Fanatical Friday and TeaDay 7/11/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How FANATICAL are you about the water you use to brew tea?

Extremely...I do all the research, test my water, read the studies
5%
Pretty fanatic...I wil go pretty far to get the best water for my tea
14%
I think fanatic...
20%
*turns on faucet, fills kettle, brews tea* Need I say more
56%
Other
5%

Total votes: 59

Jul 11th, '08, 15:21

by Katrina » Jul 11th, '08, 15:21

Ladytiger wrote:So we put my cat to peace to day. She was a good kitty that lastest 12 years. RIP my sunny little Valentine.
Lady Tiger, I am so sorry for your loss. She's a beautiful kitty with an equally beautiful name.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jul 11th, '08, 15:29

by olivierco » Jul 11th, '08, 15:29

I use tapwater as much as possible. It is cheaper and of course environment friendly.

For cold brewing however and sometimes for brewing delicate teas, I use mineral water (in fact the less mineral water I found)

Today only one just decent Darjeeling so for since I wasn't home.
Now Kanro gyokuro.

Jul 11th, '08, 15:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 11th, '08, 15:56

Ladytiger wrote:My water is well water so I'm not to picky with it.

So we put my cat to peace to day. She was a good kitty that lastest 12 years. RIP my sunny little Valentine.

Awww I'm so sorry LadyT. What a sweetie.
Sending Hugs!

Awful day at work - Oy!

Boazhong in my cup - trying to make it better.

Jul 11th, '08, 16:19

by RussianSoul » Jul 11th, '08, 16:19

Ladytiger wrote:So we put my cat to peace to day. She was a good kitty that lastest 12 years. RIP my sunny little Valentine.
I am so sorry, Ladytiger! At least she is in peace and pain cannot bother her anymore.

Through the years we had two little critters die, a hamster and a chameleon. Each time our animal hospital sent a dearest card describing the kind of heaven the critter went too. For the hamster the heaven had a lot of cozy warm straw, honey dog biscuits and buckets of granola bars. For the lizard the heaven contained an abundance of crickets and shredded lettuce.

To take this beautiful thought further, your kitty is in place with lots of cozy blankets, warm and dusty closets, unending favorite wet food and no lactose intolerance.

Hugs to you!

Jul 11th, '08, 18:38

by Chip » Jul 11th, '08, 18:38

So sorry, LadyTiger! Cherish the good memories and time spent with Valentine.

A strange day...a day w/o semblance of routine.

Finally having tea...Fukamushi Supreme...last full session of this stellar almost daily sencha.

I have a well, my water tastes sweet to me do to the mineral content. It is harder than I would like, but I don't want to go through filtering, etc since this would also take out good minerals as well.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 11th, '08, 19:31

Kitties, tea and water bottles

by laran7 » Jul 11th, '08, 19:31

I'm sorry too. My kitty looks a lot like yours does in the picture - just longer haired - for kitty heaven don't forget the brightly colored pull off milk carton tops that bounce across the floor. Best wishes .

I ended up finishing my perfumey jasmine oolang tea with ice - and I really really like it. I was surprised again - but pleased this time. I think I used too much tea and made it too strong by accident.

I consider myself a bit fanatic about water - even though I don't actually test it myself. I'm in an area where well water is subject to runoff from "chem lawns" ,
military base pollutants, and a nuclear power plant not too far off. Its just something to be aware of. I've recently read that the bottles themselves contain plastic that affects the water - but there is only so much one can cope with. I do not like the idea that they do add to garbage waste.

Jul 11th, '08, 20:22

by henley » Jul 11th, '08, 20:22

Sorry about your kitty, LT. It's never easy to lose a furry family member. :(

Water out of the faucet for me. Our well water is pretty good.

Made it to part of the tea vendors today. Had some awwwful tea... so bad I'll call it NasTea! I know the big dogs go the WTE but Harney, RoT & a couple of others names I've recognized are here. Met Bruce Richardson who has authored or co-authored several books on tea.

Had Japanese food for dinner tonight so got in some green tea & tried the green tea ice cream. Time to crash w/some Wuyi Ensemble!

Jul 11th, '08, 21:19

by Riene » Jul 11th, '08, 21:19

:( I'm so sorry, LadyTiger.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jul 11th, '08, 21:33

by Chip » Jul 11th, '08, 21:33

Tea Two, SST, Shincha Sencha Traditional...aka, asamushicha, lightsteamed sencha.

...I think my taste buds are tired today. I will try to wake them with some bluelong next perhaps.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 11th, '08, 22:02

by Victoria » Jul 11th, '08, 22:02

Chip wrote:...I think my taste buds are tired today. I will try to wake them with some bluelong next perhaps.

It's been a long day.

Jul 11th, '08, 22:22

by laran7 » Jul 11th, '08, 22:22

This is the most amazing thing - they are giving a fireworks display across town -
I looked up from my computer when I heard it begin; I just watched a half hour of fireworks from my front door.

We missed the the show and parade on the fourth - so this was quite amazing and unexpected.

Best of wishes - good night all

Jul 11th, '08, 22:24

by Space Samurai » Jul 11th, '08, 22:24

So I've been reading about bottled water today, and I feel so dirty, like going into work tomorrow and selling water all day I'll be clubbin' baby seals or something. :(

I found a Brita pitcher that I think will be perfect for my tea; it holds over a gallon, and I think I'll get another smaller one for the fridge. I was also looking at those Sigg Swiss water bottles, today. I guy I know at work uses one.

Mary, you've converted me.

Drinking some dian hong, now.

Jul 12th, '08, 00:00

by Chip » Jul 12th, '08, 00:00

ahhhhh...yes...I have a well and am a bit of an environmentalist w/o even knowing it. :wink:

It is late, but still might have kuki houjicha or else Heirloom TeaPlant Flowers as a late night low caffeine tea fix.
Last edited by Chip on Jun 25th, '09, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 12th, '08, 00:10

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 12th, '08, 00:10

My faucet currently has a reverse osmosis filter attached to it so I am just fine with getting water straight from that. It makes awesome tea and I definitely miss the R.O. water when I am at school stuck with a Brita Pitcher.

Not too much tea today. I had my daily two mugs of tea at work, this time enjoying more Oolong #8. I got completely distracted when I got home since today was the day that my boyfriend agreed to help me build my new computer. I now have a new, awesome desktop, which is a huge upgrade from my falling apart laptop. For now I am more enthralled by the glowing fans and 22 inch wide screen monitor than the actual specs of the system. I just finally got around to making more tea, a mug of Honeybush Vanilla to end the day.

LadyTiger: Sorry about your kitty. :cry:

Jul 12th, '08, 03:02

by omegapd » Jul 12th, '08, 03:02

Jack_teachat wrote: I've been enjoying it quite a bit this week as I bought it to celebrate getting married last Saturday (one reason why I haven't posted much this week!)
My wife isn't a tea drinker, oh well more for me I guess! :D
Congratulations Jack! I wish you the best in all the years to come. Maybe you can convert her soon enough. :wink:

EW