Thursday, 7/03/08 TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your Favorite GREEN thing? Green ftw!!!

GREEN TEA
57%
GREEN eggs and ham
11%
GREEN grass
9%
GREEN plants/trees
9%
GREEN beer
2%
GREEN beans
4%
GREENland
2%
GREENpeace
2%
GREEN Party
2%
GREEN Day
2%

Total votes: 53

Jul 3rd, '08, 11:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 11:56

omegapd wrote:Okay, now we're talking green here in Georgia. 8)

Taken this morning at 0845 and I even added a tea aspect to it. :D

(sans mason jar for the purists)

EW
Carnelian wrote:I don't know if its the fact that I'm denied green grass for most of the year by snowstorms and heatwaves, but I'd give up other forms of green (even tea) just to see that lush green lawn

Yes, I agree, I miss it. Growing up in the Appalachia Valley
region of Ohio I was surrounded by green. Here in SoCa,
I can say - I truly long to sit somewhere peaceful and look
out over an expanse of green with a nice cup of tea.

Very nice - very peaceful, relaxing and green!
No wonder you like having tea out there.
:)

Jul 3rd, '08, 12:09

by xine » Jul 3rd, '08, 12:09

I voted for green beans!!!! I want a big bucket of them for the holiday weekend. With ribs. and cornbread. yeeeeah!

having some ali-shan mountain oolong.

Jul 3rd, '08, 12:21

by tenuki » Jul 3rd, '08, 12:21

Woot! the other green party member voted!

Baozhong isn't on the list but it is in my new YiXing and old yunomi again today. And it's just as amazing.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jul 3rd, '08, 12:29

by henley » Jul 3rd, '08, 12:29

Had iced vanilla orange oolong w/lunch. While finishing up, a nice young man in a brown uniform knocked on my door. My full size order of Pouchong arrived today!!! :D Thanx, Adagio, for changing from FedEx to UPS. Noticed the extra "rural delivery" charge didn't appear the other day & now I know why...

Xine, except for the ribs, I'm looking forward to green beans, corn, yellow squash & possibly tomatoes from my FIL's garden for dinner tonight. Mmmm. I'll make some extra cornbread just for you! :lol:

Off to enjoy my new delivery!!!

Jul 3rd, '08, 12:36

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 12:36

xine wrote:I voted for green beans!!!! I want a big bucket of them for the holiday weekend. With ribs. and cornbread. yeeeeah!

having some ali-shan mountain oolong.
Yum yum! We all three agree! I LOVE Green Beans - they way I prepare them is a speciality of mine. Gotta be the Italian ones though. I even bought some seeds this year and a friend is planing them in his garden for me, I can't wait to make them up fresh!

Jul 3rd, '08, 12:58

by Geekgirl » Jul 3rd, '08, 12:58

too many great shots in this thread. Love the lidded cup, very beautiful; and the little white flowers and outdoor pics... they actually make me want to reclaim my yard from the random grass that is sprouting up in my iris beds. grrr... (nearly time to dig them all up anyways.)

Da Hong Pao from Serenity Art this morning. Yum. I have a picture, but my computer is currently downloading the 600+ 12mp images from a wedding I officiated last night before it can get to the 2 tea pictures I took this morning.

:shock:

BTW: voted "green tea" just for chip, even though it was a toss up between green trees/plants and green grass. What can I say? I'm an Oregonian?

Jul 3rd, '08, 13:02

by insanitylater » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:02

it's a toss up between green tea and green grass. i love the smell of fresh green tea and freshly mowed grass

having some rishi yunnan gold with my breakfast today. scrambled eggs that i received from a friend's farm and toast with goat butter

mmmmm :D

Jul 3rd, '08, 13:03

by kymidwife » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:03

Someone should vote for poor Greenland.... the lone option with 0 votes.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 3rd, '08, 13:10

by chamekke » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:10

kymidwife wrote:Someone should vote for poor Greenland.... the lone option with 0 votes.
OK, I did it. I voted for poor little Greenland. Somebody had to do it.

Especially as some of my other favourite greens didn't even make the list (Green Tara, Kermit, lawn clippings).

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jul 3rd, '08, 13:12

by insanitylater » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:12

smokeable greens got left out too :lol:

Jul 3rd, '08, 13:19

by kymidwife » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:19

insanitylater wrote:smokeable greens got left out too :lol:
You mean that's not what Chip meant when he listed "green grass" as an option? Everything is subject to interpretation!

Sarah

Jul 3rd, '08, 13:22

by auggy » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:22

henley wrote:Thanx, Adagio, for changing from FedEx to UPS. Noticed the extra "rural delivery" charge didn't appear the other day & now I know why...
Ooooh, yay! And just in time since I need to do a tea order soon! Of course, my UPS man is much nicer than the FedEx man, but not so nice that I want to pay the rural delivery surcharge.

Jul 3rd, '08, 13:23

by Chip » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:23

This is actually not an easy poll for me...I have loved green, my fave color, forever...love trees, plants...and just about anything green. Exploring the "temperate rain forests" of California are near the top of my to do list. Haven't voted yet.

Accompanying me for tea, I love an indoor fountain trickling nearby and something Asian, maybe a dragon.

Adagio Yunnan Gold this morning and now O-Cha Fukamushi Supreme. 4th steep...I will cold brew the last steep I think.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 3rd, '08, 13:31

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:31

Just vote for Green Tea.
:)

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:25

by Tea na » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:25

I voted for Green Eggs and Ham (I love Dr. Seuss, I have some of his books memorized from reading them so often to my kids)...And I just don't get green tea yet (sorry Chip).

I had Irish Breakfast this morning, need to go get something else....maybe I'll try a green!

Happy Green Day!
Tea Na
Tea-Na