Feb 3rd, '15, 19:29
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 2nd, '15

WayGood Tea - a premium, health tea startup from Seattle

by garlee » Feb 3rd, '15, 19:29

Hello fellow TeaChat friends!

I just wanted to post here about my new startup called WayGood Tea, not only to get some publicity but to get some feedback from the TeaChat community! Business owners, tea lovers, health nuts, ambitious entrepreneurs, everyone! Please take a look at the site... www.waygoodtea.com and share some thoughts! Since we're still small, we're open to any criticism or feedback so please let us know if you've got any!

We're a small firm based out of Seattle, WA that creates premium, organic tea blends for detox & cleansing. If anyone has questions, suggestions, comments or whatever, please message me! Thanks and bless you all!

Cheers,
Gar Lee

Feb 3rd, '15, 23:46
Posts: 1140
Joined: May 27th, '12
Location: Boston, MA 2/3; Thailand 1/3

Re: WayGood Tea - a premium, health tea startup from Seattle

by ethan » Feb 3rd, '15, 23:46

If someone is clean & not intoxicated, would you have just a good-tasting tea for him?

Feb 4th, '15, 06:20
Posts: 463
Joined: Feb 3rd, '14

by bonescwa » Feb 4th, '15, 06:20

What kind of "toxins" do your teas "cleanse" out of the body?

Feb 4th, '15, 21:02
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 2nd, '15

Re: WayGood Tea - a premium, health tea startup from Seattle

by garlee » Feb 4th, '15, 21:02

ethan wrote:If someone is clean & not intoxicated, would you have just a good-tasting tea for him?
Hey Ethan! To answer your question, yes! Unlike other detox/cleansing teas out there that often taste medicinal, we took flavor into consideration when developing our tea blends. On top of that, our cleansing teas are gentle enough to be enjoyed regularly regardless of whether your body needs detoxing or not. :D

Feb 4th, '15, 21:59
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 2nd, '15

Re:

by garlee » Feb 4th, '15, 21:59

bonescwa wrote:What kind of "toxins" do your teas "cleanse" out of the body?
Hello! Harmful toxins build up in your body from foods/drinks that we consume (even more so from processed, junk foods) and can accumulate over years. These toxins increase risk of cancer, affect your mood, and are often the reason why people feel sluggish and low-energy. They also make it difficult to lose weight because it compromises your digestive system, meaning that extra calories aren't digested and turns into fat.

All of our teas cleanse the body through supplying lots of antioxidants to fight off those toxins, boosts and protects your digestive tract, and works as a gentle diuretic.

Feb 5th, '15, 06:20
Posts: 463
Joined: Feb 3rd, '14

by bonescwa » Feb 5th, '15, 06:20

Is that so? Mysterious "toxins" from vague sources cause cancer, low mood, and obesity, and your tea gets rid of those toxins. Seems legit.

User avatar
Feb 5th, '15, 11:39
Posts: 2072
Joined: Mar 3rd, '09

Re: Re:

by entropyembrace » Feb 5th, '15, 11:39

garlee wrote:
bonescwa wrote:What kind of "toxins" do your teas "cleanse" out of the body?
Hello! Harmful toxins build up in your body from foods/drinks that we consume (even more so from processed, junk foods) and can accumulate over years. These toxins increase risk of cancer, affect your mood, and are often the reason why people feel sluggish and low-energy. They also make it difficult to lose weight because it compromises your digestive system, meaning that extra calories aren't digested and turns into fat.

All of our teas cleanse the body through supplying lots of antioxidants to fight off those toxins, boosts and protects your digestive tract, and works as a gentle diuretic.
You might want to be careful about making unsubstantiated medical claims, that can get you in trouble with the FDA.

I'm not intending to be mean with this but perfectly safe products have been pulled from shelves by the FDA for this.

