Saturday TeaDay 9/20/08 Blog writer/reader?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Tea Blogs, have one, read them, both?

I have one.
4%
I am addicted to Tea Blogs
2%
I follow one or more Tea Blogs
50%
I have a Tea Blog and also read other Tea Blogs.
21%
I neither have nor read any TeaBlogs
23%

Total votes: 52

Sep 20th, '08, 01:35
Scrolling: scrolling

Saturday TeaDay 9/20/08 Blog writer/reader?

by Chip » Sep 20th, '08, 01:35

Welcome everyone to TeaDay. I hope we can brew and share what is in our cups today, all day.

Yesterday, most responders indicated they prefered dark or extra dark chocolate. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is all about tea blogs. Do you have one, read them, both? Thanks to Victoria for the suggestion! If you have one, please feel free to give it a plug. :wink:

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone!

Sep 20th, '08, 02:48

2005 Chunming Highland Spring Tip Puerh

by Salsero » Sep 20th, '08, 02:48

I read many tea blogs on a regular basis.

The last couple days there has been some discussion in the puerh thread about the famous Elephant Butt logo of Chun Ming Tea Factory. I noticed I had this little sample of one of their products. The spent leaves of this "tippy" puerh have some tips, quite a bit of broken leaf pieces and a lot of soft stems. The color is mostly still pretty green with some oxidation marks.

The initial infusions were smooth and very agreeable. I managed to get 14 infusions out of it, but they became less interesting as I went along. A nice sample but I was not moved to purchase a whole bing.

Happy TeaDay all. Here’s hoping for a speedy post crash recovery for Chip after his nasty spill yesterday!

Sep 20th, '08, 03:12

by omegapd » Sep 20th, '08, 03:12

Nope, for tea information this is the only place I go...

Guess I gotta catch up from yesterday to hear about Chip. Glad I like those cruisers instead of racers. :wink:

EW

*edit- guess in circumstances like that, type of bike doesn't matter much. Glad you're alright.

Sep 20th, '08, 03:46

by chrl42 » Sep 20th, '08, 03:46

I am not a blogger although I do navigate some blogs.

I am thinking about making a blog, after I get my English improved and get a digital camera :shock:

Sep 20th, '08, 05:34

by olivierco » Sep 20th, '08, 05:34

I read some blogs regularly.

This morning Yunnan golden tips with my breakfast.
I also received 2008 Yunnan golden tips and Keemun Mao Feng Imperial from Palais des thés. I hope they are as good as last years.

Sep 20th, '08, 05:59

by Trey Winston » Sep 20th, '08, 05:59

chrl42 wrote: I am thinking about making a blog, after I get my English improved and get a digital camera :shock:
How about just jumping in and starting a blog right now? Your English is fully understandable as it is. Also, when you want to learn something, there's nothing quite like just doing it and thereby forcing yourself to improve. You'll learn much quicker that way, and there's no risk involved.

A digital camera is not required for a blog - some of the best blogs I know have practically no pictures.

Just my two cents' worth - I would certainly read a blog written by someone as knowledgable as you. And we all know that the world needs more tea blogs :)

Sep 20th, '08, 07:44

by augie » Sep 20th, '08, 07:44

I read a few when I can, esp. pu blogs. I rely on the kindness of others with more time than I to post interesting articles. There are so many good ones, where would you start?

My blog is mostly about my family and a few pictures of new teapots, etc. to show friends and family from far away.

Sep 20th, '08, 07:47

by augie » Sep 20th, '08, 07:47

chrl42 wrote: I am thinking about making a blog, after I get my English improved and get a digital camera :shock:
I agree with TW: your English is better than some Americans I know! You can borrow a camera . . .

Sep 20th, '08, 07:51

by auggy » Sep 20th, '08, 07:51

I read a few other tea blogs but don't have one myself. Though I do occasionally post tea-related posts on my blog.

Chip, hope you are doing okay today! I'm sorry about your bike but I'm much happier with things turning out this way than the reverse (your bike being fine but you being a pile of parts).

I went to sleep last night at 9pm. Which could explain why it is before 7 and I'm up. I'm going to a baseball game tonight (free tickets and they are having fireworks which is really the only reason I am going) and have to go grocery shopping some time before that. But I think I'll wait until the sun comes up to start my day.

Sep 20th, '08, 08:52

by Riene » Sep 20th, '08, 08:52

There needs to be another voting option, such as "I read the occasional post in tea blogs when they are called to my attention."

The only times I've ever seen or read a tea blog is when someone here posts a link to an article or entry that sounds interesting.

I do have a personal blog, and while tea is mentioned frequently, it's only meant to be read by family/friends.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Sep 20th, '08, 09:22

by tsverrir » Sep 20th, '08, 09:22

I do follow a few tea blogs.

Technically I have a tea blog, but I haven't posted anything yet. I'm planning on writing about tea in Icelandic because people here in general don't know that Oolong and puerh exists. What's holding me back? I've lost the cord to download the photos from my camera. I know, bad excuse but I really want to have beautiful pictures of tea and tea ware on my blog.

Sep 20th, '08, 09:36

by CynTEAa » Sep 20th, '08, 09:36

Blogless, but have seriously considered.

There are a few I read occasionally and really enjoy. I've not been able to follow them regularly. It is more of a time management thing and certainly not a lack of interest.

Yunnan Gold to start, of course. Next will be some sencha, second flush as soon as possible!

Happy Saturday everyone! :D

Sep 20th, '08, 09:52

by cajunwowi » Sep 20th, '08, 09:52

I read blog after blog jotting notes and try absorb everything that I'm learning. I think I am just confusing myself.

I'm nearing my end of samples and not quite sure what to try next. I thought by the time I had tried all of my current supply, I would have a better grasp as to my likes and dislikes. I've found I like everything at one time or another. As of now, I have only purchased from Adagio. I'm thinking of venturing out on the next order.

cup of Oolong #18 this morning...might try iced ginger peach this afternoon. I really didn't care for Ginger Peach hot so alittle experimentation in progress.

Sep 20th, '08, 10:10

by Selaphiel » Sep 20th, '08, 10:10

Don't have a blog myself, but I read them every now and then.

Having Sencha Yutaka Midori now. Opened a new bag today, oh the smell of fresh leaf :D

Sep 20th, '08, 10:22

by scruffmcgruff » Sep 20th, '08, 10:22

I have a tea blog, and follow some others religiously. An RSS reader helps. :) I've stopped following most vendors' blogs though; except for Imen's and (occasionally) Stéphane's, I can't say I'm too impressed with the information being put out by vendors.

In mah cup: Just4Tea roasted TGY. Yum!