Tuesday TeaDay 8/19/08 # of Teas daily in the Summer?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How many Teas do you have each day on average in the Summer and is it more or less than colder mnths?

1 and more during the Summer
3%
1 and less than during colder months
11%
2 and more during the Summer
14%
2 and less than during colder months
16%
3 and more during the Summer
22%
3 and less than during colder months
16%
4 and more during the Summer
8%
4 and less than during colder months
5%
5 and more during the Summer
No votes
5 land less than during colder months
No votes
More than 5 and more during the Summer
5%
More than 5 and less than during colder months
No votes

Total votes: 37

Aug 19th, '08, 21:07

Re: Breastfeeding and caffeine

by Wosret » Aug 19th, '08, 21:07

Thanks, Sarah!
kymidwife wrote:no more than 2 cups of coffee, tea, or soda a day.
That's actually my realistic goal. :mrgreen: I tried cutting it out completely, but it's just not possible for me. Right now I'm doing pretty well on 3 cups/day, with the occasional day of 2 or even 1, but I get sooo sleepy in the afternoons.

I'm hoping that the baby shower will be a tea party, actually!

Also, midwives are awesome. The world needs more of you.

Aug 19th, '08, 21:10
Scrolling: scrolling

Breastfeeding FTW

by Salsero » Aug 19th, '08, 21:10

kymidwife wrote: I'm a major breastfeeding advocate... breastmilk is to babies as exquisite tea is to US... the perfect beverage.
Me too, and I've never even been a mom. Nice analogy kymidwife, very poetic!

Finally finished that Dante Puerh and I am more impressed this time than last. Now, what to do for the second tea of the day? Leftovers from last night or something fresh? Figuring out what to drink is just crippling for me sometimes. I will delay my next cup for hours mostly because I am avoiding the decision making process.

Aug 19th, '08, 21:51

Re: Breastfeeding FTW

by kymidwife » Aug 19th, '08, 21:51

Salsero wrote:Me too, and I've never even been a mom. Nice analogy kymidwife, very poetic!
Ok... just please promise me one thing...

Should you decide to reconsider motherhood... please allow me to be your midwife. I simply MUST see how the child will make its appearance. And we'd both get our pics in People Magazine.

Of course, you'll have to breastfeed...

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Aug 19th, '08, 21:53

Re: Breastfeeding and caffeine

by kymidwife » Aug 19th, '08, 21:53

Wosret wrote:Also, midwives are awesome. The world needs more of you.
Wow, thanks for the compliment! And thanks for indulging my unsolicited advice. :) I have to be careful not to get preachy about things I feel very strongly about!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Aug 19th, '08, 22:09

by bronzebed » Aug 19th, '08, 22:09

so today i had yunnan royal gold for lunch & matcha for dinner. after reading all the resources that were posted the other day, the tea came out a bit better but it still needs some work. one more question, how long is the foam supposed to stay for? here's my latest attempt at matcha:

Aug 19th, '08, 22:55

Re: Panyong Congou Black

by orguz » Aug 19th, '08, 22:55

Salsero wrote:Panyong = Tanyang = (坦洋) a Fu'an village famous for its hongcha.
Congou = hong cha (corruption of Gong Fu)
Babelcarp = The next best thing to being Chinese. I have never met Lew Perin, but he is the closest thing to a TeaSaint that I can imagine.

The rose is Penelope and I’m not going to bore you with that story again. The cup is just to show you I have some girly cups even if they aren’t as nice as Henley’s and Geekgirl’s. It says Royal Vale on the bottom.

hello salsero,

i bought the exact same canister of red tea about 2 weeks ago for 4.50CAD at an asian foodmart. how do you like it? i only had it twice, once in a 80cc yixing pot whick tasted good, and the second time in a gaiwan which tasted so so. how did you steep yours if i may ask?

Aug 19th, '08, 23:06

by Riene » Aug 19th, '08, 23:06

I drink the same amount of tea for breakfast--two cups--year round. My other tea consumption depends on the season--more iced tea in the summer, more hot tea in the winter--later in the day.

Work is insane at the moment and I can't even find the time to get here to post. :( I miss the teachat.

Aug 19th, '08, 23:20

Re: Panyong Congou Black

by Salsero » Aug 19th, '08, 23:20

orguz wrote: I bought the exact same canister of red tea about 2 weeks ago for 4.50CAD
I bought this 200 gram can for $7.99US from Puerhshop. I like the can more than the tea, but all I wanted was an everyday tea to drink in the tea-hostile environment of my office, so I am happy with it. My tasting notes include:
  • 3.0 gr in 6 oz preheated mug, temp: off boil, infusions: 3 m, 5 m
    Dark color in mug. Taste is more fruity than chocolate or cocoa,
    not sweet. Not particularly good, but acceptable.
I don't usually brew my red teas gong fu style, but it might shine more that way. Also, from me "not sweet" is a compliment to a red tea, as I don't like the very sweet ones. If you've got a better brewing idea, I am interested.

