FRIDAY>>>WOOHOOO TeaDay 6/20/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Have you got them, teapots you have never used?

Yes, I have a pot I never used
31%
Yes, I have several pots I have never used
10%
I confess, I have many pots I have never used
4%
NO, I have used every pot I own
55%

Total votes: 51

Jun 20th, '08, 13:07

by Katrina » Jun 20th, '08, 13:07

xine wrote:i have one pale yellow Beehouse teapot I haven't used.
Xine - You are welcome to send that pot my way if it needs a new home. :D

I have three unused pots. One is a very old silver pot and I just can't imagine it would be healthy to use! One is an antique that was handed down from my grandmother. I love the color but it has a crack so it can't be used. The other is one we bought on our honeymoon and that one I'm just afraid to use! The antique and the murano glass set also have cups and various other pieces. (The antique has a mix of pieces from Czechoslovakia and replacement pieces that were similar but made in Japan.)

ImageImage

Jun 20th, '08, 13:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Jun 20th, '08, 13:11

I have one pot I never used. It was a terribly disappointing Yixing, with a 25+ second pour.

No tea today. Maybe later... but to be honest I'm still hung over from last night's tea extravaganza. More details (and pics!) later. :)
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jun 20th, '08, 13:16

by Victoria » Jun 20th, '08, 13:16

Katrina wrote:
xine wrote:i have one pale yellow Beehouse teapot I haven't used.
Xine - You are welcome to send that pot my way if it needs a new home. :D

I have three unused pots. One is a very old silver pot and I just can't imagine it would be healthy to use! One is an antique that was handed down from my grandmother. I love the color but it has a crack so it can't be used. The other is one we bought on our honeymoon and that one I'm just afraid to use! The antique and the murano glass set also have cups and various other pieces. (The antique has a mix of pieces from Czechoslovakia and replacement pieces that were similar but made in Japan.)

ImageImage
Wow, beautiful! Is that a violet blue color? Look opalescent too.
Wow!

Jun 20th, '08, 13:20

by Pentox » Jun 20th, '08, 13:20

scruffmcgruff wrote:I have one pot I never used. It was a terribly disappointing Yixing, with a 25+ second pour.

No tea today. Maybe later... but to be honest I'm still hung over from last night's tea extravaganza. More details (and pics!) later. :)
Damn, I knew I should have checked that calendar from time to time.

Jun 20th, '08, 13:24

by Katrina » Jun 20th, '08, 13:24

Katrina wrote:Image
Victoria wrote: Is that a violet blue color? Look opalescent too. Wow!
Exactly - It is opalescent so the color appears slightly different in different lights. Sometimes a bit bluer, but usually more on the violet spectrum. (And I'm REALLY glad you came up with the word "opalescent" because I kept thinking iridescent, but knew it wasn't the word I wanted!)

Jun 20th, '08, 13:27

by Victoria » Jun 20th, '08, 13:27

I am :mrgreen:

That color is my strongest weakness.

Jun 20th, '08, 13:29

by RussianSoul » Jun 20th, '08, 13:29

Katrina, your pieces belong to museum. Breathtaking! You are lucky to have them.

I don't have any pots I didn't use, but some of these wares are unlikely to be used again real soon. I have a giant 40 oz Japanese pot with a bow handle, I can't imagine what to do with it. When I have company for tea, it is usually one person and we use several small pots and go over many teas. It is an old pot and pretty too, so I keep it.

Drinking Long Jing that I started yesterday and couldn't finish. Yummy!

Jun 20th, '08, 13:30

by henley » Jun 20th, '08, 13:30

Victoria wrote:I am :mrgreen:

That color is my strongest weakness.
Somehow I knew that! :wink:

Jun 20th, '08, 13:32

by henley » Jun 20th, '08, 13:32

Katrina wrote: Image
Beautiful set!!! When can we all come over for tea?

Jun 20th, '08, 13:33

by Ladytiger » Jun 20th, '08, 13:33

henley wrote:
Ladytiger wrote: I'm working my way through the tea box. I have one that I want to try again because it was too weak, Holiday tea.
The holiday tea was from me. I never could quite get that one, either. Always seemed like something was missing. I liked it better if I added some vanilla or cinnamon tea to it. Also, try steeping it 4 or 5 min rather than 3 & see if that helps.
I steeped it for 5 minutes with no luck but Czar Nicolas II was the flavor that I was looking for in the holiday tea. Very yummy but probably better as a dessert tea then a breakfast tea.

Jun 20th, '08, 13:35

by Selaphiel » Jun 20th, '08, 13:35

Using all my teapots.

Had a cup of Darjeeling Phuguri DJ14 AV2 earlier today. Having a cup of Jun Chiyabari Himalayan Jade J44 oolong now.

Was reading about the preparation of Moroccan mint tea earlier today. Anyone have any experience with that and/or any idea where I can find a good long spouted teapot for that purpose?

Jun 20th, '08, 14:06

by Salsero » Jun 20th, '08, 14:06

chamekke wrote:What a terrific composition!
Yes, I also felt that today's photo has a high degree of realism.
Actually, I almost didn't post it out of embarrassment ... fortunately, I have no shame.
auggy wrote:... the two chickens are acting lovey and friendly and the two guys watching them are wondering what the heck they is going on.
OK, you've proven yesterday's statement that you are optimistic... wildly, unrealistically, and uncontrollably so.
Katrina wrote:I have three unused pots.
Beautiful pieces very nicely photographed! Thanks for sharing.

Jun 20th, '08, 14:08

by LavenderPekoe » Jun 20th, '08, 14:08

RussianSoul wrote:I have a giant 40 oz Japanese pot with a bow handle, I can't imagine what to do with it. When I have company for tea, it is usually one person and we use several small pots and go over many teas. It is an old pot and pretty too, so I keep it.
No one says you have to fill a pot all the way up! And, pots that size are great for large batches of summer iced tea! :)
Teas for trade:

Jun 20th, '08, 14:19

by Geekgirl » Jun 20th, '08, 14:19

I have a pot that I've never used for tea. It's ugly and was a gift of the grab-bag variety. It's currently in the "go to Goodwill" box. I have another porcelain teapot that I've only used once. It has a tiny chip on the inside rim and it makes me feel bad when I see it, so it is in the display hutch.

Also I have two teacups/saucers from my great-great-grandmother (I think) that are painted, almost certainly leaded, and oh so delicate.

This morning: TKY "goddess of mercy" from ToT. This is not my favorite oolong, it has an interesting backnote that I can't identify, it's almost yeasty. Otherwise, I like it fine. It tastes better crossbrewed in tetsubin, don't know why since the interior is glazed anyways.

Salsero, love the cock-fight scene. Auggy, it must be great living in that alternate reality of yours, eh? :lol: Chicken love indeed!
Last edited by Geekgirl on Jun 20th, '08, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 20th, '08, 14:25

by Salsero » Jun 20th, '08, 14:25

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Image
How do you keep doing this? I have a couple chickens ripping each other's heads off, and you post this subtle study in shape and texture. Are you stalking me?