Customs and Tea Shipments

For general/other topics related to tea.

May 20th, '17, 22:28

Re: Customs and Tea Shipments

by stevorama » May 20th, '17, 22:28

customs at it again. busting into my tong man...

May 20th, '17, 23:39
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 20th, '17, 23:39

stevorama wrote: customs at it again. busting into my tong man...
Sucks, I know, but the amount of contraband going to the US from China right now is ridiculous!

May 21st, '17, 14:52

by stevorama » May 21st, '17, 14:52

jayinhk wrote: Sucks, I know, but the amount of contraband going to the US from China right now is ridiculous!
Really? Didn't know that. This only seems to happen with tea shipping through LA.

Recently brought a tong back on carry-on luggage from China. Bomb check in China - young kid quickly runs his fingers along the ridges of the tong through my backpack, figures it out. Bomb check in US - old guy pulls tong out of bag, "what is this?", looks like he's gonna take it apart, doesn't thankfully, rubs it all over with swab for explosives test. :!:

May 21st, '17, 22:19
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 21st, '17, 22:19

stevorama wrote:
jayinhk wrote: Sucks, I know, but the amount of contraband going to the US from China right now is ridiculous!
Really? Didn't know that. This only seems to happen with tea shipping through LA.

Recently brought a tong back on carry-on luggage from China. Bomb check in China - young kid quickly runs his fingers along the ridges of the tong through my backpack, figures it out. Bomb check in US - old guy pulls tong out of bag, "what is this?", looks like he's gonna take it apart, doesn't thankfully, rubs it all over with swab for explosives test. :!:
yeah they like their explosive swabs on the Mainland for sure. lol pretty hilarious that they swabbed your tong stateside! He'd probably never seen a tong of pu before.

And yes, China is considered a major source country for all kinds of stuff now...I won't get into details, but manufacturers over there are absolutely flooding the US with some very nasty substances.

+ Post Reply