Tea Tastings in Los Angeles

For general/other topics related to tea.

Aug 28th, '17, 16:27

Re: Tea Tastings in Los Angeles

by MarcusReed » Aug 28th, '17, 16:27

Wish I lived in LA to join. Sounds absolutely wonderful!
I've had tea with the owner of teahabitat 2 years ago and it was such a pleasant time.
Her tasting room was very inviting.

Sep 2nd, '17, 20:12

by bagua7 » Sep 2nd, '17, 20:12

Lovely!

Would like to attend and share with like-minded people and fellow teachatters...but I'm nowhere near LA. (http://bit.ly/2gtnXOq) :(

My mind will attend your meetups though. :lol:

Sep 3rd, '17, 11:51

by victoria3 » Sep 3rd, '17, 11:51

bagua7 wrote: Lovely!

Would like to attend and share with like-minded people and fellow teachatters...but I'm nowhere near LA. (http://bit.ly/2gtnXOq) :(

My mind will attend your meetups though. :lol:
You can join our group virtually on Facebook :D you might also try starting a group in Brisbane and see if anyone joins.

Sep 8th, '17, 03:33

by bagua7 » Sep 8th, '17, 03:33

Would love to Vicky but I don't have an a/c with them.

Yes thanks for the suggestion and have joined a meetup group recently in my hometown:

https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/BrisbaneTeaMeetup/

See how they go. But I won't be expecting the 'pro level' of some of you guys...can't complain though, here in Aussie is all about booze! :(

Sep 8th, '17, 11:58

by victoria3 » Sep 8th, '17, 11:58

bagua7 wrote: Would love to Vicky but I don't have an a/c with them.
Yes thanks for the suggestion and have joined a meetup group recently in my hometown:
https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/BrisbaneTeaMeetup/
See how they go. But I won't be expecting the 'pro level' of some of you guys...can't complain though, here in Aussie is all about booze! :(
Worth finding out if there are any other tea obsessed connoisseurs like yourself :D

Sep 9th, '17, 22:19

by bagua7 » Sep 9th, '17, 22:19

victoria3 wrote:
Worth finding out if there are any other tea obsessed connoisseurs like yourself :D
None Vicky none :(

Attended this morning's event and only 1 person showed up! And he even had a full breakfast with a milan xiang DC I served because the host had to work (she was busy serving tables and from time to time came outside got a chat).

It's embarrassing and more so for the lovely Australian-Taiwanese lady who was this event's host. Anyway I'm hijacking your thread with my little Aussie drama, sorry about that. We have to be realistic: gongfu tea events in the West is kind of like running an underground triad :roll:

Have fun with yours!

Sep 9th, '17, 22:31

by victoria3 » Sep 9th, '17, 22:31

bagua7 wrote:
victoria3 wrote:
None Vicky none :(

Attended this morning's event and only 1 person showed up! And he even had a full breakfast with a milan xiang DC I served because the host had to work (she was busy serving tables and from time to time came outside got a chat).

It's embarrassing and more so for the lovely Australian-Taiwanese lady who was this event's host. Anyway I'm hijacking your thread with my little Aussie drama, sorry about that. We have to be realistic: gongfu tea events in the West is kind of like running an underground triad :roll:

Have fun with yours!

Help you need help :roll: Start Your own group and see who comes out of the woodwork :D

Sep 18th, '17, 20:00

by bagua7 » Sep 18th, '17, 20:00

Thank you!

A bit better last Sunday.

A Japanese lady showed up, we had some lovely wild Yunnan silver needles. Ended up drinking tea for 4 h. Time flew by pretty fast. Good company, great tea...what else matters hey?

Now, I am on a hunt for this particular tea. It ain't easy.

Hope you had fun last w/end. :)

+ Post Reply