FRIDAY>>>WOOHOOO TeaDay 6/20/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Have you got them, teapots you have never used?

Yes, I have a pot I never used
31%
Yes, I have several pots I have never used
10%
I confess, I have many pots I have never used
4%
NO, I have used every pot I own
55%

Total votes: 51

Jun 20th, '08, 14:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 20th, '08, 14:27

Salsero wrote:How do you keep doing this? [/color] I have a couple chickens ripping each other's heads off, and you post this subtle study in shape and texture. Are you stalking me?
Ha! Not doing anything, I LOVED your photo today! For me, it has to stay fairly simple or I will spend ALL DAY trying to get the shot right with the different depths and lightings. *beats head on wall* :lol:

But I'll stalk you if you want me to... :wink:

Jun 20th, '08, 14:37

by auggy » Jun 20th, '08, 14:37

Salsero wrote:OK, you've proven yesterday's statement that you are optimistic... wildly, unrealistically, and uncontrollably so.
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Salsero, love the cock-fight scene. Auggy, it must be great living in that alternate reality of yours, eh? :lol: Chicken love indeed!
Hey, I live in a happy place, what can I say.

Jun 20th, '08, 14:48

by Salsero » Jun 20th, '08, 14:48

auggy wrote:Image
So cute and so you (after the 2nd Dell guy)

Jun 20th, '08, 14:52

by bronzebed » Jun 20th, '08, 14:52

nothing has gone unused. sometime soon i'd like to purchase a glass tea pot and cup set.

this morning i had some genmaicha tea, later this afternoon i'm probably going to drink some bourbon street vanilla rooibos. yums.

Jun 20th, '08, 15:23

by olivierco » Jun 20th, '08, 15:23

Kirameki shincha
Darjeeling Risheehat SFTGFOP1
and now hot chocolate

Jun 20th, '08, 15:46

by auggy » Jun 20th, '08, 15:46

Salsero wrote:
So cute and so you (after the 2nd Dell guy)
Aw, yay! I actually called the service number on the card Dell-man #2 left to let the company know how competent and wonderful he was. :D

Jun 20th, '08, 15:46

by Pentox » Jun 20th, '08, 15:46

auggy wrote: Image
Yup, that's auggy for ya.

Jun 20th, '08, 16:01

by scruffmcgruff » Jun 20th, '08, 16:01

scruffmcgruff wrote:...I'm still hung over from last night's tea extravaganza. More details (and pics!) later. :)
http://www.teanerd.com/2008/06/puerh-in-berkeley.html

Sorry for the self-promotion, but I really don't feel like re-formatting all the image and url tags. :oops:

Also of note, David Lee Hoffman from the documentary "...All in this tea" was there, though I didn't introduce myself. Fun fun!
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jun 20th, '08, 16:07

by auggy » Jun 20th, '08, 16:07

Pentox wrote:
I'm taking that as a compliment! :D

Jun 20th, '08, 16:10

by Salsero » Jun 20th, '08, 16:10

auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
I'm taking that as a compliment! :D
Catch as catch can.

I don't even know what that expression means. I just like watching all these little girls running back and forth on my screen.

Jun 20th, '08, 16:23

by Chip » Jun 20th, '08, 16:23

A late TeaDay start for me...began with Adagio Keemun Concerto. I have always been attracted to Keemuns (not Yunnans as mentioned yesterday) Keemun almost always works for me.

Houryoko Fukamushi, a lttle more astringent this time around. Just a few extra seconds can do that with this shincha. Still, very flavorful.

Teapots...ok...I have a lot as I mentioned a month or so ago.

I just got some small Korean pots at the Expo, and a few kyusu.

I also have several other types, like testsubin, Jaeger (original, not the new Asian line). Some are too big, but still are sooo cool. I hope to use them all eventially one day. One English piece of note is a limited edition Wedgewood that I will likely never use.

I used to buy and sell Yixing, it started to go in a direction I wasn't thrilled about...direct importing of huge quantities in order to gain a market advantage for a specialty niche market...some really big players were hitting the scene at the time.

I decided not to at the time and had a lot of the more decorative yixing which is what people seemed to want at the time (1999). So, although they are all usable, I have MANY unused pots...and they are all special ones I kept.

Interestingly (to me), this was the time I found out how many Yixing knock offs there were. Really dangerous market. One guy named Boris who was a man who could "get stuff" offered to get units at pennies on the dollar. This contributed to my decision at the time. I had just ventured into the world of tea and clearly did not have enough knowledge to navigate the international market for "yixing."
Last edited by Chip on Jun 24th, '09, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 20th, '08, 17:15

by Katrina » Jun 20th, '08, 17:15

henley wrote:
Katrina wrote: Image
Beautiful set!!! When can we all come over for tea?
Any time! Just pop on over and ignore the barking dog and the silly kids. :)

I'll make hummus.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jun 20th, '08, 17:28

by CynTEAa » Jun 20th, '08, 17:28

Too cute, Auggy. :) I really thought Salsero had started working with Sculpey and was wondering why chickens were in the 'pool.' Didn't get it at all until scanning through the other posts :oops: ...silly.

To the main poll: there are several teapots not used. Mostly because they are more pretty or decorative than functional.

Yunnan Gold this morning and then Nepal FF late afternoon. Not enough tea today or yesterday. What a hectic week! Happy Friday everyone!

Jun 20th, '08, 22:20

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 20th, '08, 22:20

I'll chime in a bit late today. I have one teapot not in use at the moment. It will be in use eventually. It is the Yixing pot that I purchased while on vacation, but I haven't figured out which tea to christen it with. I'd like to use it for darker oolongs and I do plan on getting some soon, possibly from TeaCuppa, but I have to wait until I get paid to make that order. Once I have a nice selection of darker oolongs, the pot will get cleaned, seasoned, and then will be used.

My morning did not start out well tea-wise. I had made a bottle of iced Apricot Honeybush last night to have for work today. My mother assumed that bottle still contained tea made last week, so it got dumped out before I could tell her otherwise. Of course, the old iced tea was completely left alone in the fridge until I mentioned it to her. I made up for that mistake by making a travel mug of Apricot Honeybush along with my other mug and thermos of Oolong #8.

Jun 21st, '08, 14:26

by Riene » Jun 21st, '08, 14:26

I've used all of my pots. Some of them are little one-person pots that I rotate for myself, and the others are 4-6 cup pots. My husband likes hot tea in the mornings as well, so we usually make a large pot even in summertime.

For a while, people gave me teapots as gifts, or those little combination cup/pot units. They're cute, but the don't hold enough!