User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:24
Vendor Member
Posts: 2104
Joined: Sep 24th, '08, 18:38
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by gingkoseto » Apr 1st, '13, 23:24

tenuki wrote:I do this and don't burn my fingers - check out my vid to see how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVRMKk8cVg
Nice video! But I think I would burn my palm in your way. Obviously you've got iron palm gongfu :mrgreen:

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:26
Posts: 2327
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 19:46
Location: Seattle Area
Contact: tenuki

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by tenuki » Apr 1st, '13, 23:26

gingkoseto wrote:
tenuki wrote:I do this and don't burn my fingers - check out my vid to see how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVRMKk8cVg
Nice video! But I think I would burn my palm in your way. Obviously you've got iron palm gongfu :mrgreen:
lol. naw, it's got a saucer on the bottom if you look close, always cool.

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:29
Vendor Member
Posts: 2104
Joined: Sep 24th, '08, 18:38
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by gingkoseto » Apr 1st, '13, 23:29

tenuki wrote:
gingkoseto wrote:
tenuki wrote:I do this and don't burn my fingers - check out my vid to see how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVRMKk8cVg
Nice video! But I think I would burn my palm in your way. Obviously you've got iron palm gongfu :mrgreen:
lol. naw, it's got a saucer on the bottom if you look close, always cool.
I mean the part of the palm next to the rim of the cup. That's the most delicate part of the palm :mrgreen:

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:49
Posts: 258
Joined: Feb 6th, '13, 10:21
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact: Muadeeb

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by Muadeeb » Apr 1st, '13, 23:49

tenuki wrote:I do this and don't burn my fingers - check out my vid to see how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVRMKk8cVg
Quite the bass player on that track! :P I practice the four string arts too. Any other musicians here?
Last edited by Muadeeb on Apr 1st, '13, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:50
Posts: 2327
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 19:46
Location: Seattle Area
Contact: tenuki

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by tenuki » Apr 1st, '13, 23:50

Muadeeb wrote:
tenuki wrote:I do this and don't burn my fingers - check out my vid to see how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVRMKk8cVg
Quite the bass player on that track! :P What band is it?
Music - Liquid Tension Experiment - Chris and Kevin's Excellent Adventure

And it isn't a bass.... ;)

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:52
Posts: 258
Joined: Feb 6th, '13, 10:21
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact: Muadeeb

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by Muadeeb » Apr 1st, '13, 23:52

tenuki wrote:
Muadeeb wrote:
tenuki wrote:I do this and don't burn my fingers - check out my vid to see how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVRMKk8cVg
Quite the bass player on that track! :P What band is it?
Music - Liquid Tension Experiment - Chris and Kevin's Excellent Adventure
I hit the show more button and found it right after I posted the question. I went back to try and edit my post before anyone saw, but you were too quick for me! :wink:

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:54
Posts: 322
Joined: Feb 19th, '13, 00:40

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by yalokinh » Apr 1st, '13, 23:54

Professional trumpet player, deosnt really help with the heat though haha.
If you keep the gaiwan moving, it keeps the steam off.

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:55
Posts: 258
Joined: Feb 6th, '13, 10:21
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact: Muadeeb

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by Muadeeb » Apr 1st, '13, 23:55

tenuki wrote:
Music - Liquid Tension Experiment - Chris and Kevin's Excellent Adventure

And it isn't a bass.... ;)
Tony Levin is a master, love his playing, even when it's on a Stick.

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:56
Posts: 322
Joined: Feb 19th, '13, 00:40

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by yalokinh » Apr 1st, '13, 23:56

Muadeeb wrote:
tenuki wrote:
Music - Liquid Tension Experiment - Chris and Kevin's Excellent Adventure

And it isn't a bass.... ;)
Tony Levin is a master, love his playing, even when it's on a Stick.
Chapman stick?

User avatar
Apr 1st, '13, 23:59
Posts: 258
Joined: Feb 6th, '13, 10:21
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact: Muadeeb

Re: Gaiwan filling past the lid?

by Muadeeb » Apr 1st, '13, 23:59

yalokinh wrote:
Chapman stick?
Yup.

+ Post Reply