No
90%
Other (specify in comment)
5%

Total votes: 20

Jun 27th, '15, 21:10

Re: Make a forum for jixing

by Fuut » Jun 27th, '15, 21:10

Chip wrote:... I see no reason to change at this time. The main index is longggg with forums. It actually took some doing to get to this few.

I think Teachat forum listings strike an acceptable balance ...
What i should've said in OP; was that tea has a melange of 10+ types and sub-fora, tea ware and sub-types could use the same attention to origin and genres, and would allow for deeper discussion and better search results in the process. Where the stickies of this forum would go to i don't know.

Jun 27th, '15, 21:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 27th, '15, 21:43

GotCha ... :mrgreen:

I will take this under advisement.

Jun 27th, '15, 23:07

by BW85 » Jun 27th, '15, 23:07

Fuut wrote:
Chip wrote:... I see no reason to change at this time. The main index is longggg with forums. It actually took some doing to get to this few.

I think Teachat forum listings strike an acceptable balance ...
What i should've said in OP; was that tea has a melange of 10+ types and sub-fora, tea ware and sub-types could use the same attention to origin and genres, and would allow for deeper discussion and better search results in the process. Where the stickies of this forum would go to i don't know.
I think you would have gotten a better response in the beginning had the first post not had such an annoyed tone to it with some obvious biasness.

I really don't think teachat needs anymore subforums, there's already a lot. I don't think there would be any benefit. If there were 10+ new yixing threads per day... Then sure

Addendum: I don't think there would be any benefit because I don't think moving the yixing threads elsewhere would cause people to all the sudden start making threads about other teawares more

Jun 28th, '15, 02:53

by Balthazar » Jun 28th, '15, 02:53

Agree with the majority here (i.e. no need to split things up further).

Too many sub-forums can be the death of a forum with a small user base. I see how in theory an increased specialization would make things more orderly, but I for one would be annoyed to have 3+ more sub-forums to open to get an overview of the teaware discussions. Perhaps if the teaware forum we already have was flooded (new topics reaching page 3 within a day or so), but right now it really isn't.

Jun 28th, '15, 05:26

by Bok » Jun 28th, '15, 05:26

Probably also a case of demand and offer: simply more people seem to be interested in Chinese yixing than in the others... Let the market figure it out :)

+ Post Reply