Monday 8/11/08 How do you rate Chinese teas overall?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Taking EVERYTHING into consideration, how do you rate Chinese teas overall?

5 I rate them THE highest of all teas
19%
4 I rate them very highly, on par or better than almost all teas
57%
3 Average
15%
2 Below average
2%
1 I rate them lowest of all teas
No votes
Other
6%

Total votes: 47

Aug 11th, '08, 23:07

by Cinnamon Kitty » Aug 11th, '08, 23:07

I went with average, though I could have picked "on par" as well. Even though I love Wuyi Oolongs, the other three Chinese tea types that I have tried have not been my favorites, so I figure that it probably averages out somewhere in there. The ranking could probably go up when I try other Chinese teas, especially if I find others that I love.

Today's teas were Organic Monk's Blend, Hashiri Shincha, and Blood Orange Rooibos.

Victoria: that is a gorgeous cup!

Aug 11th, '08, 23:23

by Space Samurai » Aug 11th, '08, 23:23

While Japanese tea so completely fullfills my every need and desire when it comes to green tea, I think Chinese tea is number one with everything else.

Bought and received my first bing of puerh today, a shu from Rishi:

The stuff is all right. Not bad, but nothing exciting. No nuances or depth or vevlety goodness. Messing around with the bing is kind of fun, and it is a change of pace, nor was it expensive, but...

Aug 11th, '08, 23:24

by henley » Aug 11th, '08, 23:24

Geekgirl - That pot looks tiny! I like the color, though.

Victoria - Nice new cup. The color is great! Reminds me of celadon.

Ended the day trying Peach Oolong. It was okay but I like the Peach White much better. Will do some mixing w/other oolongs & see what happens.

Aug 11th, '08, 23:58

by kymidwife » Aug 11th, '08, 23:58

henley wrote:Ended the day trying Peach Oolong. It was okay but I like the Peach White much better. Will do some mixing w/other oolongs & see what happens.
Try mixing Peach White and Peach Oolong together, 50/50... makes a bit more full-bodied tea than White alone, and a softer, brighter profile than the Oolong alone .... or I also mix my Peach Oolong with my TKY when I only want a splash of flavor and more of an oolong taste.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Aug 12th, '08, 02:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 12th, '08, 02:14

Ending a pretty good TeaDay with Rishi's version of TeaFlowers. I was really concerned how different the dry aroma was when I opened the bag. But seems good.

The bag has pu-erh right up there in big print on the front of the bag. This requires some more research. Perhaps the much older Upton flowers that I had for several years were actually aging and improving the last few years???
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 12th, '08, 03:54

by omegapd » Aug 12th, '08, 03:54

Victoria wrote:Last tea of the day - ToT Alishan -
in my newFred Parker Pottery Tea Bowl.
Fred seems like a nice guy and lives kinda close to me. Between me and Henley at least. We've talked over emails and he's not having much luck selling his wares in local shops around here (which doesn't surprise me at all) so places like etsy.com are ideal for him. I've yet to buy anything from him, but may in the future. He's got some interesting designs, that's for sure. Congrats V!

EW