Replacement suggestion for Teavana English Breakfast (High Grown) Black Tea??

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jan 20th, '18, 14:32

Replacement suggestion for Teavana English Breakfast (High Grown) Black Tea??

by omoorea » Jan 20th, '18, 14:32

For the past five years, I have been drinking the English Breakfast (High Grown) Black loose leaf tea from Teavana almost exclusively. When I first started drinking it, there was a strange almost rotten taste that I could not quite put my finger on (not sure if the more pleasant name would be fermented, malty, earthy, chocolately, sweet, etc). Initially I did not like it, but I decided to finish the package anyway, and by the end of the pack, I was totally converted. In fact, I steep it for 30 minutes to get the most robust flavor. Now Teavana has closed, and I am looking for a replacement. I have spent a small fortune and cannot recreate this blend. Any thoughts on a replacement?

Jan 22nd, '18, 17:06
Mod/Admin

Re: Replacement suggestion for Teavana English Breakfast (High Grown) Black Tea??

by AndrewGC » Jan 22nd, '18, 17:06

Hey @omoorea,

Great question! We were chatting about this a little bit today in the Adagio office. Because theirs is classified as 'high grown' - the tea is likely Ceylon. We have some wonderful options, including our Ceylon Sonata, http://www.adagio.com/black/ceylon_sonata.html - Have you tried that one? Would love to hear your thoughts on it, and how it compared to your favorite! Hope to hear back from you soon!

+ Post Reply