FRIDAY TeaDay 7/18/08 Has your brewing changed?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Brewing question revisited. How do you brew? Has it changed since the same time last year?

My brewing methods have not changed
22%
My brewing methods have changed
45%
I am a newbie of less than one year, but since I started, yes, my methods have changed
24%
I am a newbie of less than one year, but my methods have not changed
6%
Other
2%

Total votes: 49

Jul 18th, '08, 12:30

by augie » Jul 18th, '08, 12:30

Fabulous picture Oliverco! He saved the best for when he wasn't around.

It's going to be a major iced tea weekend. Going to be HOT here in Indy and my brand-new clothes dryer is broken again! :twisted: Not looking forward to spending a 90 degree Saturday washing my clothes with a bunch of smokers. It's going to cost big $$ and I'll come home with piles of cigarette stenched clothes and towels. :?

Jul 18th, '08, 12:36

by hop_goblin » Jul 18th, '08, 12:36

I am begning to give sheng and shu an extra rinse.

Jul 18th, '08, 12:51

by chamekke » Jul 18th, '08, 12:51

kymidwife wrote:I'm cringing with morbid curiousity at what Marmite might taste like. :shock:
Sarah, Marmite is salty and has a wonderful underlying flavour that I'm told is very
umami. It's a little surprising when you first try it, but I developed a taste for Marmite very quickly :D
kymidwife wrote:Nutella, I am all too familiar with... keep a jar in my fridge most of the time. I learned to refrigerate it because I had a jar that got sort of lost in the back of my pantry shelf, and it was a bit rancid.
:shock: I cannot even imagine a jar of Nutella getting lost in my household, much less sitting around long enough to go rancid. It's the Miraculous Disappearing Nut Spread!

P.S. Edited for messed-up tags. Grrr... morning brain.
Last edited by chamekke on Jul 18th, '08, 12:58, edited 4 times in total.

Jul 18th, '08, 12:55

by elchai » Jul 18th, '08, 12:55

My brewing methods changed a little. I went from boiling in a pot to a tea kettle. And Im getting better about my measurements so I get the most out of my tea!

Today I had Birthday tea with milk and honey! BIG YUM!

Jul 18th, '08, 12:56

by chamekke » Jul 18th, '08, 12:56

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:No new photo today (yet), but I couldn't resist posting the tea-troupe from my photo-fun yesterday:

I think that little green is plotting something. :shock: :lol:
For some reason I had a flash of the next photo in the sequence: your Poppets queue up for the high board while Poppet #1 bobs up and down in the "pool".

That tea looks awfully inviting, you know!

Jul 18th, '08, 12:59

by chamekke » Jul 18th, '08, 12:59

auggy wrote:And in kitty news, the Big Girl has added one whole pound since Monday. YAY for eating!
That's fantastic! Sounds like she might really be on the mend :D
auggy wrote:Of course, she's also now peeing in the middle of the bathroom floor at night. So not cool. I think that is her way of expressing displeasure at the level of litter in her box, so we added more.
I kind of think it's a good sign if she's feeling well enough to being "expressive" :wink:

Jul 18th, '08, 13:30

by auggy » Jul 18th, '08, 13:30

Pentox wrote:Psh, tinting adds like 15hp, just like stickers should add another 1 each.
Hehe! I thought my car was more powerful today! :) It's parked right outside my window at work and I keep sneaking peeks. It looks so purty! Of course, it was purty even without the tinting. And total bonus - they washed it and vacuumed it out!
chamekke wrote:
auggy wrote:Of course, she's also now peeing in the middle of the bathroom floor at night. So not cool. I think that is her way of expressing displeasure at the level of litter in her box, so we added more.
I kind of think it's a good sign if she's feeling well enough to being "expressive" :wink:
Yep! I'd much rather have attitude-kitty than dying-kitty any day! Even if my bath mats have to be washed daily! Of course, non-floor-piddling-kitty-that-is-still-eating would be the best kitty of all. :lol:

Jul 18th, '08, 13:33

by Pentox » Jul 18th, '08, 13:33

auggy wrote: Yep! I'd much rather have attitude-kitty than dying-kitty any day! Even if my bath mats have to be washed daily! Of course, non-floor-piddling-kitty-that-is-still-eating would be the best kitty of all. :lol:
I think I would opt for non-floor-piddling-kitty-that-is-still-eating-that-does-housework-for-you-and-is-hypoallergenic-and -ringworm-free-and-goes-to-work-for-you kitty would be best. I want one of those.

Jul 18th, '08, 13:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 18th, '08, 13:34

All this Marmite talk...I feel like I awoke today in a Star Trek episode. I have never heard of it, yet I feel like I am the only one. Maybe this is one of the alternate universe episodes. :lol:

My brewing methods have changed somewhat. I use a gaiwan for mostly everything non Japanese...and use more leaf generally for every tea. The gaiwan use is the biggest (and best) change though.

This morning, Adagio Yunnan...Nepal FF...getting low on this.

Now one of my fave sencha of all time...Yutaka Midori. This is really good this year.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 18th, '08, 13:37

by auggy » Jul 18th, '08, 13:37

Pentox wrote:I think I would opt for non-floor-piddling-kitty-that-is-still-eating-that-does-housework-for-you-and-is-hypoallergenic-and -ringworm-free-and-goes-to-work-for-you kitty would be best. I want one of those.
:lol: Yes, I'll take one of those, too please!

But I think they might be called "kids". :shock:

:wink:

Jul 18th, '08, 13:39

by auggy » Jul 18th, '08, 13:39

Chip wrote:All this Marmite talk...I feel like I awoke today in a Star Trek episode. I have never heard of it, yet I feel like I am the only one. Maybe this is one of the alternate universe episodes. :lol:
Chip, you are not alone! I haven't heard of it either and every time I read it, I think "marmot".
Yeah, really don't want to put that on toast.

Jul 18th, '08, 13:44

by Pentox » Jul 18th, '08, 13:44

auggy wrote:
Chip wrote:All this Marmite talk...I feel like I awoke today in a Star Trek episode. I have never heard of it, yet I feel like I am the only one. Maybe this is one of the alternate universe episodes. :lol:
Chip, you are not alone! I haven't heard of it either and every time I read it, I think "marmot".
Yeah, i think it would be better in a sandwich roll.

Jul 18th, '08, 13:50

by Chip » Jul 18th, '08, 13:50

auggy wrote:
LOL...agreed! I can't get some kind of alien parasite, that not only takes over one's body, but mind as well,...out of my head.

Attack of the Marmites!!! I guess they would be from Mars?
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 18th, '08, 13:57

by Victoria » Jul 18th, '08, 13:57

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Image

I think that little green is plotting something. :shock: :lol:
Yes definitely she is in cahoots with Chip, I just know it!!

That's me in the burgundy looking pleafully at the camera with my best "I'm not drinking this Kool-aid" expression.

We have those Golden Marmots here in CA in the higher elevations.
I never heard of Marmite either.

Jul 18th, '08, 14:10

by chamekke » Jul 18th, '08, 14:10

Good guess, Chip. There's a cutaway shot in "Mirror Mirror" which has had the fans buzzing for years:

"It appears to be an object of worship from Bizarro Vulcan, Captain!"