Adagio TeaV episode 30: Citrusaurus Rex

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jul 27th, '09, 10:10
Adagio

Adagio TeaV episode 30: Citrusaurus Rex

by ilya » Jul 27th, '09, 10:10

Zack reviews a green & herbal blend by April Lemoine called Citrusaurus Rex while lounging near an unnamed park.

Let us know your thoughts on the episode as well as your experience in blending green teas.

Jul 30th, '09, 16:34

Re: Adagio TeaV episode 30: Citrusaurus Rex

by zack » Jul 30th, '09, 16:34

I do have a question for you all-

In your blends....what is the type you prefer to base your blend on? (green, black, etc)

Jul 31st, '09, 23:00

by Ebtoulson » Jul 31st, '09, 23:00

Hmm I haven't made that many blends but I guess it just depends on what I'm looking for in the tea. I (normally) don't mix different teas, greens with blacks etc, but I do add herbal to one type. Normally the green with herbal has a lighter taste because the herbal didn't give all of its goodness (because of the colder water and shorter infusions) so I add more leaf to compensate. Black seems to work really good with herbals though. Besides the blending of the same types of teas, I'd say I use black for the base more just because there's more to choose from and it works really wells with herbals.

Aug 1st, '09, 00:02

by zack » Aug 1st, '09, 00:02

Very well said.

Aug 1st, '09, 10:37

by Aphroditea » Aug 1st, '09, 10:37

I agree with Ebtoulson, that is depends greatly on what it is I am trying to create.

I also don't blend types of tea together, but I know others who love to. I also like adding herbals to a tea base, but I don't like adding them to black bases since, barring Ceylon, they tend to have matly or muscatel flavors to which I prefer blending spices- like a chai - or sweet flavors like vanilla, chocolate or caramel - like one would find in wines or ales and stouts.

But, taste is in the tongue of the beholder :)

+ Post Reply