Sunday, 7/06/08 TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How important is caffeine to your tea consumption?

Top priority...it is why I drink tea
No votes
High...love that caffeine boost
13%
Middle of the road...caffeine is a nice bonus
38%
Low priority, I would drink it even if it had no caffeine
29%
No importance
17%
Other
4%

Total votes: 48

Jul 6th, '08, 21:32

by joelbct » Jul 6th, '08, 21:32

Chip wrote:>>>>>>>>SST...this is super sonic shincha sencha asamushi a la Hibiki-an...Shincha Sencha Traditional, limited edition. >>>>>>>
I thought it was the Super Sencha Ninja Shincha Pinnacle Superior, Extra-Ultra-Premium Grade ala ItoppodO-Cha-En-An-San (Shipped in fancy carton)

Jul 6th, '08, 22:01

by Katrina » Jul 6th, '08, 22:01

I too had a night full of wacky dreams. In one I went back to the cabin my parents sold last summer and the new owner let me come in. It was full of all sorts of MY stuff. I couldn't believe my parents didn't take the things out before they sold it. Then there was this vegetable garden in the side yard that I had supposedly planted and I was obsessed with getting my things and harvesting all the veggies into Ziploc bags and getting them to my car before they new owners noticed. Think I'm suddenly feeling a little bit of loss over the sale?

BUT, I can't complain because hubby got up with the kids this morning and I slept until 10:30!!! I'm still in shock. But, boy, did it feel good. I don't think I've slept that long since the kids were born.

Mint masala chai today. It was fantastic. I made a really big batch too so I can have some iced tomorrow. Finished the day with black raspberry ice cream from the farm in town. Great weekend.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jul 6th, '08, 22:02

Re: Only trouble is, gee whiz, I'm dreamin' my life away

by auggy » Jul 6th, '08, 22:02

Salsero wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:... promptly had two nightmares: one in which my camera got "swapped" for one that had burned in a fire, and a second where I was supposed to trade hawaiian shirts with a guy who owed another guy a briefcase full of money ...
Wow, not only are your photos primo, but your dream life is rivaled only by Auggy's waking life for entertainment value.
Hey, Geekgirl has dreams about Hawaiin shirts, something my life is sadly lacking in any abundance. So I think she wins. :wink: Besides, very boring day for me. Church, picked up a few things at the store, then scrapbooked and watched about 7 episodes of Lost, season 1, all while sipping on cold brewed green tea. Which was really good! At least I finally got some tea in. Yesterday was sadly tea-free.

As for dreams, I rarely remember mine, but when I do, they are odd and lately, nightmares (which is rare for me). Last week's murderer disposing of the frozen body thing and a few days before that there were giant centipedes dripping from walls, coming to attack me. Uck.

Oh, almost forgot - poll question. I could care less caffeine. Sometimes my morning black tea makes me jittery and sometimes green gets me a little when I have a lot in a short amount of time, but usually it doesn't influence my sleep since I don't have a fresh first steep after about 7pm. And I don't go to sleep until 2am or so. :oops:

Jul 6th, '08, 22:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 6th, '08, 22:17

joelbct wrote:
Chip wrote:>>>>>>>>SST...this is super sonic shincha sencha asamushi a la Hibiki-an...Shincha Sencha Traditional, limited edition. >>>>>>>
I thought it was the Super Sencha Ninja Shincha Pinnacle Superior, Extra-Ultra-Premium Grade ala ItoppodO-Cha-En-An-San (Shipped in fancy carton)
[Try it once!]
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jul 6th, '08, 22:20

by henley » Jul 6th, '08, 22:20

jim109 wrote:The vendor is www.TeasEtc.com . Hope you enjoy!! Jim
Thanx for the info! :D It's on my "Teas To Try" list. Having gotten 3 shipments of tea last month & the oolong box coming soon, it may be a while before I place an order, though. May contact the company & see if I can get a sample.

Finished the evening w/cuppa Pouchong. Have I mentioned I really like this one?! :lol:

Jul 6th, '08, 22:27

by Victoria » Jul 6th, '08, 22:27

henley wrote:
jim109 wrote:The vendor is www.TeasEtc.com . Hope you enjoy!! Jim
Thanx for the info! :D It's on my "Teas To Try" list. Having gotten 3 shipments of tea last month & the oolong box coming soon, it may be a while before I place an order, though. May contact the company & see if I can get a sample.

Finished the evening w/cuppa Pouchong. Have I mentioned I really like this one?! :lol:
Speaking of the
Oolong Box Pass
It begins its journey tomorrow! Watch for the for the official announcement!

Jul 6th, '08, 22:31

by henley » Jul 6th, '08, 22:31

Victoria wrote: Speaking of the
Oolong Box Pass
It begins its journey tomorrow! Watch for the for the official announcement!
Woo-Hoo!!!Image

Jul 7th, '08, 01:54

by Victoria » Jul 7th, '08, 01:54

Yes! Exciting stuff!
Over 30 different oolongs!!!

And Teaware!!!

Jul 7th, '08, 13:06

by Pentox » Jul 7th, '08, 13:06

Mmm i love caffeine, it makes the world go round.

So far this morning, a sample of Good Morning tea from Lupicia. Yet another run to the lupicia store this weekend and quite a large haul. They finally got their shincha shipped over. So far from what I have tried it is quite amazing.