Why did you make the jump to loose leaf?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Aug 20th, '17, 18:31
Vendor Member

Why did you make the jump to loose leaf?

by CalmingLeaf » Aug 20th, '17, 18:31

Why did you make the jump to loose leaf tea?

Aug 21st, '17, 06:15

Re: Why did you make the jump to loose leaf?

by Bok » Aug 21st, '17, 06:15

PandaBrewTea wrote: Why did you make the jump to loose leaf tea?
Don‘t like to drink dust which makes my stomach churn…

Aug 21st, '17, 11:07

by JAndrews2 » Aug 21st, '17, 11:07

Quality and variety of unflavored tea. Ability to control brewing parameters more precisely.

Honestly, though, at first it was money. Granted when I drink "nice" tea it's more than I'd pay for bagged tea, but decent loose tea from a grocery store can be found for much cheaper than decent bagged tea, and it resteeps better.

Aug 21st, '17, 15:13
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 21st, '17, 15:13

Quality! While I had a gongfu cha set in 2000, most of my tea consumption (in NYC at the time) was bottled iced tea. When I moved back to HK I kept drinking bottled iced tea, but then realized I needed Chinese tea for dim sum. Bought some HK-produced TGY teabags and realized they were crappy (I was a pretty serious coffee drinker at the time, so I knew a little about tea through osmosis). I ended up discovering TeaChat and then buying tea from a tea store that was on my way to work (a five minute walk in pretty much a straight line down a steep hill)!

The lady at the store sells tea to restaurants and sold me mediocre tea, but I was so happy to get real tea that I enjoyed the heck out of it. I wouldn't go near her store now I don't think! Her store was a great place to try out new teas, though, since she was happy to sell me as little as a tael of expensive yellow tea to take home and try. I also got my first high end very green Anxi TGY from her and that stuff was actually really good! Unfortunately her fancy shuixian wasn't much good at all (the last thing I bought from her, with Tony from Origin Tea, funnily enough) and I haven't been back since!

Wow, time sure flies!

Aug 21st, '17, 21:28

by janet11 » Aug 21st, '17, 21:28

Loose leaf tea with the aroma of tea itself and I really enjoy that.
The process of brewing tea is rich in philosophy of life.

Aug 28th, '17, 15:32

by MarcusReed » Aug 28th, '17, 15:32

I was looking for quality, taste differences found in loose leaf and a little help from my local Co-op had influenced me to take the plunge.
Once I started my journey I quickly wanted to try as many tea's as I could.
The snowball effect of my ambition coupled with being a tea buyer for a organic food store really had me studying hard. I quickly found tea to be something I immersed myself into with an open mind and embraced fully.
The lifestyle that came along with drinking tea was pleasantly adjusted to and seemingly natural looking back on my progression.

+ Post Reply