Wednesday 10/08/08 Marooned on an island with 1 tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

This was asked some time ago on the forum. You are marooned on an island, and you can only have one tea, what would it be?

A black tea
23%
An oolong
28%
A green tea
25%
A white tea
7%
A pu-erh
15%
An herbal
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 61

Oct 9th, '08, 00:03
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 9th, '08, 00:03

The poll is now officially closed. :twisted:

Oct 9th, '08, 00:11

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 9th, '08, 00:11

Oolong FTW!

Oct 9th, '08, 00:17

by Chip » Oct 9th, '08, 00:17

It ain't over til I say it's over ... :wink: The green collar workers have not voted yet.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 9th, '08, 00:23

by murrius » Oct 9th, '08, 00:23

Can I vote twice? Canada does have two official languages and I submit that I should be able to vote for green tea again in French. Just to be clear, other Canadians who wish to vote twice for black or oolong teas will be prohibited from doing so. That would just be wrong.

Oct 9th, '08, 00:24

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Oct 9th, '08, 00:24

I had to go with white........I think white is a great winter time tea with all its complex warm subtle notes and it is also good cold as well......so no matter what type of island I was stuck on it would be a good choice!

*At the moment I am having a cup of some home made genmaicha.......and when I say home-made I mean I toasted the rice and I added it to a med/high grade sencha.....it is really nice if you make it yourself.....mine certainly has a more pronounced grassy note becuase I use substantially more tea than toasted rice.

-Nick (TaiPing)

Oct 9th, '08, 00:30

by chamekke » Oct 9th, '08, 00:30

Victoria wrote:Are newbies allowed to vote?
How about Canadians?
I protest!!
Ha! I'll have you know that I took part in an advance poll yesterday, and....

Oh, you mean voting on this issue. I vote for the Green Party!

Of course my desert island is completely supplied with all the tea requisites I can imagine. At the moment, my green tea of choice is gyokuro, but matcha is a close second.

Come to think of it, if the matcha can be a super-high-grade matcha for koicha, then matcha definitely gets my vote, because there's nothing as yummy as koicha!

Either way, green green green.

murrius: je peux voter aussi en français, donc je démande un deuxième vote. Quelle bonne idée :wink:

{exchanges secret handshake with Chip}

Oct 9th, '08, 03:05

by Victoria » Oct 9th, '08, 03:05

chamekke wrote:murrius: je peux voter aussi en français, donc je démande un deuxième vote. Quelle bonne idée :wink:

Chamekke dit qu'oolong est suprême. Vert est les résultats de tondeuse. Elle parle dans les contraires.
:lol:

Oct 9th, '08, 03:17

by chamekke » Oct 9th, '08, 03:17

Victoria wrote:
chamekke wrote:murrius: je peux voter aussi en français, donc je démande un deuxième vote. Quelle bonne idée :wink:

Chamekke dit qu'oolong est suprême. Vert est les résultats de tondeuse. Elle parle dans les contraires.
:lol:
Pas de tondeuse! Méchante menteuse! Je utilise un combine harvester!

Sacro-iliac!

:wink:

Oct 9th, '08, 03:33

by Victoria » Oct 9th, '08, 03:33

HA! So she admits it!

To loosely quote the Wizard:
Pay no attention to that woman behind the noren.

I couldn't sleep so a steep of Heirloom Flowers
finished off my day. Now with Oolong in the
rightful lead, I shall drift off peacefully, no doubt.

Nytol.

Oct 9th, '08, 08:41

by Chip » Oct 9th, '08, 08:41

:shock:

Resistance is futile (spoken with a deep French accent)

(returns secret handshake to Chamekke and prepares another cup of nanoprobes)
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 9th, '08, 10:34

by auggy » Oct 9th, '08, 10:34

Victoria wrote:
geeber1 wrote:
auggy wrote:Does anyone know a free way to check people's records myself? The state of Texas has a search but it's costs like $3.00 per search (well, excluding the sex offenders database which is free).
Auggy, maybe you could expense background checks along with pepper spray. Your pastor should be ashamed of himself for putting you in that kind of position. Not a very good shepherd, I would say.

I would definitely expense it out along with the background checks. I do not have paroles working here - HOWEVER - my office is right next door to State Parole. They are lined up outside in the morning and in addition to checking me out - they also know I am alone, since my car is the only one in the parking lot. But I was provided with pepper spray, and I have 911 programmed in on the phone and I have a silent alarm. I just hope they are on their good behavior if they are checking in with parole and would not do something stupid right next door. But you never know, I am always on guard.
Victoria, wow. That does not sound like a fun set up.

The church does do background checks, but no one is informed of what they turn up. So maybe I need to see if I can get in the cabinet with the background checks. Though I did find that Dallas county has some records of past charges, which helped me find out that apparently the maintenance guy that likes heroin also has a history of check fraud. Sigh. I don't even have a lock on my desk.

Oct 9th, '08, 11:01

by chamekke » Oct 9th, '08, 11:01

auggy wrote:The church does do background checks, but no one is informed of what they turn up. So maybe I need to see if I can get in the cabinet with the background checks. Though I did find that Dallas county has some records of past charges, which helped me find out that apparently the maintenance guy that likes heroin also has a history of check fraud. Sigh. I don't even have a lock on my desk.
auggy, I caught that discussion after posting my silly/French replies (I have a bad habit of starting at the end of a thread and working backwards!).

Personally? I would refuse to work/volunteer for any group, religious/charitable or otherwise, that risked my safety like that. Of course it's nice that your church pastor feels compassion and responsibility for these ex-cons. But where is his compassion and responsibility towards the rest of you?

Your pastor may need to have the hard experience of having some of his best people walking out before he takes this seriously. There are ways of bringing ex-cons back into the community, but it needs to be done with plenty of up-front common sense and with all eyes wide open. The situation he has placed you in is disgraceful.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Oct 9th, '08, 13:01
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Oct 9th, '08, 13:01

My favorite is oolong. Even though I also love green, I can't help voting for oolong :P
However, I've heard so many people commenting that, compared with traditional oolong, modern oolong has been largely green-ized. So it's really hard to say which wins between green and oolong :P
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

Oct 9th, '08, 15:09

by auggy » Oct 9th, '08, 15:09

chamekke wrote:Personally? I would refuse to work/volunteer for any group, religious/charitable or otherwise, that risked my safety like that. Of course it's nice that your church pastor feels compassion and responsibility for these ex-cons. But where is his compassion and responsibility towards the rest of you?
I so agree! DH is also not a fan of the current way the senior pastor is doing things here. DH agreed when I said that if another incident happens like Friday where I was left alone with the guy, regardless of whether the pastor says he has a history of violence (he doesn't, but addicts do a lot of things that aren't in character), I should no longer work here.

The pastor things that because he trusts these guys, everyone else should, too and thus their past isn't even an issue. However, I maintain that 1 - he trusts too easily and 2 - people can and will act out of character when they are on drugs, drinking, etc.

BTW, I very much enjoyed the foreign language posts. They made me giggle - even if I had to get Google to translate them for me first. :)