Sep 18th, '15, 04:54

Re: Felix v.Bomhard – 100 pots, a learning path

by Bok » Sep 18th, '15, 04:54

Yes, exactly the same is very difficult! But professional potters achieve that with ease. Once saw a potter in Japan who did at that at an astonishing speed and high accuracy. Looked very easy the way he did it, but is the result of thousand of items thrown over and over… he even did it without the help of measuring items, all by eyesight! Long way to go there for me…

That said, I kind of do not even want to achieve that, the little differences and imperfections make it more humane and lively for me :D

And yes we are all limited by the dimensions of our bodies. According to my teacher, some kinds of pottery can only be done by people with a certain size of arms/legs and strength (large jars and vases etc.)

Oct 27th, '15, 09:09

by kuánglóng » Oct 27th, '15, 09:09

I just stumbled into this thread and I'm impressed by your pots, Bok - very nice, the viking inspired design is my favorite of the bunch. I recently thought about getting some clay to put some design ideas that have been zizagging through my mind into concrete shape but as I'm still on the road it isn't exactly the best time to get back into messing with clay and glazes.

Since your last post is from September - any news on the pot front?

Oct 27th, '15, 22:23

by Bok » Oct 27th, '15, 22:23

Thanks! That’s always the tricky part – to get those ideas from the head into the clay. Stubborn clay doesn’t always obey my wishes :mrgreen:

Not sure when I continue with the pots. Moved to another city and a baby is on the way, so time is short at the moment…

+ Post Reply