80/90's Yixing & Hand-signed Hokujo (free tea w/ purchase)

Tea or pot doesn't float your boat? Find it a new home here.

Jun 21st, '17, 09:16

Re: 80/90's Yixing & Hand-signed Hokujo (free tea w/ purchase)

by Ferg » Jun 21st, '17, 09:16

Lowering the price to $100 through this evening as I'd like to ship them all out together. I'll throw $50 my way towards the donation. To rescind the offer upon leaving for the post office. Thanks again for your consideration!

Jun 21st, '17, 16:35

by dizzo » Jun 21st, '17, 16:35

Jeez!
Fine...ill take it

Jun 21st, '17, 16:40

by victoria3 » Jun 21st, '17, 16:40

dizzo wrote: Jeez!
Fine...ill take it
Very cool! So you know these proceeds are to benefit Chip's family thanks to Ferg's generosity, Chip has put in thousands of hours making teachat what it is today :D

Jun 21st, '17, 16:43

by dizzo » Jun 21st, '17, 16:43

Glad to do my part. Its way huge! May never use it, but Ive only got 2 other pots. I will learn what an f1 zini is like.
Ill fill it half way :lol:

Jun 21st, '17, 16:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Jun 21st, '17, 16:57

dizzo wrote: Jeez!
Fine...ill take it
:lol: :lol:

Well done my friend!

Jun 21st, '17, 18:00

by Ferg » Jun 21st, '17, 18:00

Thank you everyone for your support! Much appreciated.

Always takes a push for me to get started in packing teapots. Have to be in the mood to do it. Well, this was a nice fortune cookie to get after dinner! :lol:

Now, here's to getting them all out in time!

Jun 21st, '17, 18:42

by Ferg » Jun 21st, '17, 18:42

Went to get the tea and realized I don't have quite the amount of liu bao as originally estimated. So I spread out my remaining Chinese, Taiwanese, and Indian teas left onhand. I've decided to split it all up evenly among the four of you. Hope that works! :)
Tea Spread.JPG

Jun 21st, '17, 18:48

by Ferg » Jun 21st, '17, 18:48

Should have specified, when I say evenly, I picked and chose the bags seen at random, giving everyone a nice assortment, but teas received will vary from person to person. A nice surprise for each!

Jun 21st, '17, 22:24

by Ferg » Jun 21st, '17, 22:24

Ok folks. Thanks to each of you for your support we were able to raise $804 for Chip's family in less than 48 hours! :D

I am never opposed to shipping international, but it typically costs double. Luckily, in this case, all purchases were sent domestic, meaning more proceeds were able to go towards the cause. Total revenue generated was $865 less shipping costs of $61.59 = $803.41. I have attached a picture of the shipping receipt, editing out any sensitive info.
FedEx Receipt.jpg
I was debating how to show the evidence of the donation made. Unfortunately, I am not able to request a receipt through GoFundMe.com as donations made are considered to be a gift and, therefore, are not eligible for a tax deduction. As there is no personal info listed directly on the site, I am providing a link where you will be able to find our contributed donation.
Donation made.PNG
Condolences.PNG
https://www.gofundme.com/in-loving-memory-of-uncle-pat

Again, thank you! 8)

Jun 22nd, '17, 00:19

by Chip » Jun 22nd, '17, 00:19

Oh my gosh. I have been so busy with family that I did not see this until now.

I am touched beyond words. Since I zipped through the topic to see how this amazing story ended, I don't know who to thank. I will review the topic in the morning ... It is late here, and I have not slept well since my friend's passing.

For now, I will most humbly thank the hero of this story, Ferg. Thank you for your incredible generosity and act of kindness. I am forever in your debt.

This will help my friend's family tremendously.

Thank you all!!!

Jun 23rd, '17, 21:41

by dizzo » Jun 23rd, '17, 21:41

Mine arrived today and I must comment on what a deal I got! Not only did I get a beautiful pot, but I received enough tea to feed it for months. I have shy'd away from pu and really focused on oolongs and yancha. looks like those days are over :D
kudos to the cause and one great seller!

Jun 23rd, '17, 21:43

by Demea » Jun 23rd, '17, 21:43

dizzo wrote: Mine arrived today and I must comment on what a deal I got! Not only did I get a beautiful pot, but I received enough tea to feed it for months. I have shy'd away from pu and really focused on oolongs and yancha. looks like those days are over :D
kudos to the cause and one great seller!
Seconded! Thanks so much, Ferg!

Jun 24th, '17, 22:25

by Mrs. Chip » Jun 24th, '17, 22:25

Ferg, Chip and I have been conversing about this unbelievable, heartfelt donation that you and other TeaChatters have made to help our family in need. We have never met any of you, yet feel very blessed to call you friends. We have been busy all week helping my sister to cope with this situation. Today it culminated in a Celebration of Life for Patrick. Thank you again for all you have done to help us get through this. Chip will be writing more on the next few days. Please keep him in your thoughts, he not only lost a brother in law, he lost his best friend.
Thank you for organizing this, and thank you to all who participated.

Jun 25th, '17, 07:10

by William » Jun 25th, '17, 07:10

The members of this forum are all wonderful people! Congratulations folks!

Jun 25th, '17, 15:22

by Ferg » Jun 25th, '17, 15:22

Mrs. Chip wrote: Ferg, Chip and I have been conversing about this unbelievable, heartfelt donation that you and other TeaChatters have made to help our family in need. We have never met any of you, yet feel very blessed to call you friends. We have been busy all week helping my sister to cope with this situation. Today it culminated in a Celebration of Life for Patrick. Thank you again for all you have done to help us get through this. Chip will be writing more on the next few days. Please keep him in your thoughts, he not only lost a brother in law, he lost his best friend.
Thank you for organizing this, and thank you to all who participated.
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I merely made the teapots available. Everyone else stepped up to contribute to the cause so quickly! My hat is off to each of you.

Mrs. Chip, I am glad that we were able to help you and Chip in some way during this difficult time. I think that is great that the family had a celebration of life for Pat. Losing someone so close is never easy. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Hope you and Chip take care in the days ahead. No need to write back anytime soon. Time with the family is always best.

+ Post Reply