Fanatical Monday and TeaDay 7/14/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Shall we start a new Show Off Your Pots and Cups topic to replace the HUGE current one?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 51

Jul 14th, '08, 13:05

by Tea na » Jul 14th, '08, 13:05

I voted YES! Open NEW STUFF! (sorry, just went shopping and I have a NEW bug...ha ha)

Had Assam Medley this morning, but I need more.....
Tea-Na

Jul 14th, '08, 13:10

by witches brew » Jul 14th, '08, 13:10

Oh, yes. Please start a new thread or three. The current one is not navigable any more. I'd love to see a separate thread for pots, another for cups/bowls, and a third one for everything else.

My TeaDay got off to a late start, but I am making up for lost time with a cup of genmaicha.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jul 14th, '08, 13:25

by auggy » Jul 14th, '08, 13:25

Switched to darjeeling now. It's neat. Not quite a black, not quite an oolong. It's taken me about the whole cup to get used to, but I think I like it.

Jul 14th, '08, 13:29

by cane » Jul 14th, '08, 13:29

Drinking a Nilgiri black tea. I am not sure if I overbrewed it or not, it has a slight bite to it, like a darjeeling first flush. Surprisingly floral. It has become cold now since I brewed it this morning and it actually makes a real nice iced tea.

I vote not to break it down further, I think its easier to go into one thread to see everyone's teaware, rather than having seperate threads for each type.

Jul 14th, '08, 13:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 14th, '08, 13:38

Riene wrote:This is not starting out as a good tea day. My better half made tea with some teabags in the cabinet...vile stuff, had to pour it out. I don't know if it was lousy tea to begin with, or just old. Then my favorite blue mug hit the floor and the handle shattered. Oddly, the mug itself only sustained a chip out of the side.

So...vile drink, badly damaged mug, scalded leg/foot from hot tea. :?

Should I go back to bed now, or should I start over with some good tea?
Yes a nice oolong is in order!
:twisted:

Jul 14th, '08, 13:47

by Victoria » Jul 14th, '08, 13:47

cane wrote:Drinking a Nilgiri black tea. I am not sure if I overbrewed it or not, it has a slight bite to it, like a darjeeling first flush. Surprisingly floral. It has become cold now since I brewed it this morning and it actually makes a real nice iced tea.

I vote not to break it down further, I think its easier to go into one thread to see everyone's teaware, rather than having seperate threads for each type.
Cane, I'm having Nilgiri in my cup this morning too. There is a bit of an astringent aftertaste to mine too, but I like that. I can see how this would be good iced.

Jul 14th, '08, 14:18

by olivierco » Jul 14th, '08, 14:18

Wuyi this afternoon Roasted Shuin Xian spring 2004 from Teamaster.
I had completely forgotten that I had it (with two other Wuyi from 1997 and 1992. Click the above link for more on these Wuyi)

Kanro gyokuro in a few minutes.

Jul 14th, '08, 14:29

by Ladytiger » Jul 14th, '08, 14:29

olivierco wrote:I forgot:

Today is Bastille day as you call it in english

------>Click here<------
Bastille Day? It brings back memories of Advance Placement European History *shivers* Anyway, Happy Bastille Day!!!!!
I'm impatiently waiting for my shipment of adagio teas to arrive at my friend's house. I hope it comes soon!

Jul 14th, '08, 14:31

Re: Nan Tou Oolong

by Victoria » Jul 14th, '08, 14:31

Salsero wrote:A Nan Tou Oolong, brewed gong fu style and the spectacular annual Cleome, also called Spider Flower.

Click for larger picture.
Nic pic Sal! Love the blue! That is the lighest Non Tou I've ever seen.

Jul 14th, '08, 14:50

by omegapd » Jul 14th, '08, 14:50

Salsero wrote: Oh, the glamorous life you jet setters live, going from one five-star hotel or South Georgia villa to another!
BTW, Omegapd, there are a couple samples of those samples going out in today's mail to you.
Yeah, you know the whole story. I'd trade place with you in a minute.

I do run by the house and check the mail daily, so they won't be "aging" in the hot sun too long. Thanks a bunch. I'll mail you when they arrive.

EW

Jul 14th, '08, 15:07

by Geekgirl » Jul 14th, '08, 15:07

auggy wrote:Sal, that is the coolest plant ever. If I didn't think my kitties would eat it up then puke it all over the carpet, I would have to run out and get one. But they would so I'm going to content myself with staring at your pic.
Yours do that too, huh? Damn cats.

This is the first tea I was able to have since Saturday morning, High Mountain Ice Oolong, taiwanese from Serenity Art in Portland:

Why? you ask. Well, I was here:

Click will take you to photo set.
I'm still working on the set. I had HUNDREDS of photos. If 5% turn out decent, it's still a boatload of pictures.

Jul 14th, '08, 15:49

by horsencl » Jul 14th, '08, 15:49

I voted for a new thread. 96 pages and tons of pictures tends to slow down my computer a good deal. I don't think they need to be seperated into teaware types though. That thread always seems to flow like a conversation and naturally drifts to many different types of teaware. I think we'd loose that if they were seperated.

No tea for me yet today. It will have to wait until I get home MUCH later tonight :(

Jul 14th, '08, 15:54

by Salsero » Jul 14th, '08, 15:54

olivierco wrote:Wuyi this afternoon Roasted Shuin Xian spring 2004 from Teamaster.
I had completely forgotten that I had it (with two other Wuyi from 1997 and 1992. Click the above link for more on these Wuyi)

Wow, small world. I got that tasting set last year also. There's still some left somewhere buried in my house. Must dig it out.

I was surprised that the best one was not the oldest one, but it was the best Shui Xian I think I have had, with the possible exception of one that was made from the SX varietal but grown in the Phoenix Mountains in Guangdong, which is actually where Shui Xian originated and some is still grown, though Dan Cong is the main brew there now.

What brewing vessel did you use? Not one of your kyusu, I hope! I didn't know you indulged in the Wuyi oolongs.

Jul 14th, '08, 16:14

by Chip » Jul 14th, '08, 16:14

Good TeaDay everyone. I noticed I have not been feeling well for a couple days and noticed a swollen gland late last night...need to see what that means. I also have a headache that won't go away. Not completely thinking straight..like 95%.

Anyway, back to tea...Adagio Keemun earlier. Farmer Shincha currently.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 14th, '08, 16:52

by Victoria » Jul 14th, '08, 16:52

Sorry Chip - apply more green tea, hope you feel better.

For me I'm really milking this Nilgiri, two full pots of it and drinking it cold now.
It's very good.