Monday TeaDay 9/08/08 Craving tea at night?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

When do you CRAVE tea more, at night (when maybe you cannot have more tea) or in the morning as the water is heating for your first cup of the day.

I crave tea more at night (when maybe I cannot have more)
23%
I crave tea more in the morning as the water is heating
36%
I crave it night and morning pretty equally
39%
Other
2%

Total votes: 44

Sep 8th, '08, 14:35

by Wosret » Sep 8th, '08, 14:35

The first cup of the day is always the best for me. I really should make it more special! That's it, I think, no more tea bags for me at work. :twisted:

Right now I'm finishing off a green milk tea with tapioca bubbles. Yes, bubble tea! I had a craving, what can I say? ;)

I won't drink tea after dinner, generally. If I need a pick-me-up in the evenings, I'll have Ovaltine or cocoa.

LOVE the cat photo!
Last edited by Wosret on Sep 8th, '08, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 8th, '08, 14:37

by Pentox » Sep 8th, '08, 14:37

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Bwahahaha!!! I got up and left the room for a second. My empty matcha latte bowl was sitting on my desk. Walked back in just now and this character:

had just finished licking the bowl clean. I guess not only do "poppets like matcha latte" but CATS do too! teehee!
And later today you'll find your cat bouncing around the room like a kitty possessed by the powers that be caffeine.

Sep 8th, '08, 14:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 8th, '08, 14:50

Salsero wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Bwahahaha!!! ... I guess not only do "poppets like matcha latte"
OK, I am a little slow on the uptake, but I did finally get around to Define: Poppet on Google. What I found was more than a little disturbing, to wit:

• Witch doll. Similar to a voodoo doll. Poppets were often made from the Mandrake plant.
    A humanoid figure that is used to represent someone for a spell or other magical working.
    A doll made of clay, wax, wood, or even cloth to represent someone for the use of spellcasting.
OK, you have a black cat and you collect Poppets. Mmmm ... did I mention how enchanting your photos are today? And just where does one find good mandrake root these days?
What I want to know, who is Geek casting spells upon? :twisted:

I usually crave tea more when I cannot have it. I often am doing some night work on TeaChat and thinking how a nice cup of fresh sencha would taste. Alas, I am resigned to drinking "soggy leaf tea" consisting of tea brew from leaves that have generally already given all they can. Fortunately, I do have some low caffeine options that I can still start into the evening.

I really am craving tea as the water is making noise in the kettle in the morning. But night is when it is strongest.

Today so far, Adagio Golden Monkey to start the day off. Just finishing a 4th steep of shincha Yutaka Midori from O-Cha.

Sep 8th, '08, 14:53

by Geekgirl » Sep 8th, '08, 14:53

LOL, my poppets are a bit more benevolent than that... see here: Poppet Planet.

From the artist's description:

" Poppets are made of resin and crushed marble.

They are about 2 inches tall, from head to toe. (We're not sure if they even have toes---Lisa won't tell us!)

Poppets are made with love."

At the moment I'm enjoying the wonderful Hatsumi shincha, courtesy of Henley, who generously sent me a big enough sample that I can savor it several times. THANK YOU!!!

Sep 8th, '08, 16:45

by Selaphiel » Sep 8th, '08, 16:45

I usually have my Japanese green tea in the middle of the day/afternoon, depending on whether I'm studying at home or at the university that day. I rarely have very energizing teas later than that since I am a bit sensitive to caffeine, I often have some oolong in the evening though.

Just finished gong fuing some Da Hong Pao.

Sep 8th, '08, 16:49

by Victoria » Sep 8th, '08, 16:49

I crave tea most in the morning - have to have that first cup, ASAP!
At night, although I crave it, I've learned to deal with the fact I can't have it, so the cravings are less.

Started my busy day with some high mountain oolong from Tea Masters

I'm having the rest of it on ice now.

Have a nice day everyone.

Sep 8th, '08, 17:15

by Chip » Sep 8th, '08, 17:15

By the way, great photos Sarah, Sal and Geek!

Sencha Kunpu shincha currently. It is a very nice asamushi, but I am not crazy about the price. Roughly 40 USD for 4 ounces. I need to work on sourcing very good and affordable asamushi from Shizuoka.

Sep 8th, '08, 20:05

by leiche » Sep 8th, '08, 20:05

Great photos today, guys.

Still trying to decide if I like sencha enough to keep some on hand.

Sep 8th, '08, 20:17

by Salsero » Sep 8th, '08, 20:17

leiche wrote: Still trying to decide if I like sencha enough to keep some on hand.
Same with me and gyokuro. Sencha, however, is a no brainer. Sencha must be there. I will go for days without it; but when it's time, it's time!

Sep 8th, '08, 20:33

by Maitre_Tea » Sep 8th, '08, 20:33

I usually feel the craving for tea come on as the night goes on and my homework seems to have no end in sight. For me, drinking tea is a distraction. Why, it's distracting me right now! (Enjoying a fragrant Ali-Shan Oolong)

Sep 8th, '08, 20:34

by henley » Sep 8th, '08, 20:34

Glad you liked the Hatsumi, Geekgirl. It was the first green tea I liked. Just wish it came in smaller pkgs than 100 grams.

Kids are in bed & hubby's gone to a meeting so it's just me & the tea! :D Resteeped the Shui Xian that I started this morning. This has easily become a favorite! My cup is almost empty... Must refill!!!

Sep 8th, '08, 20:47

by Pentox » Sep 8th, '08, 20:47

Salsero wrote:
leiche wrote: Still trying to decide if I like sencha enough to keep some on hand.
Same with me and gyokuro. Sencha, however, is a no brainer. Sencha must be there. I will go for days without it; but when it's time, it's time!
I would say that Gyokuro isn't something that you need to keep on hand. I'll tack some onto an order here or there, but it's not so crucial to keep on hand at all times. I like to keep it special.

Sep 8th, '08, 20:54

by Chip » Sep 8th, '08, 20:54

I truly love a good gyokuro, but I save it for the right moment about once a week. I never force a gyokuro session simply because I have not had it. When it is time, I know it ... must be my TeaSenses tingling.

Sencha is entirely different story. I really would miss not having it every day.

Spring Sprout FTC from Rishi currently. I am going with my new Chinese green parameters that made Long Jing sing yesterday for me. 4 grams/4 ounces water for one minute. Came out quite :D good!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!