Friday is dedicated to TeaDay, 6/27/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Rate your current teas, in general!

5, my current teas are top notch, off the hook!!!
18%
4, my current teas are very good
61%
3, my current teas are good
18%
2, ok, I am struggling a bit
4%
1, I need HELP!
No votes

Total votes: 56

Jun 27th, '08, 02:43
Scrolling: scrolling

Friday is dedicated to TeaDay, 6/27/08

by Chip » Jun 27th, '08, 02:43

Yesterday's poll indicated most TeaChatters would pick a superlative session vs. a big bag of tea for 5 dollars. You can still vote and discuss this topic.

Welcome everyone to another Friday edition of TeaDay. Shall we brew and share what is in our cups today, all day.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic...rate your current teas...in general. Forget about the worst ONE that is bugging you right now. But in general, how are your teas these days? Please explain.

As always, I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone! Bottoms up, refill, repeat many times.

Jun 27th, '08, 02:52

by tenuki » Jun 27th, '08, 02:52

fp.

I'm pretty much dialed in right now. I got a bunch of crappy puerh samples to get rid of and then i'll be done with my purge and only have teas I truely love on hand. Since they are already boxed up I'm choosing 4.
Last edited by tenuki on Jun 27th, '08, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 27th, '08, 03:05

by chamekke » Jun 27th, '08, 03:05

I'm pretty happy with my teas... so I voted "4".

Currently drinking Adagio Birthday Tea: a drop of comfort tea to enjoy before going to bed. (It's 12:04 AM my time - but it's Friday!)

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 27th, '08, 03:09

by Terrasi » Jun 27th, '08, 03:09

Overall, I think my teas are good, but not great. I am not 100 percent content with my collection as it stands. I feel like there are still many many teas I would love, but haven't tried yet. Not that I don't have teas I consider very good, I just feel like I've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Spring darjeeling today.

Jun 27th, '08, 04:13

Hot town, summer in the city, back of my neck getting’ dirt

by Salsero » Jun 27th, '08, 04:13

My pictures are sick and my tea is off the hook.

I know these garish colors are not Brandon’s favorites (sorry, BH), but for me they express the hot and cool of ice brewed sencha on a sweltering summer day …

*I know I am leaving out someone else who has recently posted gorgeous images of ice and teaware, but I can’t remember who. Please chime in if it is you!

Jun 27th, '08, 04:51

by Trey Winston » Jun 27th, '08, 04:51

I voted 4, but it's somewhere between 4 and 5. My whites are excellent, but like any aficionado, I keep hoping that there are even better teas that I just haven't discovered yet.

Jun 27th, '08, 05:04

by bi lew chun » Jun 27th, '08, 05:04

I have some pretty good ones right now, but they're not all so hot. If only there was such a thing as tea casserole.

Jun 27th, '08, 08:25

by britt » Jun 27th, '08, 08:25

I am happy to say that I consider my current tea stock to be as good as it's ever been, a solid 5.

Japanese - Five types of shincha, an awesome gyokuro, and some great matcha, all from O-Cha.

Chinese - Wuyi Rou Gai, several types of Dan Cong, and Silver Needles all from Hou De.

Taiwanese - a couple of High Mountains including Da Yu Ling, regular and aged oolongs (Zheng Cong, 1994 Zheng Cong, 2007 Budda's Hand), as well as a green tea (Hao Xian Bi Lu), all from Hou De.

All of my current tea stock comes from just two vendors, O-Cha.com and Hou De Asian. This certainly takes the unknown and the luck factor out of the tea purchasing equation. I also think I'm now brewing each of these teas in a suitable brewing vessel, which helps get the best out of each and should result in a fairer assessment.

Right now I'm drinking Silver Needles brewed in a gaiwan because I'm running late (again). Work is starting to interfere with my tea habit!

Jun 27th, '08, 08:35

by TimeforTea » Jun 27th, '08, 08:35

For the most part, my current teas are very good.

This morning to wake up, I brewed some ginger peach.

Jun 27th, '08, 09:17

by Aphroditea » Jun 27th, '08, 09:17

I am always improving my stash :) Whenever I come across something I really like or something that seems worth trying I add it in, but I am still experimenting and learning the things I love, like and hate.

I think I might really be a 3.5, but I voted 4. I think I will always be around a 4 because I will always be searching for teas that take the experience up just one more notch :)

But, this tea goes up to 11..... :)

In my cup this morning: Almond Oolong

Jun 27th, '08, 09:41

by Riene » Jun 27th, '08, 09:41

I'm pretty happy with my stash of commerical blended black teas--PG Tips, Barry's Gold, Yorkshire Gold, Taylors of Harrogate, Harney and Sons, Adagio, Barnies, Ty*phoo, Murchie's #10, Tazo, Grace Rare, Bencheley's, Whittard's, Jackson's of Picadilly, Harrod's, Lifeboat, Red Rose, Numi, Twinings, Republic of Tea, Ahmad Tea, Barnes and Watson, Bewley's, Lyon's, Stash, Fortum and Mason's, Indar, Dilmah, Gevalia, Peet's, Melrose's....etc.

So, voted a 4. I have PG Tips in the mug this morning.

I'm sure I need to broaden my horizons, but that may have to wait until I can find a real tea shop that mets me do sample tastes!

Jun 27th, '08, 09:53

by Salsero » Jun 27th, '08, 09:53

Riene wrote:I'm pretty happy with my stash of commerical blended black teas--PG Tips, Barry's Gold, Yorkshire Gold, Taylors of Harrogate, Harney and Sons, Adagio, Barnies, Ty*phoo, Murchie's #10, Tazo, Grace Rare, Bencheley's, Whittard's, Jackson's of Picadilly, Harrod's, Lifeboat, Red Rose, Numi, Twinings, Republic of Tea, Ahmad Tea, Barnes and Watson, Bewley's, Lyon's, Stash, Fortum and Mason's, Indar, Dilmah, Gevalia, Peet's, Melrose's....etc.
You really have all of these? Yikes!

Jun 27th, '08, 09:55

by witches brew » Jun 27th, '08, 09:55

My teas are very good right now. What's keeping me from saying they are perfect is that there are always new teas, new harvests. Who knows, next year's shincha could be even better...

This morning, I am sampling Oriental Beauty Oolong from Ito En. It is sweet and golden. with honey maple notes.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jun 27th, '08, 10:02

by henley » Jun 27th, '08, 10:02

I've only been drinking loose leaf tea for 8 mths so I'm still tweaking my collection, finding what I like & don't like. However, I would have to rate my current stash a 4. I've found some real favorites that I'm glad to have back in stock. :D But I'm always willing to try new teas. Never know when I might find a new favorite to add to the list.

Had Adagio's Oolong #40 w/bfast this morning. Another busy day/evening ahead. Hopefully this won't be my only tea today.