Thursday TeaDay 9/04/08 Crave Factor for Greens?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today, the Crave Factor is about GREEN tea. So, what is your personal crave factor for greens?

10 I cannot resist the GREENS
24%
9 I realllly realllly crave 'em, even the night before
2%
8 I realllly crave 'em
8%
7 I certainly crave them
14%
6 Yep, cravin' greens
4%
5 Maybe, though crave might be too strong a word
14%
4 I like them, maybe, but not craving them
20%
3 No, I do not crave them
8%
2 Don't really like them
6%
1 Hate them
2%

Total votes: 51

Sep 4th, '08, 12:54

by kongni » Sep 4th, '08, 12:54

I'm completely obsessed with green tea especially during shincha season. I eagerly await its arrival and feel like I'm saying goodbye for a long time to a good friend when my last bag of shincha is gone....

Sep 4th, '08, 13:01

by Pentox » Sep 4th, '08, 13:01

olivierco wrote:Uji Karigane Gyokuro "Asa-Giri" right now.
How is that one? I was just flipping past it while getting an o-cha order ready.

Sep 4th, '08, 13:03
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Sep 4th, '08, 13:03

I voted a 2 here. I know that green tea is highly popular, so it may be me, but I've yet to find one that I like. I guess I'll just stick with my blacks, oolong, rooibos, and honeybush. :)

~Cin
Last edited by Cinnamon on Sep 4th, '08, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 4th, '08, 13:03

by olivierco » Sep 4th, '08, 13:03

Pentox wrote:
olivierco wrote:Uji Karigane Gyokuro "Asa-Giri" right now.
How is that one? I was just flipping past it while getting an o-cha order ready.
Some gyokuro flavor and some aftertaste like Otsuusan sencha. Sweet and fresh at the same time.

Sep 4th, '08, 14:03
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 4th, '08, 14:03

jazz88 wrote: Yesterday I mentioned Huntington Gardens. They have an awesome tea room in the rose garden. You can see some images – tea and food they serve here: http://moodsandappetites.com And no that's not coffee in a cup, that's Keemun.
btw this is my daughter's blog (she's 17)
That is a really intense looking cuppa keemun! :shock: :D

:lol: A first hate vote since we began the crave factor. Greens are not for everyone. Which leaves more for the rest of us. :twisted:

Adagio Golden Monkey again today to start things off. And now GREEN for the rest of the day I think. Yutaka Midori shincha from O-Cha, and thinking about the next tea.

Sep 4th, '08, 14:04

by leiche » Sep 4th, '08, 14:04

4 for me. I have been known to keep some sencha, genmaicha, and hojicha on hand.

In fact, the only tea I've had so far is some genmaicha this morning.

Sep 4th, '08, 14:26

by bishopmaple » Sep 4th, '08, 14:26

three cups of gunpowder green in favor

Sep 4th, '08, 19:59

by Space Samurai » Sep 4th, '08, 19:59

I crave green tea more than any other.

Its been a coffee day. Though I'm sure I'll get to the tea later, as soon as it doesn't hurt so much to walk.

Had my first wipe out on the bike today. Came around a bend too fast and wide, applied the brakes to avoid going over the rail and headfirst into a rocky ravine, then lost control of the bike. Cought the frame in the groin, and now the inside of my thigh is swollen and both my ankles got jacked up a bit.

Still, I was in shape enough to limp/ride back--fortunately it happened on the last 3 miles of my ride, so I think I was lucky. I imagine this is only the first of many accidents to come. :D

Sep 4th, '08, 20:38

by Chip » Sep 4th, '08, 20:38

SPACE! Glad to hear you are relatively ok. Riding back after a crash can be a painful experience which I know too well.

This evening as I climbed the paved switchbacks of Mt Penn leading to the 7 floor, 100 year old Reading Pagoda atop the summit (a fav yet brutal ride), I passed a downhill bicycle team that had just come down one of the unpaved trails and were getting picked up to drive to the top and do it again. Those guys have a death wish.

Their team truck passed me as I approached the summit with the pagoda in view. I live to climb, they live to descend. There is a philosophy in their somewhere.

Yame Gyokuro before the ride and now Kunpu shincha to likely finish off a stellar TeaDay.
Last edited by Chip on Sep 4th, '08, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 4th, '08, 21:19

by RussianSoul » Sep 4th, '08, 21:19

Sorry to hear about your wipe-out, Space! I only have one serious wipe-out in my history, but I remember too well because I went flying over my bike and the bike went flying after me landing on top. Wishing for your bruises to heal fast! Drink a lot of green tea, for me it makes bruising go away faster.

I voted 7 on the day poll. Yes, I crave green tea - both Japanese and Chinese greens. I wonder if Chip will continue Craving polls into other teas, whites, puerhs, flavored, herbals... It is interesting to see what people crave.

My tea day included a new Assam Mangalam from SpecialTeas, a Matcha latte (which my husband also appreciated!), finishing Iron Goddess King gongfu session I started yesterday and a Pi Lo Chun to end the day. All over the place, but a great tea day!

Sep 4th, '08, 21:29

by henley » Sep 4th, '08, 21:29

Chip wrote::lol: A first hate vote since we began the crave factor.
And surprisingly, it wasn't me! :shock: :lol: Had this question been asked 6 mths ago, though... Rated myself a 4 but really more like a 3.5. I only drink green about once a week & there's only a few that I enjoy.

Space, sorry to hear about your accident. :( Hope you're feeling better soon! RS, my one wipeout was similar to yours but it happened when I was a teenager. I flew over the handlebars & ended up w/a broken collarbone.

Been a good tea day. Had Organic Monk's Blend w/bfast, Wuyi Ensemble w/lunch & finished off the evening w/Yutaka Midori. Gotta love variety!

Sep 4th, '08, 21:37

by scruffmcgruff » Sep 4th, '08, 21:37

Yikes! I hope you heal soon, the frame-to-the-groin thing doesn't sound too fun.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Sep 5th, '08, 00:14

by Chip » Sep 5th, '08, 00:14

RussianSoul wrote:I wonder if Chip will continue Craving polls into other teas, whites, puerhs, flavored, herbals... It is interesting to see what people crave.
You betCha! I will continue the Crave Factor for other teas probably on Monday. And then teaware, then who knows what is next. 8)
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Sep 5th, '08, 01:56

by Space Samurai » Sep 5th, '08, 01:56

Thanks all for the support.

Drinking some roasted TGY right now. It's been in my cup almost every day for the last week or so.

My day wasn't all bad. I scored a first edition of Fight Club at a second hand bookstore today, in very good condition.