Oct 6th, '17, 22:48

Ferg: Last sale - Glazed Gafu Ito (proceeds to go to non-profit animal rescue)

by Ferg » Oct 6th, '17, 22:48

Last kyusu owned up for sale. Very difficult for me to let this one go in particular, as I'm friends with the potter and have conversed quite a bit. While I prefer clay over glazed, the real reason is that I've moved on to drinking English-style tea at home outside of my drip coffee days for work.

It seems fitting for this to be my last pot for sale as TeaChat seems to be coming to a close. To show my appreciation towards the community for sharing knowledge in helping me enjoy Chinese, Taiwanese, and Japanese teas over this past handful of years, I have decided to donate the total proceeds of this sale towards a cause near and dear to me, helping animals in need.

As Gafu helps cats, I would like to donate in particular to a local organization, the Rainbow Connection Animal Foundation which "is a non-profit, no-kill, 100% volunteer, 501c3 animal rescue organization which rescues homeless, abandoned, and surrendered cats and kittens and ultimately places them in loving homes...[who] are also active in and practice Trap/Neuter/Release methods in order to maintain the feral and stray cat population." http://www.rcafcats.com/

Gafu Ito glazed kyusu @ 110ml, along with matching glazed plate (see picture for measurements). Paid $236 for both plate and pot. I am asking for $150 through this Friday, 10/13, which includes 2-day international shipping. Additionally, I'm throwing in the last of my Thes-du-Japon 2017 shincha teas including 2 sealed kamairichas and 1 sealed asamushi. Also have a sealed sample of one of their selections and quarter bag of a kama remaining to add on top of it. ~~~~SOLD~~~~

To post copy of receipt of donation made.
Last edited by Ferg on Oct 7th, '17, 22:26, edited 6 times in total.

Oct 6th, '17, 22:50

Re: Ferg: Last sale - Glazed Gafu Ito (proceeds to go to non-profit animal rescue)

by Ferg » Oct 6th, '17, 22:50

Round 2 of pictures taken today.
Last edited by Ferg on Oct 7th, '17, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 6th, '17, 22:50

Re: Ferg: Last sale - Glazed Gafu Ito (proceeds to go to non-profit animal rescue)

by Ferg » Oct 6th, '17, 22:50

Pictures of plate.

Oct 6th, '17, 22:52

by Ferg » Oct 6th, '17, 22:52

A bit sacrilege posting this here, but this is my go-to set-up these days...However, not sure who all is left out there? :cry:
Last edited by Ferg on Oct 7th, '17, 22:03, edited 2 times in total.

Oct 6th, '17, 22:53

by Ferg » Oct 6th, '17, 22:53

And two more for good measure.

Oct 7th, '17, 00:20

Re: Ferg: Last sale - Glazed Gafu Ito (latest round of pot proceeds going to non-profit animal rescue)

by jpo1933 » Oct 7th, '17, 00:20

Soo nice!
Wish I had the money for the gafu :(
Im sure its going to sell quick~

Oct 7th, '17, 00:53
Vendor Member

Re: Ferg: Last sale - Glazed Gafu Ito (latest round of pot proceeds going to non-profit animal rescue)

by ethan » Oct 7th, '17, 00:53

PG Tips is the favorite teabag blend of millions of people; nonetheless, you might be by yourself as far as Teachat goes. Pyramid teabags of one brand, flow-through teabags for another, tiny little tea leaves for another; yet, there are a only a few teabag factories to make almost all of the world's teabags. They use teas on hand from all over the world to consistently produce the specific taste expected by each brand's customers. Some blends consist of as much as 35% teadust, others much less, but all that matters is what drinkers like after their teabags color and flavor their water. Stay in touch with me, Ferg. I acquired several excellent black teas in Taiwan just a few weeks ago, in case you return to "higher" standards. Cheers.

Oct 7th, '17, 02:23
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 7th, '17, 02:23

Lovely teapot! I can't believe you're drinking PG Tips and eating digestive biscuits. You'd get along with me mum!

Oct 7th, '17, 12:44

by Ferg » Oct 7th, '17, 12:44

Thanks, jpo. It is quite the nice little thing! :) At only 110ml, the potter himself recommended it for either Chinese teas or Japanese kamairicha.

