Featured signature blends

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Dec 16th, '08, 13:41
Adagio

Featured signature blends

by ilya » Dec 16th, '08, 13:41

I've received a few emails requesting info on how signature blends are selected for the 'featured section'. There's a few criteria we use to determine who get highlighted and although they are fairly basic, I'll outline them here:

1) We blend the tea and determine if it tastes good. We realize this is fairly subjective, but we don't want to necessary promote blends that are horrible mixes of white, green and herbal (you know who you are).

2) The artwork needs to be the correct size (700x300 or 700x437) and additionally needs to be aesthetically pleasing.

3) The blend description and/or story needs an interesting. Let us know what inspired the tea. Tell us when you like to drink it. Etc...

4) Adding a video review makes your submission stand out and adds a nice personal touch.

Additionally, you can read a TeaMuse article about signature blends

Lastly, you can always ask Inguna (jazz88), who is constantly creating new and interesting blends that are constantly being featured what her secret is.

Jan 24th, '10, 15:26

Re: Featured signature blends

by RachelC » Jan 24th, '10, 15:26

Is there anything else we need to be aware of? Starting to see a trend of only certain people making the "Featured Blend" section. Wanted to be certain that I wasn't doing something wrong. Thanks. :)

Mar 2nd, '10, 13:30

by Aphroditea » Mar 2nd, '10, 13:30

Query...

The Featured Blends that appear at the bottom of the tea lists in each section (eg. Red Dragon in the Black Teas section) have been there for quite awhile now. Are they the chosen standard bearers of the Signature Blends or will we see them change over time? Personally, I would like to see it change perhaps every month or two.

That's all. Ciao and Cheers!
Aphy

Oct 4th, '11, 20:58

by boywoodhe » Oct 4th, '11, 20:58

Illya and adagio has done a fantastic job on picking the featured sig blends. I was very honered to have several of my signature blends picked in the past for the featured blends. It is truly an honor in the tea world.
I do agree with aphroditea that the blends should be on for a few months and then go fresh with a new ones.

to aphroditea
miss you and bring back your magic on the signature blends.
Iam dying to see what new blends you will come up with.

A big fan :D
yours in tea
woodie barnes

Apr 22nd, '20, 16:40

by Obsydian » Apr 22nd, '20, 16:40

I would love to have my blends featured, I've worked so hard to perfect them. <3

+ Post Reply