Friday TeaDay 8/15/08 Coffee vs. Tea

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How much coffee in relation to tea do you consume currently?

100% tea. You are perfect!
52%
90% tea/10% coffee. Almost perfect!
27%
80% tea/20% coffee. You are nearing perfection!
7%
70% tea/30% coffee. You are on the right forum, congrats!
5%
60% tea/40% coffee. Come on, give up the bean!
2%
50% tea/50% coffee. You want to be saved, right?
7%
40% tea/60% coffee. You can be saved!
No votes
30% tea/70% coffee. You are beyond hope!
No votes
20% tea/80% coffee. You just like to hang around Tea people?
No votes
10% tea/90% coffee. You know this is TeaChat, right?
No votes
0% tea/100% coffee. Why are you even reading this?
No votes

Total votes: 56

Aug 15th, '08, 13:51

by VinceBLG » Aug 15th, '08, 13:51

I love a good espresso and I have coffee almost every day. Not run of the mill coffee but freshly roasted coffee using beans from great growers. I'm lucky I have a good roaster where I live to get beans from. Espresso is a big hobby of mine as well.
Regards,

Vincent

www.BeanLeafGrape.com

Aug 15th, '08, 13:54

by charizzi » Aug 15th, '08, 13:54

I generally drink black tea or coffee in the mornings then have tea for the rest of the day. I'm not a morning person and sometimes need something very strong...

Aug 15th, '08, 14:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Dizzwave » Aug 15th, '08, 14:15

Wow, so many 100%ers!
I used to love the bean... and then couldn't handle the caffeine.. so I drank a lot of decaf, til my acupuncturist told me that even that was not good for my specific constitution (it apparently isn't just the coffee caffeine, it's the coffee itself).
So now.... 100% tea, all day!
Right now.... 2008 Nan Tou Zhu Shan "Huang Jing" Golden Oolong

Aug 15th, '08, 14:39

by Chip » Aug 15th, '08, 14:39

I think if I ever drank coffee, it would be expresso. I like the small cups! :lol:

I once bought coffee beans knowing I would never brew them, simply because I loved the aroma of the beans. Aren't coffee beans supposed to aide in smelling somehow? I remember seeing a sales person in a perfume department offering coffee beans to a customer after smelling one perfume and before smelling another???

I am really enjoying the Fukamushi Supreme a la O-Cha right now. I increased the leaf and shortened the time a bit. The is TeaExpresso! Pretty intense.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 15th, '08, 14:46

by Victoria » Aug 15th, '08, 14:46

Chip wrote:I think if I ever drank coffee, it would be expresso. I like the small cups! :lol:

I once bought coffee beans knowing I would never brew them, simply because I loved the aroma of the beans. Aren't coffee beans supposed to aide in smelling somehow? I remember seeing a sales person in a perfume department offering coffee beans to a customer after smelling one perfume and before smelling another???

I am really enjoying the Fukamushi Supreme a la O-Cha right now. I increased the leaf and shortened the time a bit. The is TeaExpresso! Pretty intense.
Yes, coffee beans are routinely used to "cleanse" the palate when sniffing perfumes.

Figures you like small cups!! Now if there was only GREEN coffee!!

In my work cup this afternoon - more AliShan, really enjoyable.

Aug 15th, '08, 14:52

by Chip » Aug 15th, '08, 14:52

Victoria wrote:
Chip wrote:I think if I ever drank coffee, it would be expresso. I like the small cups! :lol:

Coffee beans are routinely used to "cleanse" the palate when sniffing perfumes.

Figures you like small cups!! Now if there was only GREEN coffee!!
Ewwww ... well, there are green hotdogs. :shock:

TeaChat Sencha Dogs
Last edited by Chip on Aug 15th, '08, 15:34, edited 2 times in total.

Aug 15th, '08, 15:00

by augie » Aug 15th, '08, 15:00

Chip wrote: Ewwww ... well, there are green hotdogs. :shock:

TeaChat Sencha Dogs
:shock: That, is a nasty looking green weenie!

Has the 100 & something day picture streak been broken for Salsero? I suppose he's allowed a sick day every now and then. . . .

Aug 15th, '08, 15:32

by kongni » Aug 15th, '08, 15:32

That's NAS-TAY!!!!

So if I eat coffee flavored hotdogs a few times a week does that count as being a 10% coffee consumer? :wink:

Aug 15th, '08, 16:24

by Chip » Aug 15th, '08, 16:24

kongni wrote:That's NAS-TAY!!!!

So if I eat coffee flavored hotdogs a few times a week does that count as being a 10% coffee consumer? :wink:
It is amazing how much coffee flavored stuff is out there, you never know! I vaguely remember a discussion on coffee flavored tea. :shock:

Aug 15th, '08, 17:00

Coffee and Tea

by android73 » Aug 15th, '08, 17:00

I have always been a coffee drinker over Tea. That is until recently, upon discovering Oolong and Puerh teas! I drink coffee every morning. I grind beans fresh and brew in a cafetiere French press(which makes the best traditional cup of coffee hands down!) I also have a great espresso machine which I drink straight espresso, cappucino, or a nice cafe machiotto(espresso with a spoonful of frothed milk over the top!). Damn! I would say now that I love coffee and tea equally. Today I am drinking a D'Aquino Cafe Espresso which I bought from Trader Joe's and 2004 Nanjian Phoenix Superior Grade Yunnan Tuocha from Puerh Shop. Cheers everyone!

Andrew

Aug 15th, '08, 17:27

by bronzebed » Aug 15th, '08, 17:27

went to one of the top rated tea houses in my state today and had keemun tea. i have to say, it was a rather uninspiring cup of tea. the food was fabulous and the decorations were nice but the tea was not great. was a good day though, my mom had lots of fun and i picked up this little guy at an antique shop:

Aug 15th, '08, 17:54

by Victoria » Aug 15th, '08, 17:54

bronzebed wrote:went to one of the top rated tea houses in my state today and had keemun tea. i have to say, it was a rather uninspiring cup of tea. the food was fabulous and the decorations were nice but the tea was not great. was a good day though, my mom had lots of fun and i picked up this little guy at an antique shop:

It seems to me tea houses in general are more ambiance and the ritual of English afternoon tea, and less about the tea.

On my 2nd steep of the AliShan.

Aug 15th, '08, 17:58

by bronzebed » Aug 15th, '08, 17:58

i think you are right for the most part but i have visited a few places with exceptional tea. in those cases the food was generally not as good. most people don't seem to notice the quality of tea. i'm looking to open up a tea house but i worry that purchasing the good stuff would be more of waste.

Aug 15th, '08, 18:18

by Chip » Aug 15th, '08, 18:18

Nice cup bronzebed!

This would be a good teaday topic. TeaHouses seem to miss the mark one way or the other. Either an emphasis on tea or on food. There are not enough around here to make this assumption in general. So, I will add the IMHO.

Currently enjoying a nice Yutaka Midori with some Karigane thrown in. The Karigane adds a nice added dimension to the cup. Very nice actually.

Aug 15th, '08, 18:25

by lastcoyote » Aug 15th, '08, 18:25

Victoria wrote:Figures you like small cups!! Now if there was only GREEN coffee!!
...well of course coffee actually is green. only turns brown when roasted :)
though i'd not be keen on trying to drink it green..yuck! :roll: :)