Ethan, thanks for the extra info on the teabag teas. I realize this is not up to TC standards, hence my hesitation for posting up. However, I believe I've found my own personal niche of tea that works for me. I'll keep you in mind, but I quite enjoy my new set-up. Above all, it's so easy to simply plop 2 bags in, fill to the brim with boiling water, and I'm left to enjoy over the course of an hour or two. It's nice for convenience sake. While I enjoyed gong fu brewing and sencha sessions, I simply don't have much time these days to be dedicating to proper tea.

Ha, thanks Jay! Good to know this combination has someone's stamp of approval out there. The Digestives biscuits are truly addicting. I am reordering a box of 6 sleeves every other week or so to split between my Grandpa and me. They taste even better in the tannins of tea over the acidity of coffee. Had to pair with one of England's most favorited teas.
Last edited by Ferg on Oct 7th, '17, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 7th, '17, 14:26
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 7th, '17, 14:26

Ferg wrote: Thanks, jpo. It is quite the nice little thing! :) At only 110ml, the potter himself recommended it for either Chinese teas or Japanese kamairicha.

Ethan, thanks for the extra info on the teabag teas. I realize this is not up to TC standards, hence my hesitation for posting up. However, I believe I've found my own personal niche of tea that works for me. I'll keep you in mind, but I quite enjoy my new set-up. Above all, it's so easy to simply plop 2 bags in, fill to the brim with boiling water, and I'm left to enjoy over the course of an hour or two. It's nice for convenience sake. While I enjoyed gong fu brewing and sencha sessions, I simply don't have much time these days to be dedicating to proper tea.

Ha, thanks Jay! Good to know this combination has someone's stamp of approval out there. The Digestives biscuits are truly addicting. I am reordering a box of 6 sleeves every other week or so to split between my Grandpa and me. They taste even better in the tannins of tea over the acidity of coffee. Had to pair with one of England's most favorited teas.
Suggested tweak is to just pop the teabag in a mug (preheat if you want) and then remove the bag before adding milk. This will prevent overbrewing. There's still an art to brewing teabags just right! :)

Oct 7th, '17, 14:39

by Ferg » Oct 7th, '17, 14:39

jayinhk wrote:
Suggested tweak is to just pop the teabag in a mug (preheat if you want) and then remove the bag before adding milk. This will prevent overbrewing. There's still an art to brewing teabags just right! :)
Thanks again Jay. :wink: Yes, I was intuitively doing a teabag in mug prior to getting the brown betty (made in England), which I would dose with whole milk to end the brewing process.

I have left teabags steeping within this teapot as it cools down after a relatively short period. I'll take your advice and experiment. I guess at the end, or 'beginning' of the day I should say, I simply like strong coffee and tea.

Oct 7th, '17, 15:07

by Ferg » Oct 7th, '17, 15:07

Going to make another pot now actually, so that'll be a total of 4 teabags today. Should probably put a cap on it after that.

Another plus, the milk in the tea keeps my hunger at bay and gives me added fuel to run on.

The RCAF non-profit is hosting a Halloween bash a week from today. They host events on quarterly basis which my family attends as they're always in need.

I'd like to package up soon and make the donation prior to the event, so through this Friday, in the spirit of giving, I'll throw $50 my way, meaning I'm asking for the remaining difference of $150. Please jump on the offer while it lasts and thanks for considering.

Oct 7th, '17, 16:56

by jpo1933 » Oct 7th, '17, 16:56

Pm'd!

Oct 7th, '17, 22:25

by Ferg » Oct 7th, '17, 22:25

And this one has been sold! :) Copy of donation attached. Thank you once again. Knowing the funds are going to a good cause made this easier to let go. Cheers,

Oct 8th, '17, 08:14

by MacGuffin » Oct 8th, '17, 08:14

Ferg wrote: A bit sacrilege posting this here, but this is my go-to set-up these days...However, not sure who all is left out there? :cry:
As a recipient of two of your wonderful kyusu, you won't get any flack from me. Plus, I'm not only quite partial to digestives but use Luzianne bags to make sweet tea. I also used bags when I had the counter space to brew kombucha.

Lovely gesture to contribute the cost of your last sale to charity. :D

+ Post Reply