Wednesday, 7/02/08 TeaDay All time favorite tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

OK, your favorite OF ALL TIME NOW, what is your all time favorite tea?

Black
24%
(oolong)
33%
Green
30%
White
2%
Yellow
No votes
Pu-erh
8%
Rooibos
No votes
Herbal
3%
Yerbe Mate
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 63

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:14

henley wrote:Sal, Beautiful lilies!!! Some more of my asiatic lilies ...
Thanks, what are they? I think of them as Easter lilies, but are they what you call asiatic lilies? They're not daylilies, or rain lilies, or lilies of the nile, or lilies of the valley, or hidden lilies, or lily livers.

Love the photo ... all framed up and ready to hang. Your background with antiques and fine furnishings is showing.
auggy wrote:.. Chip's head explode. .... And what a morning it has been. Dropped my engagement ... the phones are still dead ... oh wait, dead as well. I have lots ... all I want to do is go home and sleep ... horrible dreams of being a witness to a murder ... somehow frozen body ... weird night.
Auggy, your life is so much more interesting than mine. Wanna trade? I already have the short hair. BTW, looked at your blog the other day and enjoyed it much, though I was a little disappointed to see that you are a lovely young lady and not a cute monkey after all.

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:26

by RussianSoul » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:26

Salsero wrote:... I was a little disappointed to see that you are a lovely young lady and not a cute monkey after all.
What?!?!?! Auggy is not a monkey? That's it. This is the last drop. First - oolongians are taking over the planet, and now this! I am quitting TeaChat.

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:42

by hop_goblin » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:42

You can't ever go wrong with Lipton Blends! haha Pu-erh!

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:46

by olivierco » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:46

Shincha miyabi right now.

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:48

by Salsero » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:48

RussianSoul wrote:What?!?!?! Auggy is not a monkey? That's it. This is the last drop. First - oolongians are taking over the planet, and now this! I am quitting TeaChat.
Next thing you know, we'll be finding out that you are not the #1 all-time cutest panda.

Where DID you find that charming avatar anyway, girl?

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:55

by cane » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:55

Once again oolong is my vote. I think my favorite of all time was a 2006 harvest of Jian Bin Qi Lan. It had the most amazing chocolatey tones to it, sadly I have yet to find something as good again, but my quest continues.

Today I am drinking an organic lemon ginger, green tea blend, it has a chinese green tea base, lemongrass, ginger root and lemon myrtle in it. Very refreshing with a little bit of a spice (from the ginger I assume)
I do not go for flavored teas often, but this blend I love!

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:56

by Carnelian » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:56

I have to say that my favorite tea is a good cup of TKY. In fact, I think I'll go make a cup of that OOLONG right now.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jul 2nd, '08, 10:58

by geeber1 » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:58

I voted black, as Irish Breakfast is my all-time favorite.

This morning I have said Irish B-fast, iced.

Jul 2nd, '08, 11:09

by Riene » Jul 2nd, '08, 11:09

The Oolongonians are winning this poll.

Black lovers, unite!

Btw, what does TKY stand for?
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jul 2nd, '08, 11:33

by henley » Jul 2nd, '08, 11:33

Salsero wrote: Thanks, what are they? I think of them as Easter lilies, but are they what you call asiatic lilies? They're not daylilies, or rain lilies, or lilies of the nile, or lilies of the valley, or hidden lilies, or lily livers...
...or calla lilies or water lillies or peace lillies or tiger lilies or...

Beginning to think there's as many different lilies as there are teas! :lol: Gets confusing. Easter lilies are solid white (of what I've seen). I think yours would fall into the asiatic/oriental category but I'm by no means an expert. I just pick out what I think is pretty & hubby plants it for me.

Jul 2nd, '08, 11:37

by Victoria » Jul 2nd, '08, 11:37

Riene wrote:The Oolongonians are winning this poll.

Black lovers, unite!

Btw, what does TKY stand for?
TKY = Ti Kuan Yin Oolong aka: TGY = Tie Guan Yin

I'm going to love converting you to the oolong side.
:lol:

Jul 2nd, '08, 11:39

by auggy » Jul 2nd, '08, 11:39

Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote:.. Chip's head explode. .... And what a morning it has been. Dropped my engagement ... the phones are still dead ... oh wait, dead as well. I have lots ... all I want to do is go home and sleep ... horrible dreams of being a witness to a murder ... somehow frozen body ... weird night.
Auggy, your life is so much more interesting than mine. Wanna trade? I already have the short hair. BTW, looked at your blog the other day and enjoyed it much, though I was a little disappointed to see that you are a lovely young lady and not a cute monkey after all.
RussianSoul wrote:What?!?!?! Auggy is not a monkey? That's it. This is the last drop. First - oolongians are taking over the planet, and now this! I am quitting TeaChat.
:lol: I love y'all! I sooooo needed that laugh today. Sal, it's funny that you say my life it more interesting... I was just complaining to DH that I think someone cursed me with the Chinese "fortune" of "May you live in interesting times"!

I'm hoping life will go back to the same-old-same-old it was in May. I like it when my tea is the most exciting thing in my life. But after all, tea IS pretty exciting!
:D

Jul 2nd, '08, 11:57

by xine » Jul 2nd, '08, 11:57

oolong is kicking butt! today i'm having some oolong i grabbed out of some samples that came in...

Jul 2nd, '08, 12:19

by geeber1 » Jul 2nd, '08, 12:19

¡Viva negro!
or Oolong ... or Green ... it's all good!

Jul 2nd, '08, 12:24

by Geekgirl » Jul 2nd, '08, 12:24

Oolong FTW!

Little departure from my regulars this morning, goes well with my sugary cereal. :lol: