Tea blends disappearing

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jan 21st, '09, 09:06

Tea blends disappearing

by JennyBakes » Jan 21st, '09, 09:06

Do teas have a limited life in the alphabetical list? Or do your own blends just not show up?

Jan 21st, '09, 10:14

by auggy » Jan 21st, '09, 10:14

I think the blends stay on the alpha list when they are first new and then if they sell one a month. After that, you have to find them by the person that blended them. At least, I think that is what has been said by those in the know.

Jan 21st, '09, 10:17

by Wesli » Jan 21st, '09, 10:17

Limited life. Too many blends, not enough space.

Jan 21st, '09, 11:12

by chamekke » Jan 21st, '09, 11:12

Even if they don't show on the Signature Blend menu (actually headed Custom Blend Tea), you can still execute a site search.

For example, Firefly Tea no longer appears on the list of signature teas, but you can find it by entering this into the Google search line:

firefly site:www.adagio.com

Just replace "firefly" with the name of the tea you're searching for.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jan 21st, '09, 11:33

by JennyBakes » Jan 21st, '09, 11:33

Yes, the Google search works, but not the Adagio site search. Can we petition TPTB to include the signature blends in the site search?

Jan 22nd, '09, 09:23

Searches?

by Aphroditea » Jan 22nd, '09, 09:23

chamekke wrote:Even if they don't show on the Signature Blend menu (actually headed Custom Blend Tea), you can still execute a site search.

For example, Firefly Tea no longer appears on the list of signature teas, but you can find it by entering this into the Google search line:

firefly site:www.adagio.com

Just replace "firefly" with the name of the tea you're searching for.
Nice example :) Thanks! I might add, it is no longer on the list because I moved it from the Tanya Laird account to Austin Browncoats and therefore no longer had the big sell numbers on it :( Que sera!

I was thinking....Ilya...perhaps there can be a search option on the page. I have seen that a lot of people get on the IM or here and ask for a certain tea they saw once. If people could do a search it might make it easier and you wouldn't have to go looking up all the requests (of course, I have no actual idea how difficult it might be to IMPLEMENT a search....so, feel free to ignore). And if possible, because I have seen people not know exactly what they are looking for, the engine could produce approximate matches as well.

Eg. I type in Peach Pie (I dunno why I would type this in because I hate peaches, but for argument's sake I have typed it....)

the search engine returns:

Peach Pie
Peach Pie Chai
Peach and Ginger Pie
Peaches and Cream Pie
Peachy Pie
blah blah blah

Anyway, just a thought :D

Jan 22nd, '09, 13:13

Reply.

by silvermage2000 » Jan 22nd, '09, 13:13

Yes that search engine makes abit more sense now.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

+ Post Reply