Sunday shall be TeaDay 6/29/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your top priority teaware purchase right now would be...?

A Teapot
28%
A teacup (s)
15%
An electric kettle
2%
Another type of kettle
4%
A gaiwan
9%
A chawan
No votes
Something for under teaware, a saucer, tray, coaster...
13%
A water cooler
No votes
An iced tea brewing vessel
6%
Other
6%
Nothing
17%

Total votes: 47

Jun 29th, '08, 11:38

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 29th, '08, 11:38

I am currently searching for one, maybe two teapots. The main one I am looking for is a 16 or 17oz pot so I can replace my Pyrex measuring cup for brewing my morning tea in. I have no clue what I am looking for beyond the size since both my travel mug and my thermos are 16oz. I tried the PersonaliTea but it is a bit too big. The other one I am looking for is a 5oz kyusu, preferably in some shade of green to match my 5oz cup. That one is not as necessary, but it would be nice so I don't have keep filling up my 10oz kyusu to half way and hoping it isn't too much tea for my cup.

This morning I am enjoying a mug of peach oolong mixed with apricot honeybush and some chopped up pieces of fresh ginger. It is tasty though the honeybush overpowers the other flavors.

Jun 29th, '08, 11:52

by insanitylater » Jun 29th, '08, 11:52

a kyusu or a tea table

:?

Jun 29th, '08, 12:04

by joelbct » Jun 29th, '08, 12:04

Do you believe it, I said nothing! I am pretty well stocked up here...

7 months ago.

3 months ago.

1 month ago.

Jun 29th, '08, 12:16

by chamekke » Jun 29th, '08, 12:16

britt wrote:
henley wrote:Tea definitely tastes better when drinking it from something pretty.
I definitely enjoy the experience more when using a Hokujo Sujihiki kyusu and a Bizen cup, or a Hokoju Yohen kyusu with an Aohagi cup, then I would using a lesser Tokoname kyusu and a coffee mug grabbed randomly from the cabinet.

If this were not true, there'd be more money in my bank account and a lot less posts on the "show off your pots and cups" thread.
What henley and britt said!

Sometimes I wish I could practice the kind of contentment that would leave me just as happy to drink my tea out of a "Kiss Me I'm Irish" mug. Then I think about it, and am happy I'm not :wink:

P.S. Looking for my first gaiwan ... ideally white porcelain.

Jun 29th, '08, 12:18

by chamekke » Jun 29th, '08, 12:18

joelbct wrote:Do you believe it, I said nothing! I am pretty well stocked up here...
:shock:

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 29th, '08, 12:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 29th, '08, 12:29

chamekke wrote:
joelbct wrote:Do you believe it, I said nothing! I am pretty well stocked up here...
:shock:
:shock: :shock:

I said teacups...I have my eyes on several. But also thinking Japanese cannisters, a tray, chataku, and always kyusu!

Fukamushi Supreme currently in my cup.

Jun 29th, '08, 12:50

by kymidwife » Jun 29th, '08, 12:50

I chose a gaiwan... but wished there was an option for "all of the above" as I really have almost nothing. I do have an electric kettle and a glass teapot, as well as some Perfect TeaMakers from Teavana which I use daily.

My teacups are coffee cups... but I think tea tastes just fine coupled with a nice Tigger or Mickey Mouse mug.

I'd love to have a gaiwan, a tetsubin, a yixing, kyusu, and some nice teacups and coasters. I bought a baker's rack type shelf last weekend when yard-saling (for 10 bucks, too) and I'm thinking it will be a great place to display some teaware and tea cannisters.

In my cup this morning was a yunnan gold/assam melody blend, nice and strong to wake me up... and now, iced Jasmine #9 and Pouchong blend. Mmmmm.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 29th, '08, 13:07

by Carnelian » Jun 29th, '08, 13:07

I'm in the market for a new, smaller, gaiwan. But there are too many choices that I can't narrow it down yet.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jun 29th, '08, 13:22

by Geekgirl » Jun 29th, '08, 13:22

Sad teaday today. My new little iced tea pitcher that I love has a crack in it. :(

[img][img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/ ... G_0489.jpg[/img][/img]

A few days ago it was just a scratch (came that way) then a tiny crack, then a bigger one... it's like watching your windshield spider from a rock chip.

:(

Jun 29th, '08, 13:35

by olivierco » Jun 29th, '08, 13:35

You forgot the pictures of some chaire and natsume if I remember correctly.

You could perhaps add a hohin to your very nice collection :wink:

Darjeeling Risheehat SFTGFOP1 right now.

Jun 29th, '08, 15:14

by Victoria » Jun 29th, '08, 15:14

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Sad teaday today. My new little iced tea pitcher that I love has a crack in it. :(

A few days ago it was just a scratch (came that way) then a tiny crack, then a bigger one... it's like watching your windshield spider from a rock chip.

:(
Awww sorry! That is what is currently happening to my 15 oz Bodum latte that I use daily. Just a teeny tiny hairline crack, but it keeps growing. Still I'm loyal to stick it our for now.

On my second steep of the LiShan - above average, but then I'm so spoiled.

Jun 29th, '08, 15:20

by Tadpole » Jun 29th, '08, 15:20

My new job comes with a very bare office space, so I'll need an electric kettle. There was a Braun one at my old job that boils 8 oz water in 70 sec. I like it very much, but it belongs to everyone, so I cannot take it with me. I'll be looking for one just like it. I have a big ol ceramic mug that I steep tea in at work. It's moving to my new office with me, and I just bought a large Finum tea brewing basket as a functional upgrade.

I'm not allowed to buy any more teaware for home use until we move :roll:

Lunchtime. I just got back from Red Blossom to pick up some Yunnan Gold Thread and Organic Jasmine Pearls. I think I'll have a pot of Yunnan with the hearty lentil stew I'm making at the moment. Oooooo....and goat cheese on toast!

Jun 29th, '08, 15:41

by neowolf » Jun 29th, '08, 15:41

I'm really happy with my TriniTEA for making tea right now, but I'm drinking out of fairly plain and cheap mugs. A nice teacup would be.. nice. ;)

Jun 29th, '08, 15:49

by Katrina » Jun 29th, '08, 15:49

I really don't need anything at the moment, although eventually I would like a tea tray/ basin. Someday. I've also been looking at picking up another Bee House pot for tea parties with my son. They're sturdy and I like the attached lid - less likely to get knocked off in my 3-year-old's excitement. I actually just got a check from USPS for a pot they broke in shipping last November, so I even have an excuse to do some shopping. I think I'll show some restraint for once. 8)

So far just a frozen matcha latte from a local shop. REALLY good.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jun 29th, '08, 16:14

by silverneedles » Jun 29th, '08, 16:14

french press, 1L of tea is what i want