Aug 10th, '10, 19:47

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by shyrabbit » Aug 10th, '10, 19:47

Hello,
I think most here might find these vid's of interest.

1/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnOyIE8 ... re=related

2/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAAAZgMu ... re=related

Michael

Aug 10th, '10, 20:50

by TokyoB » Aug 10th, '10, 20:50

FYI - As you may know, those are Chao Zhou pots.

Aug 11th, '10, 02:17

by Tead Off » Aug 11th, '10, 02:17

TIM wrote: Teadoff - you are right, the 60's pot is an old friend, i've been caring it for 10 years now. Its a mixed zhuni and the patina do build-up quite nicely.
A funny thing I found out if you take group picture of similar yixings, the picture could show things that you are not aware of thru naked eye. The 70's and 80's show a matte shine in real life, but once its shot, the 70's do carries a jade like shine (they are both new). I think the 90's on yixing tend to try archiving that jade shine by added other materials to it :shock:
Tim, as a long time art dealer, I discovered a long time ago that taking a photo of something you want to buy can reveal things that are not noticed even though you have seen it in person and examined it! It's a great way to look for repairs. I have discovered things through photos that have both helped and hurt me.

I am curious about the burnishing of Yixing pots. I have both matte and burnished, shiny pots in my collection. I have noticed that the older than 80's pots are usually more matte. Do you know when the burnishing came into fashion with yixing? The nature of the burnishing prevents buildup of patina.

Aug 25th, '10, 10:17
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 25th, '10, 10:17

I just got this in the mail today. It was a gift from the couple that made it in honor of my daughter. On one side it has an orchid, which is a character in my daughter's name and on the back is a saying that uses a character from my name. My daughter's name has been carved in the bottom. If you'll forgive me, I do not wish to show that. I would like to keep her name private. It was a complete surprise. I haven't used it yet. I'm going to wait until my daughter is old enough to brew tea.
Attachments
6.jpg
6.jpg (17.68 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (16.09 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

Aug 25th, '10, 10:21

by debunix » Aug 25th, '10, 10:21

Beautiful! Love the carved irises.

Aug 25th, '10, 12:30
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Aug 25th, '10, 12:30

Wow, lovely! Thanks for sharing with us!

Aug 28th, '10, 15:57

by brandon » Aug 28th, '10, 15:57

Latest acquisition... late 80s high fired hong ni. 5 hole flat filter.
On the large side - 160ml?

Aug 28th, '10, 16:27

by hop_goblin » Aug 28th, '10, 16:27

Nice pot Brandon! I just purchased another but until i can find my cord to connect my cam to the computer I cant POST! :oops:

Aug 28th, '10, 18:20

by tingjunkie » Aug 28th, '10, 18:20

Here is my newest acquisition. An early 90's, 90ml Pin Zini pot from Jing Tea Shop. I usually wait until I get a pot and test it before I pair it to a particular tea, but this one screamed aged sheng all the way. Just what I was looking for. :D

For some reason I prefer the look of script chops over the stamps...
The clay has lots of sand and Duan Ni particles throughout. A larger photo can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21671335@N ... otostream/
A little homemade modification inside...

Clay: Pin Zini (Duan Ni Tiao Sha?). Medium Fired
Size: 90 ml
Age/Year: Early 90's.
Walls: Thick
Pour: +/- 4 sec. Single hole. Super fast and powerful pour. No drips. Great lid fit.
Source: Jing Tea Shop
Tea Pairing: Aged Sheng Puerh
Info: I've been looking to upgrade my aged sheng pot for a while, and this pot fit the bill perfectly. Considering the smell of the inside of the pot when I got it, I think the last owner did me a favor and seasoned it with aged sheng already! To be safe, I decided to boil it for an hour anyway. Due to the mixture of the clay, the pot makes an odd dull sound when tapped, despite the medium firing. However, this does not seem to take the higher notes away from the tea. The pot has a nice shine already (I think it was burnished when it was made), but considering the fact that it breathes well and soaks up tea poured on the outside, I think this pot will take on a very nice patina with time.

Aug 29th, '10, 02:23

by Maitre_Tea » Aug 29th, '10, 02:23

wow, pretty amazing find there teajunkie. There's a similar looking pot on Jing Tea that I'm not finding myself thinking about...

Aug 29th, '10, 09:17

by hop_goblin » Aug 29th, '10, 09:17

Lovely pot TingJunkie! Should bring you years of great tea~

Aug 29th, '10, 16:59

by britt » Aug 29th, '10, 16:59

tingjunkie wrote:Here is my newest acquisition. An early 90's, 90ml Pin Zini pot from Jing Tea Shop. I usually wait until I get a pot and test it before I pair it to a particular tea, but this one screamed aged sheng all the way. Just what I was looking for.
I've had great luck with the Yixings I've purchased from Jing Tea Shop. I hope you do too. The <100ml pots seem to go pretty quick once they're posted, so great catch!

Aug 29th, '10, 19:13

by tingjunkie » Aug 29th, '10, 19:13

Maitre_Tea wrote:wow, pretty amazing find there teajunkie. There's a similar looking pot on Jing Tea that I'm not finding myself thinking about...
Unless they have a couple in stock, this probably IS the one you are thinking about on Jing. They haven't changed the status to "Sold" even though I bought it almost a month ago.

Aug 30th, '10, 13:47

by britt » Aug 30th, '10, 13:47

tingjunkie wrote:
Maitre_Tea wrote:wow, pretty amazing find there teajunkie. There's a similar looking pot on Jing Tea that I'm not finding myself thinking about...
Unless they have a couple in stock, this probably IS the one you are thinking about on Jing. They haven't changed the status to "Sold" even though I bought it almost a month ago.
That's the one complaint I have with JTS; they're not very good at keeping the website up-to-date and often the info in the product description is incorrect. I bought one pair of 30ml cups that were actually 120ml and a 160ml pot that was 210ml. I've also seen the same descriptions for two versions of a tea that were very different in price. I think they cut and paste descriptions but don't pay much attention to the details. I still highly recommend them in spite of this complaint.

Aug 30th, '10, 13:59

by brandon » Aug 30th, '10, 13:59

Funny thing, I once ordered a pot that was already sold.
They gave me the choice of 3 different pots in its place, and I actually prefer the one I got to the one I ordered. I suspect it would have sold for more, but I was not charged any extra.

+ Post Reply