Apr 3rd, '13, 21:39

Re: New to loose leaf tea, a few questions...

by tean00b » Apr 3rd, '13, 21:39

tingjunkie wrote:
tean00b wrote:I've always enjoyed the ritual aspect of drinking certain things (I buy all the good absinthe I can get my hands on for this reason)
Welcome to the forum! I'm an absinthe lover too. :mrgreen: There are so many on the market to try now.

In terms of the variables you control, tea is on a whole other level compared to absinthe. If you have the palate to appreciate absinthe, then you're already off to a good start though. Enjoy!
Nice! I've mostly just switched to US absinthe's since they're easier to get. Not the gimicky ones though thats for sure. I'm a big fan of Pacifique and Walton Waters, next on the list is Meadow of Love (also by Delaware Phoenix)...but that's not exactly on topic for this forum :)

I'm going to need to do a lot of learning and tasting. I think I'll probably get a smaller pot like mentioned so I can try a variety of flavors before I step back into the yixing arena. I don't want to limit myself to just one type as a shot in the dark!

Apr 3rd, '13, 22:28

by tingjunkie » Apr 3rd, '13, 22:28

Love Pacifique and the whole line from Delaware Phoenix! I think my favorite so far though is Espirit Edouard- I'm looking forward to trying more from the Jade line. But you're right... we're off topic. :wink:

Apr 3rd, '13, 23:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 3rd, '13, 23:26

futurebird wrote:
tean00b wrote: Yeah that place seems like a huge mass market sales pitch...it's amazing how they always over-weigh tea and then ask if that's "ok". I'm assuming most of their teas don't really count in the eyes of actual connoisseurs.
They have a lot of flavored teas, which are fun...I think they try to make quality products, and they try to make things "american friendly" --there's nothing really wrong with them, it's just there a whole universe of
tea that goes far beyond what they have.
Sorry, I cannot agree ... from a tea drinkers perspective, aside from introducing many people to tea, they are a pretty vile company to work for or to buy from as they completely disrespect both. To take it one step further, they disrespect tea which is not viewed upon favorably by most serious tea drinkers.

Ask how many newbs were coerced into buying teawares they did not want to buy by salepeople who are trained to use the same lines and love nothing more than to hear these few words, "I am new to tea and don't know where to start."

I could go on and on, but just read this topic ... 39 pages of negative experiences at Teavana. http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... it=teavana

Other than that, they are great! :twisted:

Apr 4th, '13, 00:01

by tean00b » Apr 4th, '13, 00:01

I'd really like to try the Jade lines except to ship it to MN I'm guessing I'll be at around $150 for a bottle, which is hard for me to do! But yea, off topic :)

I did find that long Teavana thread, and I can certainly relate to the ways that they push their sales there. Myself I just did all their work for em and found the teapot online and walked in/out of the store in about 5 minutes.

Apr 4th, '13, 18:40

by tingjunkie » Apr 4th, '13, 18:40

Should cost way less than $150.

I agree with Chip, avoid Teavana like the plague. :wink:

+ Post Reply