Aug 19th, '08, 23:23

by Geekgirl » Aug 19th, '08, 23:23

bronzebed wrote:the tea came out a bit better but it still needs some work. one more question, how long is the foam supposed to stay for? here's my latest attempt at matcha:
Looks pretty good. :) I don't suppose the foam lasts very long, matcha is not really meant to be sipped. At any rate, there's usually some foam left in the bowl when I finish mine.

Aug 19th, '08, 23:26

by Chip » Aug 19th, '08, 23:26

chamekke wrote:
Chip wrote:Nice tin, Geek!!! You know those are a weak spot for me. I have bought more than my share of undrinkable tea just for the tin.
I'm still dying to see your tea tin collection, Chip! If the prospect of photographing the lot is intimidating, maybe you can post one photo at a time. I'm very curious to see what these Chinese tins look like.

Someone in our office has contributed a container of Huang Shan Mao Feng tea to the "anyone can have this" tea area. No idea whose it is - the only English on the label says Product of France! I'm not sure how fresh it is, but I'm going to give it a try come lunch time.
Yeah, I knew I was going to hear it when I mentioned Geek's tin. :oops: I am going to have to hire a TeaPhotographer. :wink: I think about taking photos all the time to be honest, tea, teaware, and yes, tins.

That is kind of unusual that someone brought Huang Shan Mao Feng to your office. Is there another tea enthusiast in your midst?

Finishing the TeaDay with Rishi's Ancient Tea Tree Flowers. Very nice!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 20th, '08, 00:42

by bronzebed » Aug 20th, '08, 00:42

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
bronzebed wrote:the tea came out a bit better but it still needs some work. one more question, how long is the foam supposed to stay for? here's my latest attempt at matcha:
Looks pretty good. :) I don't suppose the foam lasts very long, matcha is not really meant to be sipped. At any rate, there's usually some foam left in the bowl when I finish mine.
thanks for the compliment & the info :) this matcha is such a learning experience for me.

Aug 20th, '08, 00:55

by Salsero » Aug 20th, '08, 00:55

bronzebed wrote: this matcha is such a learning experience for me
You and us both. It's like giving birth.

As for me, I am finally enjoying my second tea of the day. The leftover 2000 CNNP Grand Red Label from last night. It's still quite good.

We now return to to the inspirational biopic: Walk Hard.

Aug 20th, '08, 01:17

by chamekke » Aug 20th, '08, 01:17

Chip wrote:
chamekke wrote:Someone in our office has contributed a container of Huang Shan Mao Feng tea to the "anyone can have this tea" area of the kitchen. No idea whose it is - the only English on the label says Product of France! I'm not sure how fresh it is, but I'm going to give it a try come lunch time.
That is kind of unusual that someone brought Huang Shan Mao Feng to your office. Is there another tea enthusiast in your midst?
I've been wondering that too. None of my three coworkers from China provided that tea, because I asked them. But there are at least four other Chinese staff on our floor, plus at least two non-Chinese who have travelled extensively in the Middle Kingdom and may have brought this tea back with them. Although admittedly, the FRANCE part of the label is a bit of a puzzler!

So there's no end of potential candidates. I'll have to hang about in the shared kitchen and interrogate everyone...

P.S. The tea was tasty, by the way. Not super-flavourful, but good.

Aug 20th, '08, 01:27

by Chip » Aug 20th, '08, 01:27

chamekke wrote: I've been wondering that too. None of my three coworkers from China provided that tea, because I asked them. But there are at least four other Chinese staff on our floor, plus at least two non-Chinese who have travelled extensively in the Middle Kingdom and may have brought this tea back with them. Although admittedly, the FRANCE part of the label is a bit of a puzzler!

So there's no end of potential candidates. I'll have to hang about in the shared kitchen and interrogate everyone...

P.S. The tea was tasty, by the way. Not super-flavourful, but good.
Wow, maybe Olivierco dropped it off for you, though that would more likely be Japanese! :D

In my years of office experience, I would be the one and only candidate for such a tea. I have only worked with "baggers." :(
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 20th, '08, 01:54

by Space Samurai » Aug 20th, '08, 01:54

Perhaps it was a gift to someone who didin't like it? Maybe the same way we serious tea drinkers get well intended tea gifts of the latest mocha berry vanilla mint rooibos blast that isn't to our liking, tea baggers get good tea and don't know what to do with it.