Shawn McGuire (GREENWOODSTUDIO)

Artisans share their Teaware Art.

Oct 1st, '14, 22:34

Re: Shawn McGuire (GREENWOODSTUDIO)

by mganz42 » Oct 1st, '14, 22:34

I'm seriously in love with this shiboridashi - beautiful and brews like a dream!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 10.34.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 10.34.09 PM.png (117.64 KiB) Viewed 3403 times

Oct 2nd, '14, 19:31

by JRS22 » Oct 2nd, '14, 19:31

il_570xN.653640548_kpil.jpg
il_570xN.653640548_kpil.jpg (54.83 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
I'm finally going to own my very own cha he, a beautiful one made by Shawn with a snowflake crackle glaze. Plus of course a second snowflake cradle cup, and a cup with a handle. No point in ordering just one item.....

Oct 15th, '14, 19:22
Scrolling: scrolling

by ShawnP » Oct 15th, '14, 19:22

When is the last time anyone has had contact with Shawn?? I usually don't worry to much but I have an order placed that will be 10days tomorrow not shipped. 3 days with no reply in PM on this forum and 4 days ago with no reply on Etsy.

Anyone know if he is on Vac or something? Not bad mouthing Shawn I really love his work, the no response just worries me.

Thanks guys,

Shawn

Oct 15th, '14, 23:20

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Oct 15th, '14, 23:20

ShawnP wrote:When is the last time anyone has had contact with Shawn?? I usually don't worry to much but I have an order placed that will be 10days tomorrow not shipped. 3 days with no reply in PM on this forum and 4 days ago with no reply on Etsy.

Anyone know if he is on Vac or something? Not bad mouthing Shawn I really love his work, the no response just worries me.

Thanks guys,

Shawn
It's curious what you mention, but each order I've placed with Shawn has been generally slowly processed and/or responded to. I have had a similar circumstance where I had at least three days with no response from Shawn on Etsy.

As far as TeaChat goes my impression is that he, like many of us, doesn't log in often and may not have gotten the PM you sent.

I hope he is doing well and that his nonresponse is due to the fact that he's busy creating more great work or, as you mentioned, away on a break.

Then again, as Chip mentioned:
Chip wrote:... creative types can be a bit slower than sellers of other artisans' works.

It will be worth the wait, but you can always contact via etsy.
Blessings!

Oct 16th, '14, 07:02

by ShawnP » Oct 16th, '14, 07:02

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:
ShawnP wrote:When is the last time anyone has had contact with Shawn?? I usually don't worry to much but I have an order placed that will be 10days tomorrow not shipped. 3 days with no reply in PM on this forum and 4 days ago with no reply on Etsy.

Thanks guys,

Shawn
It's curious what you mention, but each order I've placed with Shawn has been generally slowly processed and/or responded to. I have had a similar circumstance where I had at least three days with no response from Shawn on Etsy.

As far as TeaChat goes my impression is that he, like many of us, doesn't log in often and may not have gotten the PM you sent.

I hope he is doing well and that his nonresponse is due to the fact that he's busy creating more great work or, as you mentioned, away on a break.

Then again, as Chip mentioned:
Chip wrote:... creative types can be a bit slower than sellers of other artisans' works.

It will be worth the wait, but you can always contact via etsy.
Blessings!
It's not my first time buying from Shawn which is why I posted this. This is not the normal for him.

He did however contact me last night after I posted this.

Shawn

Oct 19th, '14, 20:38

by ShawnP » Oct 19th, '14, 20:38

Since I posted I haven't heard from Shawn I wanted to post all is worked out. My package although a long wait will arrive tomorrow.

Regardless of all that I am extremely excited as usual to receive one of Shawn's pieces. A soon to be new Chawan to add to my collection.

Shawn P

Oct 21st, '14, 19:54

by JBaymore » Oct 21st, '14, 19:54

I seem to remember seeing somewhere (like on Facebook) that he is away somewhere at a residency or building a kiln or something like that. Not sure.... but that is popping out in my brain.

best,

.................john

Oct 22nd, '14, 06:18

by ShawnP » Oct 22nd, '14, 06:18

JBaymore wrote:I seem to remember seeing somewhere (like on Facebook) that he is away somewhere at a residency or building a kiln or something like that. Not sure.... but that is popping out in my brain.

best,

.................john
Could be, as weird as it sounds I don't use Facebook. He didn't say the reason of delay in shipping or response but everything arrived and is gorgeous as ever (like usual).

I will take pics when I can and post up.

Shawn

Oct 22nd, '14, 10:14

by Poseidon » Oct 22nd, '14, 10:14

Shawn, I set you a message through ETSY. I was asking about your small 40-45ml Shibs you did awhile back. :mrgreen:

Oct 22nd, '14, 15:14

by ShawnP » Oct 22nd, '14, 15:14

Pics of the Chawan are posted in the Chawan thread if you want to see them.

Shawn :)

Nov 20th, '14, 23:45

by GreenwoodStudio » Nov 20th, '14, 23:45

I am in fact, still alive :) I've had very little time these days to get online, but now that the weather has gotten snowy and cold here in Central NY I'll have a chance to catch up on my online life. I have so much new work that I'm excited about. I'm not as excited about the prospect of photographing and listing it all, but I suppose it's a necessary evil.

We just unloaded our wood-kiln this morning and I'm particularly happy about the shinos that came out. They are the best I've ever done. Thick, white, crawling drifts of snow-like feldspar just in time for winter.

Here's a couple of shots of one of my favorite chawan. You'll notice I've been doing some fancy footwork :wink: I'll also add a link to a facebook album that I'll be adding a lot of pictures to over the next couple of weeks.Check it out if you feel so inclined.

Looking forward to catching up with you all.
Facebook album here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ca43ecfc88

Nov 21st, '14, 00:16

by kyarazen » Nov 21st, '14, 00:16

hi shawn,

awesome!

have you considered making incense burnerS? :D

kz

Nov 21st, '14, 00:23

by GreenwoodStudio » Nov 21st, '14, 00:23

kyarazen wrote:hi shawn,

awesome!

kz
Haha, I made a bunch of kodo cups with this very same clay/glaze combo. They came out really nice and I'll try to post some pics tomorrow :D

Nov 21st, '14, 00:28

by kyarazen » Nov 21st, '14, 00:28

GreenwoodStudio wrote:
kyarazen wrote:hi shawn,

awesome!

kz
Haha, I made a bunch of kodo cups with this very same clay/glaze combo. They came out really nice and I'll try to post some pics tomorrow :D
awesome! can i have an "advance" preview before they are released on the market? :D

Nov 21st, '14, 09:04

by Fuut » Nov 21st, '14, 09:04

Shawn, super nice chawan. And the footwork looks quite well done.

Would love to see some action on Etsy again :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply