Sunday, 7/06/08 TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How important is caffeine to your tea consumption?

Top priority...it is why I drink tea
No votes
High...love that caffeine boost
13%
Middle of the road...caffeine is a nice bonus
38%
Low priority, I would drink it even if it had no caffeine
29%
No importance
17%
Other
4%

Total votes: 48

Jul 6th, '08, 05:05
Scrolling: scrolling

Sunday, 7/06/08 TeaDay

by Chip » Jul 6th, '08, 05:05

Yesterday TeaChatters indicated a wide range of answers regarding TeaGifts they received. You can still vote and discuss this topic.

Welcome TeaFriends to TeaDay, shall we brew and share what is in our cups today, all day.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is again about a lively subject, caffeine. How important is caffeine to your daily tea drinking...rate its importance.

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone...as always. So, bottoms up, refill, repeat often
Last edited by Chip on Jul 6th, '08, 05:18, edited 2 times in total.

Jul 6th, '08, 05:09
Scrolling: scrolling

Shincha Fukamushi

by Salsero » Jul 6th, '08, 05:09

Shincha Fukamushi Sencha with some mauve (is that the right word?) weed flowers from the unloved lawn at the office.

Click enabled

Jul 6th, '08, 05:09

by olivierco » Jul 6th, '08, 05:09

Low priority, I would drink it even if it had no caffeine

This morning Yunnan golden tips and after that silver needles.

Jul 6th, '08, 05:11

Re: Shincha Fukamushi

by olivierco » Jul 6th, '08, 05:11

Salsero wrote:Shincha Fukamushi Sencha with some mauve (is that the right word?) weed flowers from the unloved lawn at the office.
I guess so

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauve_%28couleur%29

Jul 6th, '08, 06:33

by omegapd » Jul 6th, '08, 06:33

I would say low priority. Working nights, there's many times I want to have one more cup but it's hard enough sleeping in the day time without adding in extra factors like caffeine. And no matter what people say, I have yet to taste a decaf tea that tastes like it's caffeinated counterpart...

No tea at all tonight, unless I count the few swigs of iced tea I brought with me to work. I'll have to make up for it later today and tomorrow when I'm off...

Happy Sunday!

EW

Jul 6th, '08, 06:39

by Trey Winston » Jul 6th, '08, 06:39

I voted middle of the road. I came to tea from coffee and cola, so the caffeine buzz is probably part of the reason I like tea so much. But I'm pretty sure I would drink tea even without the caffeine.
Trey

Jul 6th, '08, 08:39

by Riene » Jul 6th, '08, 08:39

Important, so I voted "high" as it is my only caffeine source. I've given up sodas due to the calories and acids, refuse to drink anything "diet," and never learned to like coffee, although I enjoy the aroma.

However, I would drink it even without the caffeine. I enjoy the tea experience, the delicate cups, the first scent rising from the leaves in the can, the warmth of a teacup cradled in my hands on a wintery morning, the flavor, the conversation, the fun.

Jul 6th, '08, 09:43

by mmsq3 » Jul 6th, '08, 09:43

I went ahead with the 'no importance' because caffeine has never really affected me much at all; so I have never had tea specifically for its caffeinated attributes. I drink it purely for the feeling and atmosphere that it creates.

Jul 6th, '08, 09:54

by laran7 » Jul 6th, '08, 09:54

I voted middle of the road, too. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning to start the day - but rely on tea throughout it. I hate caffeine jitters - gave up sodas a long time ago and sleep and dream better without either.

I started buying loose tea a few years ago - but would let it steep and steep, to extract enough caffeine to replace coffee. Needless to say, it tasted awful. I thought tea was a strange acquired taste.

I started paying attention to how long a tea should be steeped when I started reading about people in other places made tea. (especially moroccan mint).

I'm learning about tea reading these posts, looking up links and reading them. I do find that my tastes are changing and becoming more subtle. ( Than a sledgehammer, of course.)

I drink Darjeeling a lot because it seems to give me a kind of lightness and energy without ups and downs.

Jul 6th, '08, 10:04

by TimeforTea » Jul 6th, '08, 10:04

Middle of the road. I can't see myself drinking herbal or rooibos first thing in the morning. I like knowing I'll get a little kick out of my morning cup. However, it is a much lower need than when I needed my morning java. For the cups later in the day, caffeine plays little or no roll.

This morning, I am drinking the last of my oolong #18.

Jul 6th, '08, 10:12

Re: Shincha Fukamushi

by augie » Jul 6th, '08, 10:12

Salsero wrote: weed flowers from the unloved lawn at the office.
Wow, nice "weeds". The weeds I have really are weeds!

If I want caffeine I drink coffee in the morning. After waking up (which takes me some time), I don't seek out caffeine. Ever need to stay awake desparately (studying, driving, doing a b.o.r.i.n.g. job, etc.)? Caffeine just makes me strung out and crazy when i really need to sleep.

On a positive note: I have my coffee guzzling husband drinking tea at work during the day now. Major step forward for him. However, I think that making a pot of coffee in the afternoon at work was just a nasty habit he needed to break.

This is such an ironic question of the day because I was up all night with a stressed out, sick dog. :cry: She has a sick tummy and hates fireworks.

Jul 6th, '08, 10:33

by Ti » Jul 6th, '08, 10:33

Middle of the road. Sometimes it's nice and sometimes I don't want it.

Drinking gunpowder aged to destruction. Found it waaay in the back of tea cabinet and decided to finish it off. It's not too hot. I don't like throwing away tea but this tea might serve a better purpose scattered in the woods.

Jul 6th, '08, 10:59

by hop_goblin » Jul 6th, '08, 10:59

Well, I like the affect caffine but it is not paramount.

Jul 6th, '08, 11:19

by olivierco » Jul 6th, '08, 11:19

Karigane sencha this afternoon and now Darjeeling Risheehat SFTGFOP1

Jul 6th, '08, 11:19

by Carnelian » Jul 6th, '08, 11:19

I couldn't care less about caffeine, in fact I started drinking tea because I can't handle the caffeine in pops and coffee.

Probably going to make some Irish Breakfast soon, need a break from oolong and greens
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast