Fanatical Thursday 7/10/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Fanatical about your teacup? What is the ONE feature that is a MUST before you will sip from it?

SIZE is of paramount importance
26%
MATERIAL and TEXTURE...TOUCH
32%
It is all about SHAPE
12%
STYLE
12%
ORIGIN
No votes
COLOR
4%
Must have a WHITE interior (unless maybe it is glass)
14%
NAME of maker
No votes
PRICE
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 50

Jul 11th, '08, 14:37

Harry Potter Con (off-topic, I apologize)

by kymidwife » Jul 11th, '08, 14:37

Riene wrote: :shock: Sarah, may I ask what you do, that you get to go to HP conferences and get to dress up a bit? I admit to book envy!
Hmmm... what I do... well, it's not a professional conference for me. I am here strictly as a fan. Anyone can pay the fee and attend the conference. This is my first fan-con, and I'm having a ball. There are more than 800 people attending from kids to age 70-80... predominance of 40somethings, to my big relief. I was afraid I'd be lost in a sea of 20somethings.

There are all-day academic offerings, writing workshops, film showings, a masquerade ball tomorrow night, a wizard-rock concert, etc. And, its just fun to see people in cloaks, hoods, hats, masks... carrying brooms, white owls, and wands... mixed amongst the other hotel guests here for various professional conferences. LOL!

There's another con in August, in Chicago... called Terminus. I am hoping to attend that one too... my big self-indulgent splurge for the year.

Sarah

Jul 11th, '08, 15:18

by olivierco » Jul 11th, '08, 15:18

Chip wrote:
olivierco wrote:
Chip wrote:
Hopefully you can revote.
No, I am not allowed to revote.
OOPS...so sorry, my French TeaFriend!!!! I just realized everyone would vote "other" too late. I did not even realize I erased your vote til I saw your post.

So, what would you have voted for...besides Other?
I guess shape would have been my choice.