Sunday TeaRoom TeaDay 7/27/08 While sipping tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What do like to do this time of year while sipping tea?

Reading
13%
Listen to music
9%
Watch TV
9%
Sit quietly contemplating every sip
19%
Computer stuff
32%
Hang out at TeaChat
11%
A hobby or craft
2%
Other
6%

Total votes: 47

Jul 27th, '08, 20:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 27th, '08, 20:43

It has been a quiet TeaDay so far...hope we can change that a bit.

Sencha Super Premo is sweetening my cup right now...best session so far. I went through the first 3 steeps very quickly and looking forward to the next 2.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 27th, '08, 20:43

by Victoria » Jul 27th, '08, 20:43

Well green is on my mind this afternoon,
nice day for Hatsumi. Thanks Henley!

Very quiet day here, enjoying tea.

Jul 27th, '08, 21:26

by henley » Jul 27th, '08, 21:26

Victoria wrote:Well green is on my mind this afternoon,
nice day for Hatsumi. Thanks Henley!
You're welcome! Sounds so good, think I'll join you!

Jul 27th, '08, 22:44

by Trioxin » Jul 27th, '08, 22:44

I'm usually watching cartoon network while drinking tea. I'm a 32 year old child.

Currently drinking Risheehat Flowery SFTGFOP-1Clonal 2nd flush Darjeeling thanks to Sal.

Jul 27th, '08, 22:59

by Katrina » Jul 27th, '08, 22:59

Carnelian wrote:Lately I've been knitting like a madwoman. This happens almost every summer, maybe I subconsiously think that piling up sweaters and socks it will make cool weather come faster. So I sip while I knit.
I was undecided and originally put "reading" but I think knitting would be a more accurate answer of late. I too get in absurd knitting frenzies in the summer. Right now I'm working on 2 sweaters and 2 pair of socks.

I've been traveling so the tea situation has been pretty darned sad. We were up in central Maine and it is very hard to find decent tea. I packed a bunch, but it's just not the same without good teaware. I managed to find a place with loose leaf tea and got some pumpkin spice chai. That was a great relief. Glad to be home now though.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jul 27th, '08, 22:59

by augie » Jul 27th, '08, 22:59

Trioxin wrote:I'm usually watching cartoon network while drinking tea. I'm a 32 year old child.
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends rocks at my house. it's not on much anymore. :cry: Kids won't watch Naruto.

This afternoon my son and I were watching a documentary on HBO about the sale of children in China. We fell asleep and woke up to Edward Scissorhands! I didn't understand that movie at all in 1990. After watching Sweeney Todd two weeks ago, it makes more sense. . . Anyway, I don't remember what I had iced, but I like watching movies or reading while drinking tea.

Jul 27th, '08, 23:46

by Zodduska » Jul 27th, '08, 23:46

PC Gaming :)

Jul 28th, '08, 00:37

by BonBon » Jul 28th, '08, 00:37

I chose to go with computer stuff. Lately I've been doing some gongfu-ish stuff and watching Arrested Development on Hulu. And sometimes I read and sometimes I'm working on projects. A lot of the time involves a computer.

But sometimes I like to just sit around and read or think with my tea. Sometimes in silence, sometimes with music.

Tonight I've actually gone back from some Yutaka Midori. I've been doing pu-erh so much lately that when I went to put my tea into my kyuusu it almost didn't look right to me. Fortunately I haven't completely forgotten how to do green tea. :oops:

Jul 28th, '08, 11:32

by Chip » Jul 28th, '08, 11:32

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Computer + teachat for me.

Oolong in my cup this morning, but I'll be switching to GREEN in about 10 minutes. :wink:

I love celadon...technically have none. Part of reason I have not purchased any is because of viewing the tea in a green cup has been a hang up for me. But looking at your picture, I realize that simply should NOT be a factor. The tea seems to display very nicely.

Thanx for sharing yet another picture of this cup and opening my eyes and mind to possibilities.

Jul 28th, '08, 12:02

by Geekgirl » Jul 28th, '08, 12:02

Chip wrote:
I love celadon...technically have none. Part of reason I have not purchased any is because of viewing the tea in a green cup has been a hang up for me. But looking at your picture, I realize that simply should NOT be a factor. The tea seems to display very nicely.

Thanx for sharing yet another picture of this cup and opening my eyes and mind to possibilities.
Chip, I think matching the color of the tea to the cup in order to enhance the appearance is a worthy pursuit. FWIW, japanese greens just do not look right in this cup. But the darker teas are lovely, and of course chinese greens and whites too.

Jul 28th, '08, 12:04

by Chip » Jul 28th, '08, 12:04

That makes a lot of sense. Since I drink a lot of Japanese greens of course, I was really hung up over it. Thanx again.

I drink enough other teas to justify it.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 28th, '08, 12:15

by Geekgirl » Jul 28th, '08, 12:15

Sencha in celadon:

The cup looks good, but the tea, which on that day was that lovely brilliant green, just looks a little flat or subdued.

Jul 28th, '08, 12:48

by Victoria » Jul 28th, '08, 12:48

I love this cup so much, unfortunately I have been wanting it for a very long time, but the seller wiill not ship to California.

It's simply gorgeous geek.
And the sencha looks lovely too.

Jul 28th, '08, 19:14

by laran7 » Jul 28th, '08, 19:14

In the evening - I sip my Oolong tea with honey, sometimes milk now - and catch up with things on the computer. It's my break time - and then , re energized if need be - I finish up more demanding chores.

I like to cook - soups and bread - things that start overnight. Herbs and bean s for soup - slow rising dough in the refridgerator. I'll be happy when the fall and winter are here. Then I will sip my tea and cook.