Dec 3rd, '09, 00:17

Re: How can TEA be second most consumed beverage in the world?

by aKnightWhoSaysNi » Dec 3rd, '09, 00:17

We Americans would drink much more tea than we already do if the British hadn't of taxed the hell out of it back in the day. "What?! A tax on tea?! Screw this, we're a coffee-drinking nation now."

Dec 3rd, '09, 18:31

by chris&amy » Dec 3rd, '09, 18:31

Funkmaster! Bojangles is my favorite chicken place! I moved up to Maryland last year and there are no Bojangles here. I am suffering big time. I bet I drank a million gallons of Bojangles sweet tea. What part of N.C you from? We are from the Greenville area.

Chris

Dec 4th, '09, 20:43

by tropicanahana » Dec 4th, '09, 20:43

WOW sad statements! I could go on about the significance and history of tea in almost every culture in the world, but it's pretty much been said. I never met a single person who doesn't drink tea. You need to get out more!

Dec 13th, '09, 12:12

by skilfautdire » Dec 13th, '09, 12:12

tealeaf wrote:Keep in mind the numbers that we're talking about here. Even if everyone in the United States drank tea every day it would still be a footnote against the amount of tea drunk in China and India, not to mention Africa taken as a whole and all the other smaller countries where tea drinking is a standard part of daily life. (Turkey springs to mind, as does Japan.)
Add to that all the Arabic countries, and Iran. And probably a good deal of the 'stan' countries.

+ Post Reply