Thursday is TeaDay, 6/12/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Which came first, the Tea Brewing Vessel or Tea?

Clearly the tea brewing vessel
8%
Are you kidding, tea of course
65%
It was a tie
24%
Other
2%

Total votes: 49

Jun 12th, '08, 14:55

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 14:55

auggy wrote: I'm pretty sure I mentioned the waaaaay too attached to my laptop thing, right? :lol:
Nope, don't think you've mentioned it at all. You have a laptop?

Jun 12th, '08, 15:03

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 15:03

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote: I'm pretty sure I mentioned the waaaaay too attached to my laptop thing, right? :lol:
Nope, don't think you've mentioned it at all. You have a laptop?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jun 12th, '08, 15:05

by olivierco » Jun 12th, '08, 15:05

Darjeeling Risheehat SFTGFOP1 to end my teaday.

Jun 12th, '08, 16:30

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 16:30

olivierco wrote:Darjeeling Risheehat SFTGFOP1 to end my teaday.
You seem to go through quite a few different Darjeelings Oliver, what's your favorite estate out of curiosity?

Jun 12th, '08, 16:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 12th, '08, 16:54

Pentox wrote:
olivierco wrote:Darjeeling Risheehat SFTGFOP1 to end my teaday.
You seem to go through quite a few different Darjeelings Oliver, what's your favorite estate out of curiosity?
Same as yours I am sure... :wink:

Auggy has a lap top...I didn't even realize she had a computer? :lol:

Moved on to Hashiri. This one is an enigmatic woman...and quite fickle. Definitely not a cheap date either.

I treat her kindly each time I see her, but each time I see her, I wonder, how will she be this time, sweet, bittersweet, or just immaturely bitter.

Because she is such a premadonna, everyone wants her, yet fears her potential wrath. It is mostly a show because she is not as lovely on the inside as on the outside.

Still, I call her number...can't help it.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 12th, '08, 17:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 12th, '08, 17:06

kymidwife wrote: Ohhhh... and I missed posting yesterday due to work, but in my cup yesterday morning was Keemun Concerto, mmmm, I love it hot in the mornings. BUT... when I got home last night, I foolishly put the rest over ice to have with dinner. Lets just say, SOME things are not meant to be iced, and this is one of them. The smoky notes were just not pleasant at all in the iced form. Blehhhhh.
Keemun for me today too. But I'm just the opposite, I don't care for it hot, the smoky (meaty?) flavor just doesn't float my boat hot, but I can drink it cold with sweetener. Well, "I can drink it" means I am polishing off the sampler so I can use the tin for something else. :lol:

Looks pretty though:

Jun 12th, '08, 17:06

by auggy » Jun 12th, '08, 17:06

Chip wrote:Auggy has a lap top...I didn't even realize she had a computer? :lol:
Okay, okay, I'll be good and stop gushing about the wonderful-ness that is my lovely little working laptop!

Jun 12th, '08, 17:21

by fodder0 » Jun 12th, '08, 17:21

Been on vacation, took TOO much teaware and tea, but I would have gone crazy without it. Bought some kind of indian white tea today, should have read the label but was excited since they sold loose tea. I love the taste, seems very sweet, and smells great, but I still prefer Green Anji from Adagio, my stock is running low on that one better order some more. :)

Jun 12th, '08, 17:21

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 17:21

Chip wrote: Auggy has a lap top...I didn't even realize she had a computer? :lol:
What? you're not posting telepathically like the rest of us?

Jun 12th, '08, 17:25

by TimeforTea » Jun 12th, '08, 17:25

auggy wrote:BTW, I know everyone is dying to know, my computer is on the wifi and we are having a lovely bonding moment as it downloads days of emails and I pet it. :lol:
Hey, whatever works! My grandma used to say that the reason her house plants all thrived so incredibly well, was because she talked to them! :lol:

Jun 12th, '08, 17:27

by henley » Jun 12th, '08, 17:27

fodder0 wrote:Been on vacation, took TOO much teaware and tea, but I would have gone crazy without it.
I understand completely. I had a small bag packed w/just tea & teaware. Didn't drink all the tea I took but enjoyed having it w/me.

Jun 12th, '08, 17:42

by RussianSoul » Jun 12th, '08, 17:42

TimeforTea wrote:Hey, whatever works! My grandma used to say that the reason her house plants all thrived so incredibly well, was because she talked to them! :lol:
Actually your grandma was right about it. I have grown bonsai trees for years and took classes with a bonsai master. He continuously encouraged us to talk to our trees. After some time we got over our western self-importance and more into Zen space he was talking about, and started talking to the plants. I can attest it works.

At least two beneficial things are happening: while talking you are exhale CO2 and plants like that, also you spend time with your plant and can't help but notice what's is happening with it, what it needs, your awareness increases. A plant is a alive and certainly responds to care and time given to it.

Disclaimer: If I sound crazy, it's because I am.

Jun 12th, '08, 17:44

by Pentox » Jun 12th, '08, 17:44

RussianSoul wrote:
TimeforTea wrote:Hey, whatever works! My grandma used to say that the reason her house plants all thrived so incredibly well, was because she talked to them! :lol:
Actually your grandma was right about it. I have grown bonsai trees for years and took classes with a bonsai master. He continuously encouraged us to talk to our trees. After some time we got over our western self-importance and more into Zen space he was talking about, and started talking to the plants. I can attest it works.

At least two beneficial things are happening: while talking you are exhale CO2 and plants like that, also you spend time with your plant and can't help but notice what's is happening with it, what it needs, your awareness increases. A plant is a alive and certainly responds to care and time given to it.

Hm so I guess that kills my short lived dream of giving a lecture to a forest.

Jun 12th, '08, 17:53

by RussianSoul » Jun 12th, '08, 17:53

Pentox wrote:
RussianSoul wrote:

Hm so I guess that kills my short lived dream of giving a lecture to a forest.
No, it doesn't. But because of the scale difference you will benefit more from it than the trees. :D

Jun 12th, '08, 18:09

by Katrina » Jun 12th, '08, 18:09

OK, OK. I'm FINALLY getting around to it. A peony for Sal. I chose the cup because Tenuki liked it when I put it on the Teaware post awhile back. And for Russian Soul, I chose the completely cliche Pai Mu Tan to go with the peony. Is everyone happy now?

I must apologize that it is slightly blurry, but all the other shots accentuated that one of the candles was absurdly crooked. (My camera had a fall at the beach and the viewer no longer works - It's now a mystery until I download the photos...New camera SOON!)

RE: the poll. I guess I thought it was asking for each of US which came first - not the philosophical - I guess I vote "tea" in either case.