Tuesday TeaDay 8/26/08 Improve tea enjoyment?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Are you fully content with your tea enjoyment in its totality, entirety, wholeness, or is their something you either feel you need to or want to change in order to improve your enjoyement?

Yes, completely and utterly
34%
Maybe need a change
25%
No, I feel certain change(s) would enhance my experience
32%
Uncertain
6%
Other
4%

Total votes: 53

Aug 26th, '08, 19:35

by bronzebed » Aug 26th, '08, 19:35

Chip wrote: Tell us more about the tea shop plans, please!!! :D

And the "content with constant learning" makes perfect sense to the vast majority of TeaChatters! Otherwise, we would never change our tea interests and tea would just be a beverage.
well, so far i'm partial to the name butiki tea room. i'd be serving appetizers and some salads, sandwiches, soups, and scones. there won't be much food to start with until i get established. i hope to sell really high quality teas, though i know i will have to sell some cheaper teas too. the room will be modern style with some asian influence. i'd like to focus on high quality and fantastic service.

good point.

Aug 26th, '08, 20:51

by Ladytiger » Aug 26th, '08, 20:51

Long time no see tea people! Well no tea either unless you cout nasty Renaissance Faire Meadow Mint Tea, eww...
Ah, Renaissance Faire season. Yes I have pictures!
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/ger ... re%202008/
Enjoy.

Aug 26th, '08, 21:04
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Aug 26th, '08, 21:04

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
ABx wrote:Hmm, I wonder if GeekGirl got that from Serenity Art. It looks familliar. You definitely have to stop by SA the next time you're up here, Scruff :)
Yes indeed, that is where I found it. I won't tell you how much it cost, but it was one of my least expensive purchases ever. :P
Hehe, I know SA's prices well enough and I've mentioned them around here :) You might also check out Fubonn, the grocery store. They have some tiny (eg 1 to 2oz) gaiwans for cheap as well, one of which was a blue dragon version of the one in your picture (yours actually looks like that size, but it's hard to tell). I got a white one with gold leaf sutra and buddha, but might have to pick up one of the others :)

Aug 26th, '08, 21:36

by Smari » Aug 26th, '08, 21:36

Ladytiger wrote:Long time no see tea people! Well no tea either unless you cout nasty Renaissance Faire Meadow Mint Tea, eww...
Enjoy.
Awesome photos! looked like you had a blast! :)
Tea tea tea... I like tea...

Aug 27th, '08, 00:10

maybye need a change

by jim109 » Aug 27th, '08, 00:10

I tried Yunnan Golden Downey Pekoe this morning, think I used too much leaf or this leaf expands in an amazing way!! It was very good for a first try, will cut down on leaf next time (tomorrow AM). Jim

Aug 27th, '08, 03:19

by Chip » Aug 27th, '08, 03:19

Another very good TeaDay for me. Finishing with Spring Sprouts FTC green from Rishi.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 27th, '08, 09:09

by CynTEAa » Aug 27th, '08, 09:09

The thing that would most enhance my tea experience would be someone to brew it for me while I'm working. :) (And maybe make a sandwich or something.) I did think about the poll all day. The idea of constant learning pretty much defines what is so attractive about tea. You can never know everything there is to it - there's always more.

Bronzebed, big congrats on the tax ID for your new venture! Welcome to the biz of tea. If we can help in anyway let us know (adagio.)

Henley, ditto about the sinus thing. Bleh. And your pic is lovely!

All the gaiwan pics make me want to shop - cut it out, people! :wink:

Aug 27th, '08, 13:27

by bronzebed » Aug 27th, '08, 13:27

CynTEAa wrote: Bronzebed, big congrats on the tax ID for your new venture! Welcome to the biz of tea. If we can help in anyway let us know (adagio.)
thanks! :)

Aug 27th, '08, 15:13

by Ladytiger » Aug 27th, '08, 15:13

Smari wrote:
Ladytiger wrote:Long time no see tea people! Well no tea either unless you cout nasty Renaissance Faire Meadow Mint Tea, eww...
Enjoy.
Awesome photos! looked like you had a blast! :)
It was a very fun day. If anyone if Pennsylvania wants promo codes to order tickets online PM me and you can have them. Or if you want coupons I can mail them your way.