th, '08, 20:50

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote: Well, apparently I don't have a laptop. It's not even turning on now.

I give up.
Are you freaking serious? That's ridiculous I tell you! RIDICULOUS! The only thing worse than that is my laptop, aka stupid pile of crap macbook. Yeah if you're thinking of going mac. Think again. Just yell at dell to send you a new one :P
My 2 mac laptops are the best laptops I've ever owned ( a lot ). so if you are thinking of not going mac, think again.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 12th, '08, 21:26

by Salsero » Jun 12th, '08, 21:26

auggy wrote:Tea, while it can't cure all ills, can at the very least make you forget them for a bit
Words of wisdom from a woman at the end of her rope.

Jun 12th, '08, 21:35

by Salsero » Jun 12th, '08, 21:35

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: (addendum: wow, my photobucket images a lot more aliasing than the flickr ones. Anyone who uses photobucket know if I can do something about that?)
Could this be a function of the size of file you are uploading? All these online photos are such small, low res files that I would be hesitant to print from them.

I like your photo of Death in the Afternoon. Do you think the White Widow killed the rose as well as the bee? Not too far off from the William Blake poem

• O ROSE, thou art sick!
    The invisible worm,
    That flies in the night,
    In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed Of crimson joy;
    And his dark secret love Does thy life destroy.
Sweet thought, no?

What are the cute, upsidedown ice tea flowers?

Jun 12th, '08, 21:40

by LavenderPekoe » Jun 12th, '08, 21:40

Oh! I forgot to post my answer to the poll. I voted tie. They came into being at the same time, when leaves met water in a vessel.
Teas for trade:

Jun 12th, '08, 21:42

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 12th, '08, 21:42

TimeforTea wrote:
Cinnamon Kitty wrote:The tea this morning is Casablanca Twist.
Hot or iced?
It was hot with a dab of honey. I needed the strong peppermint flavor to clear out my sinuses that are all stuffed up from sorting through all the old, dusty files at work.

From there, I went to two steeps of White Tip Oolong to get me through the afternoon. I get out of work at 5pm and we had a 6pm appointment to get the dog groomed so I convinced my mother to make me a cup of Vanilla Rooibos while I was on my way home to pick her and the dog up. She actually was able to work my Zoji without breaking it. I was impressed! Eventually, I will get her to time the steeping, but for now, we are starting with the Rooibos since it is difficult to brew incorrectly as long as the water is boiling and works well when a steeping time is ignored. Now, I am enjoying a mug of Foxtrot.

Jun 12th, '08, 21:47

by Geekgirl » Jun 12th, '08, 21:47

The upside down flowers are from a Snowdrop tree. (Halesia var.) Love the poem. I was thinking of wabi sabi when I went to shoot the rose, beauty in imperfection... found the rapacious spider sucking on a bee belly. She dropped the bee and moved back when she saw me.

Adventures, adventures...

Jun 12th, '08, 21:56

by kymidwife » Jun 12th, '08, 21:56

Geekgirl... sorry if I jinxed you out of enjoying the Keemun iced. It just didn't turn my crank at ALL and I really enjoy it hot.

Your next choice... mmmm... jasmine pearls... good decision!

I had some iced Citron Green this afternoon that was really nice. And I am starting to feel inadequate and inferior by my lack of teaware.... <sigh>

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 12th, '08, 22:09

by Geekgirl » Jun 12th, '08, 22:09

kymidwife wrote:Geekgirl... sorry if I jinxed you out of enjoying the Keemun iced. It just didn't turn my crank at ALL and I really enjoy it hot.
Ha! You didn't jinx it for me. I didn't enjoy it too much hot, so I thought I'd kill the last of the sample by having it iced. For one glass I thought I could do it. After starting the second glass I realized it just wasn't going to happen. I suppose I have an answer now for yesterday's "last tea on earth" poll... :lol:

Jun 12th, '08, 22:52

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 22:52

Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote:Tea, while it can't cure all ills, can at the very least make you forget them for a bit
There's a rope? Why didn't someone tell me there's a rope????

Jun 12th, '08, 23:25

by henley » Jun 12th, '08, 23:25

auggy wrote:
Salsero wrote:
There's a rope? Why didn't someone tell me there's a rope????
And it's used for choking the Del guy! :twisted: Hope tmrw's a better day for you. :D

Not much tea today. Been quite busy around here. Managed to get in some Ginger Orange Peach White tea w/dinner. This wasn't my favorite hot but it was better as iced tea. It's still a little too 'peachy' for me but my dtr thinks it's great so at least it won't go to waste. There's some White Blueberry chilling in the fridge now. We'll see how that does...

Jun 12th, '08, 23:47

by Victoria » Jun 12th, '08, 23:47

Henley, I think we'd all like to get a better look at your avatar pic.

Got too busy this afternoon for tea and now I'm jonesing. I need to just get to bed early and not think about it.

But it's hard with my new first Tokoname sitting here.
And please do take notice of the word FIRST.

Jun 13th, '08, 00:01

by Geekgirl » Jun 13th, '08, 00:01

Victoria wrote:
But it's hard with my new first Tokoname sitting here.
Pictures? pretty please? LOVE tokoname!