Teas/Cigars

For general/other topics related to tea.

Oct 17th, '17, 21:19

Teas/Cigars

by jazzdad7 » Oct 17th, '17, 21:19

Good day Teachats. As I am a avid cigar indulger, I was wondering who here might pair their cigars with teas? There is alot of pairing with coffee and of course spirits and wine; however very little if any on teas.

The other night, I had Black Currant tea with a splash of Carmel creamer with an Oliva Gilberto Reserva Blanc. It was a Great combination.

Would like to hear from others. Hope this post is in line for the site.

Jazzdad7

Oct 17th, '17, 23:31
Vendor Member

Re: Teas/Cigars

by jayinhk » Oct 17th, '17, 23:31

jazzdad7 wrote: Good day Teachats. As I am a avid cigar indulger, I was wondering who here might pair their cigars with teas? There is alot of pairing with coffee and of course spirits and wine; however very little if any on teas.

The other night, I had Black Currant tea with a splash of Carmel creamer with an Oliva Gilberto Reserva Blanc. It was a Great combination.

Jazzdad7
I feel smoking a cigar absolutely overpowers the flavor of good tea; and consuming alcohol with cigars is known to increase oral cancer risk. Tea would perhaps be better than whisky/cognac/brandy but nowadays I just water as it aids cigar appreciation. I drink my tea when my palate has recovered. :)

Oct 18th, '17, 05:49

by tingjunkie » Oct 18th, '17, 05:49

Cigars and high fire oolongs are a great combination. I have decided cigars are really not for me, so I don't pair them anymore, but quite a few evenings were spent at Tim's place "experimenting." His blog is a great place to read up on some thoughts on the topic. Just search the blog for "cigar" and you'll find a lot. http://themandarinstea.blogspot.com/201 ... d-tea.html

Oct 18th, '17, 06:58

by Senlin » Oct 18th, '17, 06:58

jazzdad7 wrote: Good day Teachats. As I am a avid cigar indulger, I was wondering who here might pair their cigars with teas? There is alot of pairing with coffee and of course spirits and wine; however very little if any on teas.

Jazzdad7
Pipe and PuEr work very well together!

Senlin

Dec 14th, '17, 00:55

by elkeweiss » Dec 14th, '17, 00:55

Teas all the way.

Dec 15th, '17, 06:07

by Psyck » Dec 15th, '17, 06:07

You should pair a cigar with a puerh pressed into a cigar shape - Bamboo Puerh!

+ Post Reply