Feb 5th, '15, 15:43
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 2nd, '15

Re:

by garlee » Feb 5th, '15, 15:43

bonescwa wrote:Is that so? Mysterious "toxins" from vague sources cause cancer, low mood, and obesity, and your tea gets rid of those toxins. Seems legit.
You can learn more about detox and cleansing here in the link below under the "Health Notes" tab.

http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Preventive-Nutri ... 6844#green

I actually tried this product from GNC but ended up not liking it because it consisted of several mixing powders and taking multiple pills daily. I just thought that cleansing should be more of a natural process and after noticing that a lot of the ingredients in this detox product were derived from herbs, I wanted to create a more organic alternative through drinking herbal teas rather than pills and powders.

Feb 5th, '15, 15:49
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 2nd, '15

Re: Re:

by garlee » Feb 5th, '15, 15:49

entropyembrace wrote:
garlee wrote:
bonescwa wrote:What kind of "toxins" do your teas "cleanse" out of the body?
Hello! Harmful toxins build up in your body from foods/drinks that we consume (even more so from processed, junk foods) and can accumulate over years. These toxins increase risk of cancer, affect your mood, and are often the reason why people feel sluggish and low-energy. They also make it difficult to lose weight because it compromises your digestive system, meaning that extra calories aren't digested and turns into fat.

All of our teas cleanse the body through supplying lots of antioxidants to fight off those toxins, boosts and protects your digestive tract, and works as a gentle diuretic.
You might want to be careful about making unsubstantiated medical claims, that can get you in trouble with the FDA.

I'm not intending to be mean with this but perfectly safe products have been pulled from shelves by the FDA for this.
Thanks for the heads up! I am aware of this so I've made it clear on all of our packaging and such to say so. Like other supplements, we've stated "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease." Meanwhile, we are in the works of getting our "Supplement Facts" and getting the approval but it's a pretty lengthy and costly process! :(

User avatar
Feb 8th, '15, 20:50
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22836
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: WayGood Tea - a premium, health tea startup from Seattle

by Chip » Feb 8th, '15, 20:50

Hi garlee, please check your private message from the moderator.

Mar 15th, '15, 23:13
Posts: 81
Joined: Jan 18th, '15
Location: Seattle

Re: WayGood Tea - a premium, health tea startup from Seattle

by bellmont » Mar 15th, '15, 23:13

Hmm, good packaging (from what I can see on the website), specifically I appreciate how the solid color scheme with the lower part of the packaging, color changing heart and rectangles under your headers all seem to complement each other (if not they are the same color(s)).

What about the policies related to: "Returns & Refunds" "Terms Of Service" as well as privacy...

Also, the picture of a dandelion under "chamomile mint cleanse" is covering up the text: "*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

You mention that you want retailers to sell your tea. I wonder about spa owners...after all the "detox" aspect of your product seems like your edge above all the other herbal blend tea companies.

peace,

bellmont

Nov 1st, '15, 16:29
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 1st, '15

Re: WayGood Tea - a premium, health tea startup from Seattle

by Dianedee » Nov 1st, '15, 16:29

I'm loving your chamomile detox tea. I've recently started using loose teas so it's great to be able to have it but without having to worry about how I'm going to brew it since it's already packaged. It's super smooth and the packaging is really cute.

User avatar
Nov 2nd, '15, 13:31
Posts: 298
Joined: Jul 10th, '15
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: WayGood Tea - a premium, health tea startup from Seattle

by Frisbeehead » Nov 2nd, '15, 13:31

Dianedee wrote:I'm loving your chamomile detox tea. I've recently started using loose teas so it's great to be able to have it but without having to worry about how I'm going to brew it since it's already packaged. It's super smooth and the packaging is really cute.
Hmm first post on this forum? Seems legit. :roll:

Most people on this forum are drinking tea because it tastes good and it's a hobby. Not because of pseudoscientific claims about its "detox" abilities. Or it's ability to prevent cancer. Or any of the other dubious claims made by health nuts.

+ Post Reply