Wednesday TeaDay 7/16/08 Soda consumption?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

I had a soda for the first time this year yesterday, and I wondered, how many sodas have you consumed this year (based on 12 ounce soda)?

Zero, Zilch, Nada
9
16%
Less than 5
18
32%
Less than 10
6
11%
Less than 20
3
5%
Less than 40
6
11%
Less than 70
1
2%
Less than 100
3
5%
Less than 150
2
4%
Less than 200
1
2%
MORE!!!
7
13%
 
Total votes: 56

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 8:05 pm
Posts: 1005
Joined: Feb 8th 08 7:22 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

by auggy » Jul 16th 08 8:05 pm

Chip wrote:My open Japanese greens are getting low and/or few. I will remedy this situation maybe today.
Mine are too. But I'll be waiting to buy for a bit. I think I'm actually torturing myself intentionally waiting so long to put in orders. :roll:

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 8:13 pm
Posts: 668
Joined: Aug 28th 07 5:32 pm
Location: Northeast Georgia

by henley » Jul 16th 08 8:13 pm

Chip wrote:My open Japanese greens are getting low and/or few.
Guess you'll just have to drink more oolong! Image Wouldn't you agree, Victoria?

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 8:19 pm
Posts: 20
Joined: Jul 7th 08 9:02 am
Location: Internet

by Seth » Jul 16th 08 8:19 pm

I am in China now, so soda is the least sweet drink you can buy here. And easiest to buy. And cannot find white tea anywhere, so I am drinking way too much coke :(

And about Japanese packaging - even Coca-Cola bottles are not normal there :)

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 8:41 pm
Posts: 263
Joined: Oct 19th 07 12:45 am
Location: Massachusetts

by Katrina » Jul 16th 08 8:41 pm

Definitely not a big soda fan here. We have ginger ale in the house for the occasional upset stomach. I will sometimes order soda in a restaurant though if I don't want alcohol since I generally fear restaurant iced tea. So, I've likely had 3 or 4 sodas this year to date.

It's been a gorgeous day here. I spent the morning at a sprinkler park with the kids which was just too much fun. I think one of the best parts about being a mom is getting to be a kid again!

Fukamushi Sencha today.
Image

FYI - "On Point" on NPR did a show on Friday called "Adventures in Tea" with David Hoffman, James Norwood Pratt, and Roy Fong. You can still download it.

Jul 16th 08 8:48 pm
Posts: 1995
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Jul 16th 08 8:48 pm

Chip wrote:Wow...bunch of coke heads!!! :lol:
My preference actually is for Diet Pepsi.

Jul 16th 08 8:49 pm
Posts: 1995
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Jul 16th 08 8:49 pm

auggy wrote:
Chip wrote:My open Japanese greens are getting low and/or few. I will remedy this situation maybe today.
Mine are too. But I'll be waiting to buy for a bit. I think I'm actually torturing myself intentionally waiting so long to put in orders. :roll:
Psh just order more. You're going to order it eventually, so why not just save yourself the agony?

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 8:55 pm
Posts: 8106
Joined: Jan 8th 08 11:00 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA

by Victoria » Jul 16th 08 8:55 pm

Pentox wrote:
Chip wrote:Wow...bunch of coke heads!!! :lol:
My preference actually is for Diet Pepsi.
Finally we agree. Now if you can just give up the green stuff.
:wink:
henley wrote:
Chip wrote:My open Japanese greens are getting low and/or few.
Guess you'll just have to drink more oolong! Image Wouldn't you agree, Victoria?
Always.

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 9:03 pm
Posts: 1005
Joined: Feb 8th 08 7:22 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

by auggy » Jul 16th 08 9:03 pm

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Chip wrote:My open Japanese greens are getting low and/or few. I will remedy this situation maybe today.
Mine are too. But I'll be waiting to buy for a bit. I think I'm actually torturing myself intentionally waiting so long to put in orders. :roll:
Psh just order more. You're going to order it eventually, so why not just save yourself the agony?
But, but, but! There are so many options! I have to decide what I want nowand what I want later!

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 9:27 pm
Posts: 53
Joined: Jun 17th 08 1:02 am
Location: Texas

by elchai » Jul 16th 08 9:27 pm

Have you noticed the most popular votes in this poll? 0-5 or more than 200 are the most popular here. May say something of the addiction rate of sodas, eh?

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 10:39 pm
Posts: 2656
Joined: May 31st 08 6:44 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Portland, OR

by Geekgirl » Jul 16th 08 10:39 pm

Katrina wrote:
Fukamushi Sencha today.
Image
Gorgeous lily, tea is nice too. Heh.

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 10:46 pm
Posts: 1143
Joined: Dec 2nd 07 10:53 pm
Location: New York

by joelbct » Jul 16th 08 10:46 pm

No soda for Joel. Corn syrup plus fizzy water in like a 1:1 ratio is just scary.

I do drink seltzer with pomegranate juice concentrate on a daily basis, however, yummy and more economical than that POM stuff.

Image + Image = Image

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 10:49 pm
Posts: 2656
Joined: May 31st 08 6:44 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Portland, OR

by Geekgirl » Jul 16th 08 10:49 pm

joelbct wrote:
I do drink seltzer with pomegranate juice concentrate on a daily basis, however-
ooo, yummy! A long time ago I had a bottled drink habit that, when I actually did the math, added about 800 calories a day to my diet. I quit that, and have been a water/coffee/tea loyalist ever since. Also, I made a deal with my brain not to count the calories in my wine/mixed drinks. That works out just fine. :lol:

Jul 16th 08 10:50 pm
Posts: 1995
Joined: Jan 14th 08 11:01 pm
Location: CA

by Pentox » Jul 16th 08 10:50 pm

auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Chip wrote:My open Japanese greens are getting low and/or few. I will remedy this situation maybe today.
Mine are too. But I'll be waiting to buy for a bit. I think I'm actually torturing myself intentionally waiting so long to put in orders. :roll:
Psh just order more. You're going to order it eventually, so why not just save yourself the agony?
But, but, but! There are so many options! I have to decide what I want nowand what I want later!
Order what you want now now, and order what you want later later. So many options means you need to get ordering!

Anything you're particularly thinking of trying?

User avatar
Jul 16th 08 11:55 pm
Posts: 242
Joined: Jul 3rd 08 10:29 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Darjeeling

by orguz » Jul 16th 08 11:55 pm

Salsero wrote:I’m beginning to believe that a country’s packaging speaks volumes about the national identity. For example, those of you who have received packages from Japan or even read the Japanese sections of this forum know that country has taken packaging to the level of an art form. Packages from China and Malaysia also have their own special characters.

I work for the postal service here in the great white north, packages arriving from the indian subcontinent all come wrapped in cotton or similar cloth. Some parcels look like pillows. :P

Jul 17th 08 12:15 am
Posts: 136
Joined: Jun 9th 08 1:36 am
Location: Cape Cod Massachusetts

by laran7 » Jul 17th 08 12:15 am

I lived on them as a teenager - and gave them up when I gave up smoking. (A long time ago.)

I had a soda the other day during a small show at work. I was surprised at how uninteresting it tasted ( Classic Coke! ). I just wanted something cold - and the ice drew me in.

:roll: